Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

delighted for him he should have never being sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Kalyke

From who? A lad, who heard from a lad, who heard it from his brothers mates mate, who heard it from a bird he is having a fling with!!!!!
    Would he like to put yere hands into my wound??:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

YES! :D

Big boost for Mayo now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Any word on the reason Keegan's card was rescinded?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭MeIsGod

Because of all of Mayos moaning, the GAA bent over backwards to keep them sweet joke of a decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

MeIsGod wrote: »
    Because of all of Mayos moaning, the GAA bent over backwards to keep them sweet joke of a decision.

WAHHHHHHH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Any word on the reason Keegan's card was rescinded?

I honestly cannot even guess what it might be.

He'd have to say it was a twitch in his leg or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I honestly cannot even guess what it might be.

He'd have to say it was a twitch in his leg or something

We were all a bit twitchy that day in fairness, I'm happy about it, but can't imagine the rationale behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

WAHHHHHHH!!!!

Don't even give him the joy of replying . Most of his posts are not even gaa related mostly soccer . He's just looking for a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

MeIsGod wrote: »

Diarmuid Connolly. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    Diarmuid Connolly. That is all.

That's not all. It was a kick and a different rule being reviewed, no play acting by the other player for the committee to take into consideration.

Its not the same. It might have hurt more when Connelly did it, but WRT the facts at hand this was a straight forward decission and a kick, plus the ref saw 100% of it. He looks like a fool now IMHO.

Obviously if they thought a yellow was sufficient and that having missed so much of the game they thought he'd been punished enough.

Edit. Seems I'm wrong he didn't see all of it, or he wrote the wrong thing down in his report

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy

The ref said Lee ‘kicked with minimal force’ but in the video it was shown he ‘attempted to kick with minimal force’. Horan's call to Saul Goodman really paid off.

A tiny part of me feels sorry for Richie Feeney. If Barrett, Keane and Harrison got injured or red-carded he might have got his chance for glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Stoner wrote: »
    That's not all. It was a kick and a different rule being reviewed, no play acting by the other player for the committee to take into consideration.

Its not the same. It might have hurt more when Connelly did it, but WRT the facts at hand this was a straight forward decission and a kick, plus the ref saw 100% of it. He looks like a fool now IMHO.

Obviously if they thought a yellow was sufficient and that having missed so much of the game they thought he'd been punished enough.

Edit. Seems I'm wrong he didn't see all of it, or he wrote the wrong thing down in his report

He must have thought he saw contact, but didn't. Fell for Buckleys play acting though.

Correction: Walsh was the one play acting. Buckley was the one who struck Keegan in the ribs, and received no punishment under precisely the same rule that had Keegan sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Blackjack wrote: »
    He must have thought he saw contact, but didn't. Fell for Buckleys play acting though.
    He was kicked deliberately and threw his hands up in the air in a shocked fashion which he was entitled to do. It was a rash reaction from Keegan and a bit thuggish if I'm being honest and warranted the red card. I'm a mayo man and I saw the incident both live and on repeated viewing. Buckley doesn't strike me as the kind of player to play act, and likewise neither does Keegan strike me as a violent one, but rules are rules. This decision is wrong imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

K4t wrote: »
    He was kicked deliberately and threw his hands up in the air in a shocked fashion which he was entitled to do. It was a rash reaction from Keegan and a bit thuggish if I'm being honest and warranted the red card. I'm a mayo man and I saw the incident both live and on repeated viewing. Buckley doesn't strike me as the kind of player to play act, and likewise neither does Keegan strike me as a violent one, but rules are rules. This decision is wrong imo.

He wasn't kicked - that's the point. Keegan never made contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Debtocracy wrote: »
    The ref said Lee ‘kicked with minimal force’ but in the video it was shown he ‘attempted to kick with minimal force’.

Talk about getting off on a technicality...Equivalent to if the ref had seen the John Finn jaw-break incident all those years ago out of the corner of his eye and reported it as an elbow but turned out it was a punch and the Dublin player concerned having his red card rescinded on that basis.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What changes, more tactics, can we expect to see?
    I think the change of mindset in the 1st half to defending against Kerry nearly cost us the game. Though in a 1-1 shootout which it could become, would be impossible to call.
    We had some very basic mistakes in the 1st half which we need to eradicate. Its going to be a 1 point either way or I do think we can see another draw here.
    Extra-time if this happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

yop wrote: »
    What changes, more tactics, can we expect to see?
    I think the change of mindset in the 1st half to defending against Kerry nearly cost us the game. Though in a 1-1 shootout which it could become, would be impossible to call.
    We had some very basic mistakes in the 1st half which we need to eradicate. Its going to be a 1 point either way or I do think we can see another draw here.
    Extra-time if this happens?

Post that over on the match thread would you - we badly need to get people off the red card and venue dramabombs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

K4t wrote: »

The kerry forwards had a gameplan the last day to slow down any mayo counter attacks by giving away frees and trying to provoke a reaction. When they got a reaction they made sure they highlighted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

The kerry forwards had a gameplan the last day to slow down any mayo counter attacks by giving away frees and trying to provoke a reaction. When they got a reaction they made sure they highlighted it.

To be fair to Aiden Oshea. The cameras only caught 1/2 of the fouling that was done on him . Some of the off the ball tactics from Kerry midfield were as if the black card would never be handed out. Oshea a runs were interfered with so many times I can't believe how a big man like him kept his cool.

Any word of cafferky starting .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

keane2097 wrote: »
    Post that over on the match thread would you - we badly need to get people off the red card and venue dramabombs!

ah stop, I'm sick to the teeth of reading them threads there now. Too easy to get involved in the drama there.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

To be fair to Aiden Oshea. The cameras only caught 1/2 of the fouling that was done on him . Some of the off the ball tactics from Kerry midfield were as if the black card would never be handed out. Oshea a runs were interfered with so many times I can't believe how a big man like him kept his cool.

Any word of cafferky starting .

I hear Cafferkys injury was just cramp so he is supposed to be fit to play. Not sure should he though

Still no team, I think Caff might be out. What else they are waiting for God knows.

Reilly and his linesmen will need to be very tight on this game tomorrow, it was Reilly who called out Keegans kick, so pressure is on him now.

I don't think Donaghy will start and I can Kerry keeping the team they named there. But when "star" comes on we will need to counteract that with a big man back, Caff isn't big or cute enough to "tackle" him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Team named - no changes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Team named - no changes

No changes from the last team named or no change from the last team that started?

No changes from the last team named or no change from the last team that started?

Team which was named. So that team won't start

Edit: Same 15 :)

MAYO (SF v Kerry): Robert Hennelly; Tom Cunniffe, Ger Cafferkey, Keith Higgins; Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle, Donal Vaughan; Jason Gibbons, Seamus O’Shea; Kevin McLoughlin, Aidan O'Shea, Jason Doherty; Cillian O'Connor, Alan Freeman, Alan Dillon.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

yop wrote: »
    Still no team, I think Caff might be out. What else they are waiting for God knows.

Reilly and his linesmen will need to be very tight on this game tomorrow, it was Reilly who called out Keegans kick, so pressure is on him now.

I don't think Donaghy will start and I can Kerry keeping the team they named there. But when "star" comes on we will need to counteract that with a big man back, Caff isn't big or cute enough to "tackle" him.

Would Duffy be a good option to counter Donaghy? or drop SOS back and bring Barry Moran on at midfield?

• Advertisement

KMFCross wrote: »
    Would Duffy be a good option to counter Donaghy? or drop SOS back and bring Barry Moran on at midfield?

I reckon Duffy would be the man for the job, can't see it happening though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement