Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

aindriu80 wrote: »
    well the video looks pretty good. I might pick up a vita if the games aren't too expensive. I played Thomas was alone on the Ps3 lately and it was good gameplay. Just going to check out uncharted on vita again now.

I recently picked up a vita and am loving it. It's a fantastic machine. Playing through MGS collection at the moment. Have played wipeout and uncharted (free on ps+) and in terms of graphics those 2 are amazing and I presume things will only get better. Have a look at killzone mercenary which is coming out in sept. as for ps+ just have a read of the other thread on here. It's an amazing service

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Evilbart

Mod snip - adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

No Klonoa? BOOOO!

No unfortunately, but if you haven't play the early resident evils then this is a great price for all three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Picked up Rayman, having somehow missed it on the PS1, and loving it so far.

Also, got Hotline Miami, plays really well on the Vita, and not bad on the PS3. Well worth €8

And noticed Jak and Daxter trilogy is now free for Vita if you got it for the PS3.

I love my Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

mise wrote: »
    Picked up Rayman, having somehow missed it on the PS1, and loving it so far.

Also, got Hotline Miami, plays really well on the Vita, and not bad on the PS3. Well worth €8

And noticed Jak and Daxter trilogy is now free for Vita if you got it for the PS3.

I love my Vita

How is Jak & Daxter free for Vita? I have the disc based version of the HD games. Is it free if you bought the digital version on the PSN Store?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How is Jak & Daxter free for Vita? I have the disc based version of the HD games. Is it free if you bought the digital version on the PSN Store?

I would say so, x-buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Yeah, I've got the PSN version for PS3. Forgot there was a retail version

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

When I first saw that the PS Vita was launching I was really interested in getting it but thought €250 was a bit much.

I had the original PSP for a few years and got the Slim & Lite when it came out, but have been PSP-less for the last 2 or 3 years now and haven't really missed it to be honest. But being able to play PS1 games on the Xperia Play was good.

Anyway, my (third) PS3 has just broken and Sony want €120 for a replacement, which I don't really want to pay considering the PS4 is only a few months away, and though I had no intention of buying it, I probably will now.

Anyway, would you recommend buying the PS Vita. Basically all I play is FIFA most of the time. It was quite poor on the PSP, but is it much better on the Vita? Also, are there any decent free games on it? Minis were all around 99c when I last checked, are there any free ones?

Overall, is it worth the 200 odd quid for one? And where are they cheapest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PhantomPain

Otacon wrote: »
    Don't forget Peace Walker. Too often overlooked.

I've got it on the PS3 with the HD collection. It's pretty good.

Was the Netflix app for the Vita ever available on the EU Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nope, but if you set up your account as US, you can download it and use it on your EU account.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Nope, but if you set up your account as US, you can download it and use it on your EU account.

I thought Sony fixed that region work around. Do they not make you format the Vita as well as the memory card when you change region?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

This might help...

http://mentalgamers.com/12596/how-to-us-netflix-on-a-uk-vita/

Bought a PSVita yesterday. Got it forr 200euro in xtra vision with COD BOPSD. Quite impressed with it so far.

Bought a PSVita yesterday. Got it forr 200euro in xtra vision with COD BOPSD. Quite impressed with it so far.

Invest in a big memory card and PS+ if you don't already have it.

Otacon wrote: »
    Invest in a big memory card and PS+ if you don't already have it.

yeah, I probably will have to get a bigger memory card. I got COD free which was about 2.2GB and downloaded a few apps and a PSP game and my card is almost full already lol.

How much is PS+ anyway? What do you get, I've never really looked at it before.

Normally €50, but you can get them for €40 - see this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85356400&postcount=2951

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

yeah, I probably will have to get a bigger memory card. I got COD free which was about 2.2GB and downloaded a few apps and a PSP game and my card is almost full already lol.

Sony are doing a deal at the moment that's gets you an 8gb card and 10 games for €40. Pretty good bargain I think. Think it's posted a few pages back on this thread

• Advertisement

What do you get, I've never really looked at it before.

As long as you stay subscribed, you get free games every month, regular discounts on purchases and the ability to save your save data to a cloud storage account 1GB in size).

If you get it now, you can get Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins and Sine Mora for free.

It's even more of a bargain if you have a PS3 (or are planning on getting a PS4) as it is just one sub used for all three platforms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll definitely be getting it soon.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Sony are doing a deal at the moment that's gets you an 8gb card and 10 games for €40. Pretty good bargain I think. Think it's posted a few pages back on this thread

you know what shops this is in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Anyone else able to download the Ninja Gaiden game for free on PS Plus. It's meant to be 100% discount but there's nothing off it for me. Bit of a pisser tbh.

Anyone else able to download the Ninja Gaiden game for free on PS Plus. It's meant to be 100% discount but there's nothing off it for me. Bit of a pisser tbh.

I "purchased" it earlier.

Get it here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/ninja-gaiden-sigma-plus/cid=EP4108-PCSB00097_00-NGSP000000000000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

F1ngers wrote: »

Got it sorted it in the end. Just needed to restart my vita. Tbh I'd already bought Unit 13 and Rayman Origins so I was due a decent game to add to the collection after that pile of sh1te that was Coconut Dodge (or whatever it was called) last month. Downloaded Hotline Miami last night - quality playing in that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got hotline miami :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

you know what shops this is in?
    oblivious, if you're still wondering, as far as I can tell this pack - I'm in the market myself - was launched two weeks ago but isn't being released until tomorrow. Amazon and Zavvi both list it for then. If you want a physical shop, Smyths and Argos may have it. When I asked in Gamestop, they hadn't even heard of it which I thought was pretty weak but not surprising.

Irrelevant if you already HAVE a vita but the console and pack are also bundled together. GAME have it for c200 euro, which I think is a bit of a bargain:
    http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-vita-wifi-only-with-8gb-memory-card-and-kids-mega-game-pack-233789?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=151637

• Advertisement

Is corpse party worth buying?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement