Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Other than LBP and wipeout does anyone know what the other games are like?

PS Vita Mega Pack – 10 games and an 8GB Memory Card for €39.99

There’s a whole world of gaming to experience on PS Vita, so where do you start? Well, we have good news for you – we’re releasing the Mega Pack – 10 great games packaged on an 8GB memory card.

Available on 21st June, priced at €39.99 (RRP) it’s a great value way to download and enjoy a selection of 10 games straight away – and better yet, pick up an 8GB memory card for you to store them all on.

Get your game collection off to a flying start with top-rated titles including WipEout 2048, LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita, MotorStorm RC and loads more besides. All you need to do is get your PS Vita online, sign in to Sony Entertainment Network and head to PlayStation Store where you can begin downloading your 10 games.

The following titles are included:

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
    WipeOut 2048
    MotorStorm RC
    Little Deviants
    Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)
    Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)
    Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
    Lemmings
    Hungry Giraffe
    The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Turtle Beach Vita ear buds down from €46.99 to €12.99 in Argos, in stock or can be ordered everywhere. http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9104990

Note, I have no idea if these are good value but at a near 75% price drop they maybe worth a shot.

Good lad!....bought these this morning in Argos, last one in the store. For 13 squid they are lush!, been wearing them for several hours listening to music on Grooveshark and they are very comfortable!

Dont hurt the ears at all, and the over-the-ear design is grand, holds the buds more firmly in place and if you snag the cord they dont go flying. The cord is not rubber!....its like fabric, much stronger. The mic is in the perfect position for either a mobile phone or Vita, has a mute/answer call button.

Well pleased, big upgrade to the crappy mono headset you get with the PS4.....thats why i bought them, perfect for the PS4.

Sound wise, pretty good....i'd say they be considered flat/neutral....as in not bass heavy or high on the high end...while they'll never compete with high end earbuds like Sennheiser they are grand for everyday non audiophile usage.

Certainly for games they are pefect and a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

I bought the headphones yesterday, they've good sound out of em. I also noticed there's another pair of Turtle Beach cup earphones in Argos on sale. Reduced from €39.99 to €12.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/catalogId/14551/partNumber/9089242.htm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I started soul sacrifice last night,good game once you get the hang of it,I'm just starting chapter 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm considering getting a PS Vita with the Mega Pack bundle and 8GB card. Just wondering how far an 8GB card will go. Will the card fill up quickly? I have PS+ too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm considering getting a PS Vita with the Mega Pack bundle and 8GB card. Just wondering how far an 8GB card will go. Will the card fill up quickly? I have PS+ too.

It would I'd say,try and get a 32gig if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Vita games seem to be between 1 and 3GB. Bearing in mind that you'll need some wiggle room for updates, Youtube vids to play in HD etc. you may only be able to carry a couple of games at a time with an 8GB. I have a 16GB and its grand, have 2 PSP games, 3 Vita games and several smaller PSN games on there with a couple of GBs to spare.

I guess I'll be joining you all a lot more in this Vita thread now. Mine should be arriving during the week. I have a lot of PS+ games to catch up on. First one will be WipeOut. Love that franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is it easy to put vids on a PS Vita?
    I have a few MP4's on my laptop that i'd like to put on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is it easy to put vids on a PS Vita?
    I have a few MP4's on my laptop that i'd like to put on the Vita.

All handled through Content Manager. Dead easy to do. Works over WiFi once you do an initial set-up.

If you need a converter for any files, I suggest Freemake Video Converter. Freeware and excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Also second getting a 32gig. I know they are expensive, but just the amount of content I have on mine is staggering. Games are now across two screens and in two folders.
    cha
    Wish I had known about being able to redownload my PS1 purchases I had made on the PS3 a few years ago - stumbled across these by chance but now loving playing Soul Reaver again - has really upped my view of the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

just a heads up to all my vita buddys argos doin that 8gb memory card with ten games that was unveiled http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1223879/Trail/searchtext%3EVITA.htm

none in stock at the mo its a recent addition to the site, not even sure when its out?

have ps+ but mite pick it up meself

padz wrote: »
    just a heads up to all my vita buddys argos doin that 8gb memory card with ten games that was unveiled http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1223879/Trail/searchtext%3EVITA.htm

none in stock at the mo its a recent addition to the site, not even sure when its out?

have ps+ but mite pick it up meself

I'd wait for the Vita console mega pack myself:

8977985258_cbcd6f9691.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/ps-vita-mega-pack-10-games-and-an-8gb-memory-card-for-39-99/

I got that PS Vita plus Mega Pack from the French Amazon site. The only problem is that the code for the 10 games does not work. Maybe it is only valid in the French PSN Store.

I'm very surprised at the speed of downloads on the Vita. Far, far quicker than on my PS3.

I was happy to see that Wipeout HD and Wipeout Fury were free to download on Vita as I already own the PS3 versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Very tempted to get a Vita...serious machine and I already have a ps3. Get PS+ and would be flying it with a load of games.!! Looking forward to seeing how its going to be integrated into the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Mudlan wrote: »
    Very tempted to get a Vita...serious machine and I already have a ps3. Get PS+ and would be flying it with a load of games.!! Looking forward to seeing how its going to be integrated into the PS4

Just picked this up brand new in xtravision,considering black ops is €50 alone the whole package was a bargain at €199

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/ps-vita-wifi-cod-bundle-no-layout-updates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Evilbart wrote: »
    Just picked this up brand new in xtravision,considering black ops is €50 alone the whole package was a bargain at €199

Thanks!! :D now i just need to scrape a bit of money together!!!

the mega pack is even cheaper here http://www.toys.ie/PS-Vita-Mega-Pack-!130912-prd.aspx

Only played an hour of it so far on the Vita, but Hotline Miami is fantastic so far. I already have it for the PC but the port is superb IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Yeah i got Hotline Miami last night and i really like it! Never played it before so it's first time enjoyment for me! Its very violent and fast paced, reminds me of GTA I&II! Also pretty tough in places!

• Advertisement

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yeah i got Hotline Miami last night and i really like it! Never played it before so it's first time enjoyment for me! Its very violent and fast paced, reminds me of GTA I&II! Also pretty tough in places!

Remember if you tap on an enemy, it locks on to him. Handy for the later levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Evilbart wrote: »

Given the review scores of Black Ops

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

and the fact it's a code with no resell value, I think there's better deals out there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Given the review scores of Black Ops

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

and the fact it's a code with no resell value, I think there's better deals out there tbh.

I don't go by reviews and am actually really enjoying black ops multiplayer so for me it was the best deal out there by far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Are those the real graphics on the Vita ? I was watching it at 1080p and it looked very impressive to be a handheld.

Also are many of those games free on the PS Store or are they expensive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

aindriu80 wrote: »

Are those the real graphics on the Vita ? I was watching it at 1080p and it looked very impressive to be a handheld.

Also are many of those games free on the PS Store or are they expensive ?

Don't feel like clicking the video again but I watched it the other day and I think it's mostly small developer stuff? Check out need for speed most wanted or wipeout or uncharted on vita to really see what it can do.

Obviously indie stuff is fun but from a graphics point of view the big developers really push the hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PhantomPain

It's nice having being able to play MGS 1-3 if I am on a bus ride or long journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Don't feel like clicking the video again but I watched it the other day and I think it's mostly small developer stuff? Check out need for speed most wanted or wipeout or uncharted on vita to really see what it can do.

Obviously indie stuff is fun but from a graphics point of view the big developers really push the hardware.

well the video looks pretty good. I might pick up a vita if the games aren't too expensive. I played Thomas was alone on the Ps3 lately and it was good gameplay. Just going to check out uncharted on vita again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Gamestop have a good offer at the moment.
    PS Vita wifi, Soul Sacrifice, 8gb memory card and 90 day PS plus subscription for €230
    I had a vita before and sold it, looking to buy again, very tempted by this offer :)

It's nice having being able to play MGS 1-3 if I am on a bus ride or long journey.

Don't forget Peace Walker. Too often overlooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    Don't forget Peace Walker. Too often overlooked.

But it's overlooked because it's not with the HD bundle. Still disappointed with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement