Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got Tales of Hearts R in GAME in Belfast today for £25, thankfully it was sealed as I may end up using it as a Xmas gift, Includes 3 DLC and some sort of code for a competition to win the Japanese Collectors Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got Tales of Hearts R in GAME in Belfast today for £25, thankfully it was sealed as I may end up using it as a Xmas gift, Includes 3 DLC and some sort of code for a competition to win the Japanese Collectors Edition.

Keep it, its not the best Tales game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it again on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

After debating it for the week I caved and just bought Danganronpa for €15 on the PSN store.

Not sure where I'm going to find time to play it as I haven't even touched Freedom Wars in a while now and I'm only on Code 4 in that :P

tok9 wrote: »
    After debating it for the week I caved and just bought Danganronpa for €15 on the PSN store.

Not sure where I'm going to find time to play it as I haven't even touched Freedom Wars in a while now and I'm only on Code 4 in that :P

Great game, but will take about 30 hours to beat, the sequel Goodbye Despair is a great game as well and takes twice as long to finish.

Monokuma is like nothing you have ever seen, enjoy.

Been meaning to go back to this as I am about halfway through it, great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was reading there in the US people who got the Vita when it 1st came out in the 1st 3 months are $25 USD credit on PSN for some lie they said in there adds over cross games. Are we going to be getting something like that here as stupid as it sounds ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was reading there in the US people who got the Vita when it 1st came out in the 1st 3 months are $25 USD credit on PSN for some lie they said in there adds over cross games. Are we going to be getting something like that here as stupid as it sounds ?

It was a fair ruling, Sony pretty much lied in those adverts about the functionality of the Vita, the new PS4 advert is along those same lines as well, they need to be very careful.

As for getting the rebate, it was a US ruling so won't apply europeans unles Europe takes them to court over the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dear users,

I am thinking of Buying a 2nd hand Vita, what do I need to know?
    How much is a good price for the Vita alone?
    What cables / cards / leads / Adaptors should come with it?
    Is there any real stand-out unbelievable games I should look for?

I know to all you knowledgeable types this is probably showing my ignorance but forgive my lack of knowledge :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cormac... wrote: »
    Dear users,

I am thinking of Buying a 2nd hand Vita, what do I need to know?
    How much is a good price for the Vita alone?
    What cables / cards / leads / Adaptors should come with it?
    Is there any real stand-out unbelievable games I should look for?

I know to all you knowledgeable types this is probably showing my ignorance but forgive my lack of knowledge :o

Not sure on price, but the main things you need are
    - charging cable
    - memory card

As far as games go, i'm more of a big title kind of gamer. God of War collection is awesome. Assasin Creed is supposed to be awesome, it'll be my next purchase. Call of Duty was decent, I've played the demo of Little Big Planet and it looks like loads of fun. Unit 13 not so great.....there is a race car game as well I have, cant remember the name of it...but it works real well on the Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

There are two models, the old model (generally known as the OLED model) and the new (Slim) model. Both have their pros and cons - some people, like myself, love the OLED screen on the old model while other people prefer the slimmer nature and buttons of the new non-OLED model. You can tell the different because the old model has a metal band around the outer frame, similar to an iphone 4.

For a vita alone, a second-hand price should be no more than 150 euro, (a brand new is 200 euro in a bundle with a memory card and game(s)).

A/c adaptor + charger cable is all it needs (this cable doubles up as the usb-cable to connect to pc for backing up games etc).

As mentioned above, you'll need a memory card - unless you get a slim model which has 1gig memory built in (though that won't get you far).

Have to disagree with the game suggestions above - avoid assassins creed and call of duty. Killzone is a must have, and is exclusive. I would also put Gravity Rush (another exclusive) as a must have.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

^Killzone is another on my to get list. I've heard that its less clunky than COD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Do I need such a thing as "a vita Card"? not to be confused with a memory card.

Also is Uncharted Golden Compass any good (I'm a big fan of the main 3 games)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Tearaway is a brilliant game that uses all the features, I'd highly recommend it. Persona 4 if you are into JRPGs.

I play a lot of indies on it, Binding of Isaac, Hotline Miami, Thomas was alone, Lone Survivor... All great games that play well on the Vita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Well, the memory cards are proprietary so they are specific cards for the Vita and they are pretty fecking expensive. I've a 16GB which is probably the least you should go for if buying one.

The Uncharted game is alright but slightly disappointing. It'll take you about 6-8 hours to finish it. Best AAA games to go for are probably Tearaway, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Wipeout, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, the Rayman games, Need for Speed and Persona 4 off the top of my head.

There's a ton of indies out there that are perfect on the Vita like Limbo, Hotline Miami, Velocity 2x, Escape Plan, Thomas was Alone, Lone Survivor and Stealth: A Clone in the Dark amongst others.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ^Killzone is another on my to get list. I've heard that its less clunky than COD.

Yeah, it actually feels like a proper fps rather than a handheld "attempt" at an fps. Definitely pick it up next!

You mean a vita "cart"? Vita games can be bought as physical cartridges or as digital downloads. Again both have pros and cons: physical carts don't use up a lot of space on a memory card (just save data usually), and are re-sellable/tradable/swappable while digitial downloads can never be lost or stolen as they are tied to your account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

+1 for tearaway! Awesome little game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Gravity Rush is a great game. So is Rainbow Moon, tonnes of quests and exploring to do. Uncharted: Golden Abyss wasn't too bad. Soul Sacrifice is quite good aswell.

If you're a PS+ subscriber and have been purchasing all the titles out if the IGC then chances are you already have a game backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kevdub23

lads how much would I get for a mint ps vita? if I sold it on ebay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

kevdub23 wrote: »
    lads how much would I get for a mint ps vita? if I sold it on ebay?

€150 max

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Is Akiba undead & undressed worth 15 euro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haven't played it but I heard good things about it,Where you getting it for that price?

Yes definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Haven't played it but I heard good things about it,Where you getting it for that price?

PS store

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Quick question, I've heard amazing things about persona 4 golden and it's only €12 so think now is the time to jump in. The only problem is I'm not a big fan of JRPGs but the overwhelming praise for this game is really tempting me. I only recently realised I must have bought persona 3 portable at some point because it's on my account so should I just play that first? My concern is that this deal will be gone by the time I realise I want it. Turns out I wasn't that quick, sorry.

The games are not connected they have a similar style of play but different characters and story, you don't need to play 3 to play 4, 3 however is awesome but 4 imo is better. At €12 it is an absolute steal too.

I'd say play persona 3 first, provided that's a free option. You'll either love it or you won't. If you love it you won't care what price persona 4 is, you'll buy it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

animaX wrote: »
    I'd say play persona 3 first, provided that's a free option. You'll either love it or you won't. If you love it you won't care what price persona 4 is, you'll buy it anyway

Good point, it'll probably go on sale down the line too. I'll play 3 now and see how I get on. Thanks for the feedback.

In Freedom Wars, does anyone know what criteria you have to meet to get the best rating in missions?

Natural doctrine is 15 on the store too, tempted to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭RedXIV

tok9 wrote: »
    In Freedom Wars, does anyone know what criteria you have to meet to get the best rating in missions?

I think it's mainly time based to get the 6 star rating. The special rewards for not dying etc just result in extra items

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Quick question, I've heard amazing things about persona 4 golden and it's only €12 so think now is the time to jump in. The only problem is I'm not a big fan of JRPGs but the overwhelming praise for this game is really tempting me. I only recently realised I must have bought persona 3 portable at some point because it's on my account so should I just play that first? My concern is that this deal will be gone by the time I realise I want it. Turns out I wasn't that quick, sorry.

I'm wondering about this too, I've never really played RPGs/Japanese games but this game seems to be everyone's favourite; is it worth the punt?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm wondering about this too, I've never really played RPGs/Japanese games but this game seems to be everyone's favourite; is it worth the punt?

In terms of RPGs there's very little better than Persona 4. When people say it's one of the greatest games of all time they aren't being hyperbolic, it really is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Persona 4 is one of the only 60 hours plus games that IMO legitimately worth playing through in its entirety. In terms of character and narrative it is many cuts above the average. The constant balancing of the game's social activities with the dungeon crawling means that grind rarely sets in, and there's a lot of variety. It helps too that the game's music and visuals are fantastic, which keeps everything ticking over. Crucially, everything comes together beautifully, meaning as a 'whole' experience there's nothing like it.

It's one of my favourite games ever, if not my favourite, and Id recommend it wholeheartedly. It addresses enough of the common concerns about JRPGs - such as repetition and generic characters / story / setting - that it's worth taking a gamble on even if you're unfamiliar or even hostile towards the genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

finished steamworld dig, v enjoyable game, tryin to get into spelunky now keep dying thou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Spelunky is impossible...countless rage quitting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

sammyjo90 wrote: »

The Hungry Horde is good, give that a shot.

sammyjo90 wrote: »

Such a noob :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Like YOU can do any better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

hey guys. whats the batman game like on vita any good. i was thinking about geeting a 3ds as well so should i get it for vita or 3ds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know much about invokers out today on vita. Apparently its a free to play moba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

hey guys. whats the batman game like on vita any good. i was thinking about geeting a 3ds as well so should i get it for vita or 3ds.

I enjoyed it. its also available now on PC, Xbox, ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

That you can.

That you can.

Yep. I believe there are even cases where a PS1 game which isn't listed as Vita-compatible and can't be downloaded to Vita, can be legitimately transferred from PS3 to vita and works. Moral of the story, don't go by Sonys "compatibility" list (though obviously the ones they say are compatible definitely are, just not the other way around)

Yep. I believe there are even cases where a PS1 game which isn't listed as Vita-compatible and can't be downloaded to Vita, can be legitimately transferred from PS3 to vita and works. Moral of the story, don't go by Sonys "compatibility" list (though obviously the ones they say are compatible definitely are, just not the other way around)

So if I have a couple of ps1 games downloaded from the us psn store on my ps3, I can transfer them over to my Irish account on my vita?

• Advertisement

So if I have a couple of ps1 games downloaded from the us psn store on my ps3, I can transfer them over to my Irish account on my vita?

Sorry no, still region/account locked.

There's a work around that involves buying an extra memory card and doing a factory reset everytime you want to switch. Seems a bit of a pain in the hoop so I never really bother trying it out.

There's a work around that involves buying an extra memory card and doing a factory reset everytime you want to switch. Seems a bit of a pain in the hoop so I never really bother trying it out.

Yes agreed, but this doesn't allow you to transfer a game from a US account to an EU account as mentioned in the previous post. This allows you to effectively have two accounts on one vita.

However, demo's and other non-DRMed content (Netflix etc) CAN be installed on vitas/accounts from other regions, e.g. you can install US or JAP demos on an EU-account vita.

Damn!

Danganronpa 2 is on sale now - €16 with PS+

I haven't even started the first one after buying that but that looks like another great price!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement