Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayotom wrote: »
    Will the Game be on TV on Sunday???

Not on no

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ascii wrote: »
    I stand to be corrected but was he names at MF with Harte got one point from play. AOS played CF

Needless to say we know what that game resulted in....Johnno being able to do his Dail job 5 days a week :D:D:D:D

According to Mayo blog your spot on about that ;)

http://mayogaablog.com/?p=5464

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The Mayo Senior Football Team to face New York this Sunday 4th May at 2.30p.m. in Gaelic Park is as follows:
    1) Robbie Hennelly - Breaffy
    2) Tom Cunniffe - Castlebar Mitchels
    3) Kevin Keane - Westport
    4) Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    5) Lee Keegan - Westport
    6) Colm Boyle - Davitts
    7) Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    8) Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
    9) Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
    10) Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
    11) Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
    12) Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
    13) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    14) Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen (Captain)
    15) Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber

no ciaran mcdonald after scoring 7-15!!!??? :eek::eek::eek:

keane2097 wrote: »
    no ciaran mcdonald after scoring 7-15!!!??? :eek::eek::eek:

No, he got black carded in the 95th minute and decided he didn't have the bottle to turn up next Sunday. Playing tiddle winks instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

No Freeman or Caff? What's the word there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭statto25

I had a quick chat with Horan last night and he reckoned he was saving Mac for the "Big Games in Croker" He's on a strict fitness regime and has to climb the reek four times a day and can only eat Weetabix and dry toast. I kid you not! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Any idea why Richie Feeney isn't getting a look in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

mayotom wrote: »
    Will the Game be on TV on Sunday???

Are you joking? Not a hope. Cost far too much for rte. Maybe in years to come if the New York link isn't severed then possibly Sky might take the fixture on.

mufc1993 wrote: »

Maybe perhaps others are showing up better in training. I personally think his legs don't have the zip anymore for the high tempo of summer championship football and he will only get limited playing time this year. Impact sub at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Strong Mayo team named taking no chances. Probably looking to finish the contest by half time and clear the bench for the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

mufc1993 wrote: »
    when you only get a minute in the game against derry theres not a chance he will start him for fear he might play very well and deserve to start the next game.there has to be some sh1te going on in the panel for feeney not getting games

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

yop wrote: »
    According to Mayo blog your spot on about that ;)

http://mayogaablog.com/?p=5464

My mistake, it was Sligo that year.
    Both games to forget..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

We'll swap ye Mark McHugh for Richie Feeney....

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I have to say I really think we need to put new york to the sword. I mean anialate them. Points, goals and no conceeding on our behalf.

A massive win will get team spirit going and reinstill the belief of last year's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Anyone know where Adam Gallagher has disappeared to ? Injured ?

He looked like he was gonna make a real impact for us this year given his performances earlier in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭statto25

Has the Championship squad been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Excellent defense and midfield picked. In terms of physical power and scoring potential looks like quite a lightweight forward line.
    The benchmark is who has performed against Div 1/2 level defenders in 2013/14.
    Diarmuid OConnor is a step too slow and a stone too light. He's only out of minor grade. A guy like Murtagh from Roscommon is physically strong for his age.
    SOS will be a 3rd midfielder no complaints.
    JDOC (2 DOCs now!) Needs a big game or someone else deserves a chance.
    COC will perform well I imagine but would be interesting to see him centre forward use his intelligence.
    Andy - needs a big game.
    Kevin Mc - likely to roam but generally is better when picked half forward.
    New York should pull men back and break out from Diarmuid OConnors wing.
    This is a decent enough New York team. Quigley/Wherity the stand out players then some players who were minor/u21 etc.
    I see us struggling first half but winning by 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭blowitupref

I could see Cillian O'Connor scoring another hat-trick of goals on Sunday New York will be total overpowered in midfield and they won't be able to cope with the Mayo runners from the half back line or the intensity. New York might sneak in for a late goal when the bench is cleared though.

New York 1-7 Mayo 4-18

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dj30

Anyone know if there will be commentary on mid-west for the match tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭eastmayo

dj30 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be commentary on mid-west for the match tomorrow?

Yes live on mad west

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

eastmayo wrote: »
    Yes live on mad west

What time's it on mad west?:)

I think Hogan stand said it was a 7.30 pm throw in.

I see my prediction of the Rossies U21 been eaten alive by the Dubs came through... mental game towards the end. It will take air out of their sails for out meeting in the Hyde.

I think Hogan stand said it was a 7.30 pm throw in.

I see my prediction of the Rossies U21 been eaten alive by the Dubs came through... mental game towards the end. It will take air out of their sails for out meeting in the Hyde.

In fairness that prediction came off the back of heavy defeat to the Rossies at home. That view was probably in more anger and hope that it would happen.

Roscommon have to beat Leitrim first you could have a trip to Carrick on Shannon instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭eastmayo

seligehgit wrote: »
    What time's it on mad west?:)

Yes 7 30 live with John Casey and Mick finnerty,

In fairness that prediction came off the back of heavy defeat to the Rossies at home. That view was probably in more anger and hope that it would happen.

Roscommon have to beat Leitrim first you could have a trip to Carrick on Shannon instead.

Nope, I had seen the Dubs playing previous to that and they were just a steam roller, of course I wasn't happy with our loss, but what I saw of Dublin in the that game was something hard to stop.

Absolutely why not Leitrim, they have beaten Roscommon already this year.

Nope, I had seen the Dubs playing previous to that and they were just a steam roller, of course I wasn't happy with our loss, but what I saw of Dublin in the that game was something hard to stop.

Absolutely why not Leitrim, they have beaten Roscommon already this year.

The only previous game Dublin showed that type of form was against lowly Carlow. The other games Longford held them 10 scores,Meath 15 and Cavan 11 however all weren't as naive in their defending as Roscommon were.

Cavan were very close to defeating that Dublin side in the semi final it will be interesting if senior sides will try the same tactics this summer to defeat Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Any streams for this? Apologies if i shouldn't ask that here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Unless anyone in New York live streams it through Google hangouts, twitch etc. I'd say its pretty unlikely

Doubt it as it isn't being broadcast anywhere. Maybe someone in Gaelic Park will set up a webcam so we could watch it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has anything been heard on Freeman's omission ? The silence is worrying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement