Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The two God of War games, Patapon 2 and LocoRoco 2 are essential and at less than €16 for all four, probably the best value you'll get from any handheld games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just playing through a bit of Rayman, I've only played this on the Wii.. but holy crap it looks even more beautiful on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

mise wrote: »
    Just playing through a bit of Rayman, I've only played this on the Wii.. but holy crap it looks even more beautiful on the Vita.

First game I picked up when I got my Vita. Stunning game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Any heavy users of skype... check out the latest update for it on Vita. Seems pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I've just bought a Vita, pretty much an impulse buy. Wondering if I can ask a few basic questions, apologies if they'v been covered previously, a quick search didn't help.

- Any particularly good/cheap place to buy a memory card? Or should I just go with the likes of Amazon?
    - Is ps+ worth it? Can someone give me some examples of what you get? I've read the description from Wikipedia as well as Sony's own marketing blurb but I still don't fully understand it. I've seen a good few posters on here say it's good but still unsure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

abelard wrote: »
    - Any particularly good/cheap place to buy a memory card? Or should I just go with the likes of Amazon?

CEX in Dublin are good and you sometimes find good deals in brick and mortar stores. But I personally prefer to shop online.
    - Is ps+ worth it? Can someone give me some examples of what you get? I've read the description from Wikipedia as well as Sony's own marketing blurb but I still don't fully understand it. I've seen a good few posters on here say it's good but still unsure.

Absolutely. You pay £40/€50 a year (sometimes less as there are regular sales and discounts that stack up). For that, you get discounts of 10-30% off most games. You also get a 1GB cloud storage allocation that you can use for your game saves to keep them safe and the ability to schedule updates so it will automatically download game patches and system updates for you.

However, the big seller is the Instant Game Collection. You get two full games every month and you can play them as much as you like, so long as you keep subscribing to the service. If you join today, you get Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins and Coconut Dodge Revitalised. The longer you stay with the servie the better as the game library builds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK don't laugh but was browsing through my download history on the vita last night and was thrilled to see a load of PS1 games I bought as far back as 2007 as being available.

So dumped most down
    Soul Reaver
    Final Fantasy 7 & 9(?)
    Crash Bandicoot
    Medievil
    and more - just thrilled, more than doubled the games I have for the vita from just some lazy browsing...

In terms of cards
    I got the 32Gig one from Amazon UK - did not see it cheaper elsewhere and any store I tried in Dublin only stocked the 16Gig one.
    From reading here it appears 16Gig is fine, just requires more management of copying the games, whereas with the 32 Gig I have currently somewhere between 15 to 20 games installed.

To your PS+ question.
    Most definitely - I know if you look at the history it will look like you missed out on some games but if you get it now and even without a vita add the free ones to your cart you will very shortly build quite a collection.
    Added to the free games the extra discounts are always welcome. Of all offerings I have seen in a while the PS+ is one that could easily pay for a vita if you just count up the amount of free games, both for PS3 and vita...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Chris Ryan

Is anyone else having a problem with Rayman Origins? I can't seem to get past the title screen. I tap the screen, and yet it crashes and boots me back to the UI.

I'm having this exact problem, re-downloaded it yet I'm still getting an error code

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I've just bought a Vita, pretty much an impulse buy. Wondering if I can ask a few basic questions, apologies if they'v been covered previously, a quick search didn't help.

abelard, I've just received a 30 day free PS+ trial. Would you like it?

Is anyone else having a problem with Rayman Origins? I can't seem to get past the title screen. I tap the screen, and yet it crashes and boots me back to the UI.

Just updated my system software and it works now. Yay!

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    abelard, I've just received a 30 day free PS+ trial. Would you like it?

Wow, that would be amazing, thanks so much for the offer. I haven't even set up my PSN account yet but would definitely love to take you up on that. How does it work, do you have a code or something like that or do I set up my PSN account first and let you know the ID? Thanks so much again.

If you got Limbo from PS+ awhile back you can download it to your Vita free of charge, was a nice surprise for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Wow, that would be amazing, thanks so much for the offer. I haven't even set up my PSN account yet but would definitely love to take you up on that. How does it work, do you have a code or something like that or do I set up my PSN account first and let you know the ID? Thanks so much again.

No problem. PM sent. Let me know if that works out for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

RangeR wrote: »
    No problem. PM sent. Let me know if that works out for ye.

Nice gift and he has to get Rayman straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just picked up Resistance: Retribution, Patapon 2 and ModNation Racers in the PSP sale in PS Store. Not bad for under a tenner. I might pick up Rachet and Clank next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Nice gift and he has to get Rayman straight away

Absolutely - really nice gesture RangerR - fair dues to you.
    +1 on Rayman - loving it...
    If Uncharted is there still get that too - just an amazing game, time flew by for me on it.
    Gravity Rush comes a close 2nd for me too - interesting gameplay, not sure on the replay value but still interesting.

Taltos wrote: »
    Absolutely - really nice gesture RangerR - fair dues to you.
    +1 on Rayman - loving it...
    If Uncharted is there still get that too - just an amazing game, time flew by for me on it.
    Gravity Rush comes a close 2nd for me too - interesting gameplay, not sure on the replay value but still interesting.

How do people get the 30 day trial codes anyway? If I get one at some stage to give away I'll be sure to pay it forward on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

How do people get the 30 day trial codes anyway? If I get one at some stage to give away I'll be sure to pay it forward on this thread.

Anyone who buys Official Playstation Magazine (dwindling numbers I'm sure) there is a 30 day free PS+ trial in the upcoming issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Picked up Mod Nation, Wipeout 2048 (both un opened) and Call of Duly Black Ops (it was part of a bundle deal) for 30 dollars, roughly 23 euro for all 3 off a guy yesterday.
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a lil bit smug about my purchases.:D
    Downloaded Unit13, given that I'm a complete novice to gaming, I think it's not a bad 1st person shooter game to begin with.

Panthro wrote: »
    Picked up Mod Nation, Wipeout 2048 (both un opened) and Call of Duly Black Ops (it was part of a bundle deal) for 30 dollars, roughly 23 euro for all 3 off a guy yesterday.
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a lil bit smug about my purchases.:D
    Downloaded Unit13, given that I'm a complete novice to gaming, I think it's not a bad 1st person shooter game to begin with.

I bought Unit 13 a while ago and I've really enjoyed it. The rumour is that it's the free game on PS Plus next month. Considering I bought that Rayman Origins I'm feeling a little sore at the moment. It'd nearly put you off buying games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just finished Gravity Rush, finally. Still the best Vita game available, if ya ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Huge vita announcement coming at 4.50

ShaneU wrote: »
    Huge vita announcement coming at 4.50

What are the odds that it will be a price cut?

I would say "if it isn't, I will eat my hat", but I still cannot get the taste of my last hat out of my mouth.

Also, Sony schedule a huge Vita announcement less than an hour before the Microsoft presser? Some cojones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Destiny of Spirits. Free to play title

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

destinyofspiritsvita1-555x289.png

Not much known about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

destinyofspiritsvita1-555x289.png

Not much known about it.

Judging by that image it has a TCG element :D which means heavy monetization :(

Poxnora was a good example of how TCG can be done without ripping off anybody and still keeping the game balanced so fingers crossed Sony have learned from that.

When would it be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The F2P game is the big announcement?

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Destiny of Spirits. Free to play title

Glad I do not own any more hats!

I R DISAPPOINT

This discussion has been closed.