Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Now come on, when are we going to get Phantasy Star Online 2 in the west already?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Anyone else bitterly disappointed by the lack of official price drop for Europe? I was hoping E3 would bring it... Still, I guess it just allows my collection through PS+ to grow ever larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Anyone else bitterly disappointed by the lack of official price drop for Europe? I was hoping E3 would bring it... Still, I guess it just allows my collection through PS+ to grow ever larger.

Why would they lower the price when they know that demand for Vita will skyrocket when PS4 is released. I know I'll be getting both.

There MAYBE a bundle, you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Most places have already unofficially price dropped it anyway.I wouldn't be surprised to see a bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RangeR wrote: »
    Why would they lower the price when they know that demand for Vita will skyrocket when PS4 is released. I know I'll be getting both.

There MAYBE a bundle, you never know.

Japan and I think the US already got an official price drop but Sony want to shaft the EU for some reason. They need to do something with the price of the Vita memory cards at the very least. £82 for a 32gb card.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm more let down at the lack of new titles announced aside from tearaway there isn't a lot of exciting games when compared to the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm really trying to enjoy Virtue's Last Reward. The game is good but I cannot hack the pages and pages of obvious, predictable, mundane text.

Might just download Rayman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

85 games coming on Vita this year was a nice E3 announcement no? Dragons Crown, Destiny of Spirits, Killzone, Tearaway and Walking Dead are all enough to get excited about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love the music,typical rpg style music :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

penev10 wrote: »
    85 games coming on Vita this year was a nice E3 announcement no? Dragons Crown, Destiny of Spirits, Killzone, Tearaway and Walking Dead are all enough to get excited about.

They also said it was the ultimate companion to the ps4 but showed nothing of that. I was hoping to see it in action as 'the ultimate companion'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    They also said it was the ultimate companion to the ps4 but showed nothing of that. I was hoping to see it in action as 'the ultimate companion'

Yeah, I'm wary of the remote play feature being put on the long-finger by Sony. They said it was built in at the architectural foundation level (or something like that) of the PS4 so here's hoping it works out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

penev10 wrote: »
    Well then...where's our Dragon's Crown EU release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Walking Dead bundle coming in August and the ever growing collection of games with PS+ is making the Vita a must buy for me. Like the idea of them integrating it with the PS4.

Damn you Sony and your stupidly good marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Miyamoto playing Tearaway on Vita

http://instagram.com/p/agcKQuOf_f/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just got a new Vita yesterday. I've got Soul Sacrifice, Ridge Racer, Uncharted, Dungeon Hunters, Wipeout, Sonic and Sega All Stars racing, Gravity Rush, and Fifa & 1 year PS Plus (I'm an Xbox gamer considering making the switch).

It's a pretty expensive affair. 8GB memory card is full already. Screen quality isn't great after using an iPhone 5 for so long, pixels are very noticeable. Battery life isn't great either I find so far, but need to give it a few more days..

Edit: Today after a proper charge the battery seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

funkyflea wrote: »
    Just got a new Vita yesterday. I've got Soul Sacrifice, Ridge Racer, Uncharted, Dungeon Hunters, Wipeout, Sonic and Sega All Stars racing, Gravity Rush, and Fifa & 1 year PS Plus (I'm an Xbox gamer considering making the switch).

It's a pretty expensive affair. 8GB memory card is full already. Screen quality isn't great after using an iPhone 5 for so long, pixels are very noticeable. Battery life isn't great either I find so far, but need to give it a few more days..

Edit: Today after a proper charge the battery seems good.

Vita uses an OLED screen and it's beautiful IMO.

The vita is beautiful. Games like uncharted and stuff do show it off well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

GameStop are doing a fantastic new deal on the PS Vita...

"PS Vita Wi-Fi with game, memory card & PSN subs

Buy a PS Vita with Soul Sacrifice, an 8GB memory card & a 90 day subscription to Playstation+ for only €229.97".

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

FLOODY777 wrote: »
    GameStop are doing a fantastic new deal on the PS Vita...

"PS Vita Wi-Fi with game, memory card & PSN subs

Buy a PS Vita with Soul Sacrifice, an 8GB memory card & a 90 day subscription to Playstation+ for only €229.97".

:)

Wow, that is good. I thought Amazon was good with just a Vita WiFi for €210 including free delivery.

• Advertisement

Wow, that is good. I thought Amazon was good with just a Vita WiFi for €210 including free delivery.

Shop round on adverts a bit, get one for peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Turtle Beach Vita ear buds down from €46.99 to €12.99 in Argos, in stock or can be ordered everywhere. http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9104990

Note, I have no idea if these are good value but at a near 75% price drop they maybe worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So Unit 13 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for the Vita on PS Plus this July. Between Unit 13 and Rayman, that's 2 months in a row where games I've bought have been on PS Plus. It'd put you off buying games…

There is also this 'mega pack' coming out soon with 8gb card and 10 games for €40.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
    WipeOut 2048
    MotorStorm RC
    Little Deviants
    Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)
    Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)
    Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
    Lemmings
    Hungry Giraffe
    The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/415311/vita-mega-pack-offers-10-games-and-a-memory-card-for-euro40/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What's the normal price for an 8GB in B&M shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Varik wrote: »
    What's the normal price for an 8GB in B&M shops.

€30 to €35 depending on the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So the Vita version of The Jak & Daxter Trilogy is out (on 21st for UK & Ireland) and is cross buy, if you get the PS3 version you get the Vita version.

It's retroactive so if you got it before the Vita version came out you still get it but it's only for those who bought off PSN
    , there might be a code in the retail Vita version I don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lovely game bundle coming, 10 games on a 8gb card http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/ps-vita-mega-pack-10-games-and-an-8gb-memory-card-for-39-99/

the card alone would cost 40 quid

Other than LBP and wipeout does anyone know what the other games are like?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Turtle Beach Vita ear buds down from €46.99 to €12.99 in Argos, in stock or can be ordered everywhere. http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9104990

Note, I have no idea if these are good value but at a near 75% price drop they maybe worth a shot.

A steal!.....reserved, worth it just for the PS4 as it has a built in mic....good bargin! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement