Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

caspa307 wrote: »

Read the url first before i went there, 12 million seemed a bit high in retrospect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    Read the url first before i went there, 12 million seemed a bit high in retrospect.

There's a "." in the headline on the report - sales are 1.2 million...lol.

EDIT: Re-read your post.
    Vita hardware sales top 1.2 million
    Retail and digital game sales surpass two million units worldwide
    Share this
    +
    Comments 4

PS Vita hardware sales have topped 1.2 million units globally, boosted by the system's Western launch earlier this month.

Click to view larger image
    As of February 26, software sales also surpassed two million units at both retail and across the PlayStation Network.

The platform holder said that Vita sales "have exceeded expectations... firmly establishing PS Vita as the must-have portable entertainment device across the world".

Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House added: "PS Vita was designed to deliver the ultimate portable entertainment experience, and we couldn't be more thrilled with the reaction we're seeing from consumers and the pace at which PS Vita is selling.

"The market has responded and there is clear demand for a mobile device capable of providing a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context.

"To sustain momentum, we're working closely with 3rd party developers and publishers to ensure the best games and franchises possible will be available on PS Vita, and our software line up for the remainder of 2012 will have something for everyone across the globe."

Last week, Sony Computer Entertainment UK managing director Fergal Gara told CVG that the early consumer response to Vita had been "very encouraging". On Monday, Vita games took the top two spots on the UK all formats chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

caspa307 wrote:
    Varik wrote:

A little help for those of us at work? Please? /begs

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

F1ngers wrote: »

The way I read that, it seems that total global sales is 1.2m post US and EU launch. Unless I'm mistaken about .6m had already been sold in Japan, so does that mean only .6m were sold globally over the last few days?

Doesn't seem like a lot. Decent rather than impressive. Hopefully there won't be the same type of sales drop off that the Japanese figures experienced. The better the sales, the more devs will want to invest time and money on the platform.

• Advertisement

caspa307 wrote: »
    F1ngers wrote: »

EDIT: Re-read your post.

No need to re-read it as what i said is what i meant.

I read the URL www.computerandvideogames.com/337593/vita-hardware-sales-top-12-million first then went on to the site and saw 1.2 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Is it true you can't earn trophies if you buy the game used?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Notorioux wrote: »
    Is it true you can't earn trophies if you buy the game used?

you can, when you install the game for the first time, hold down the game app until the delete/edit screen shows up. There will be a little symbol in the top right corner and it will have delete. Click that and re-install the game and you should be fine.

Worked for me with MvC anyway.

Just in case it's of interest to those with store credit or vouchers, GAME will now be stocking the Ubisoft Vita launch titles going forward, having overcome whatever credit issue they had with Ubi last week. Not sure if they are on the shelves today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

A track of the day would definately work. I guess we can decide upon points when he have some numbers.

The current contendors on the 1st Annual daily MotorStorm RC championship are as follows.

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    3. ghostchant
    4. grahamer666 (username: Desecrator666)
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    7. Big Knox (I am assuming is interested)
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus

• Advertisement

A track of the day would definately work. I guess we can decide upon points when he have some numbers.

The current contendors on the 1st Annual daily MotorStorm RC championship are as follows.

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    3. ghostchant (username: dyasmurphy)
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV (PSN - redxiv2)
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus
    16. Det Somerset (PSN - Philamental)

Fixed your list as there were a couple of changes since the version you copied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I bought the treasure map for uncharted, hate looking all over for tiny little glints, or constantly having to check the net :rolleyes: and the additional game modes for stardust. Endless is great, I thought the gold trophy for surviving ten minutes in it would be super easy though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon (MaC-IE)
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus

Added PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    3. ghostchant
    4. grahamer666 (username: Desecrator666)
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    11. RedXIV
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus
    16. jonneymendoza

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone want to start up a FIFA vita type league?

I think this deserves a thread of it's own.. Maybe someone can make it.. I am up for that cartman91 think I have you added anyways

brianmcdon wrote: »

1. padair
    2. caspa307
    4. grahamer666
    5. LazyBaker
    6. brianmcdon (MaC-IE)
    8. mise
    9. Darksaga87
    10. NotorietyH
    12. phoniexknight
    13. lamboz
    14. fruitshophero
    15. Serpheus
    17. jonneymendoza

Added PSN

List is fully up to date please use this list.

Just in case it's of interest to those with store credit or vouchers, GAME will now be stocking the Ubisoft Vita launch titles going forward, having overcome whatever credit issue they had with Ubi last week. Not sure if they are on the shelves today though.

Read that all PS3 and vita in game have property of Sony written on them, just in case things go bad whoever Game owe rent to can't take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

Read that all PS3 and vita in game have property of Sony written on them, just in case things go bad whoever Game owe rent to can't take them.

I got my Vita in HMV last week and it had this sticker on it.... I remember thinking I had never seen anything like that on a console box before but didn't think twice about it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

I think this deserves a thread of it's own.. Maybe someone can make it.. I am up for that cartman91 think I have you added anyways

yeah i am also up for a fifa league, i utterly suck at it but shur can only get better

my psn: Griefa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'm in for FIFA league psn: Lord_Spence

• Advertisement

I'm in for FIFA league psn: Lord_Spence

Up for a game now? I am just about to add you.. BArra I added you also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im game for a fifa league, ID is ClydeRadcliffe

also got most other games as well, for motorstorm RC i'll play too, but ive to use my irish psn for that, which is H3lx

Wow beating someone 3-0 with Aston Villa and him Man City and he came back to 3-3 now the game has just completely froze.. Probably going to count as a loss to me anyways as usual...I honestly think the wi-fi on my PS Vita is f*cked up... Does everyone else have to look at a loading screen and signing into PS Network when they want to go to the friends list? Seems to happen to me every time, any time I want to play Fifa I need to connect manually to the servers too...

Yeah counted as a loss to me also... Thats about 5th or 6th time that has happened to me... Absolute joke to be honest... Is it only me or is this crap happening to anyone else?

:mad:

Ok go to results and the lad I was beating ''3-0'' somehow ended up beating me ''5-2'' haha how the heck does that happen... Can you cheat or something?.. He seemed to just have me lagging at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Up for a game now? I am just about to add you.. BArra I added you also..

In work but might catch u for a game later . What's the best way to get this league going?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 captainkrusty

just bought vita today its amazing PSN name:captainkrusty if you wanna add me

I'm done with FIFA now... Anyone want to trade just let me know... Absolute joke of a game for me anyways online... Can't seem to connect online at all... And if I do, it disconnects during the game anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What's the friends max amount keeps telling me I can't add any more think I have 12 or so???

What's the friends max amount keeps telling me I can't add any more think I have 12 or so???

Max is 100 at least thats for PS3 anyways and I have both sets of friends on Vita too... Maybe the person you are adding has full friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Maybe you can only add a certain amount a day or something. Though that seems odd. If it was me you were trying to add, my list may have been full. Have cleared a bit of space there now anyway.

• Advertisement

Some seriously negative things about Fifa here, I just play career mode so I was going to buy soon but looks like I should hold out for the trade ins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement