Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm just playing around with remote play and am wondering is it possible to use it if I'm in another country? What I mean is can you turn the ps3 on remotely and go from there?

Yes, I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Sine Mora is live and free on PS+ right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sine Mora is live and free on PS+ right now.

Any idea what Sine Mora is like ?

What does it play like on the vita ? Super Stardust delta ?

Worth a download ?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Worth a download ?

Its fantastic, liquid smooth so far. Very impressed. Not very familiar with Super Stardust delta tbh. Sine Mora suits the widescreen aspect ratio and vita control system perfectly. Great release this month from Sony.

Worth a download ?

I had the sine mora demo and its awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

got soul sacrifice for my birthday few days ago and i am enjoying it very much so far.

at its core its like monster hunter but its unique as well in a sense with the different types of magic you can equip your sorcerer with.

im about 8-9 hours in and the single player is interesting enough to keep you intrigued as too whats whats going on in the world of soul sacrifice.

Where the game shines in my opinion is the online co-op and that s now where i am spending most of my time on.

if you press down on the d-pad you can see the enemy glow either green,yellow or red which indicates how much health they have left and if you take alot of damage you can sacrifice a body part and do a forbidden spell which will do a lot of damage to the enemy or if your partner is on the brink of dying you could either save him or sacrifice him and do a hell of alot of damage to the boss aswell.

the enemy design is fantastic and each main boss is detailed down to the t.

Is quite the same as to what i felt about the soul series and you just get wrapped in this world.

presentation , music ,visuals and story are top notch.

but i have a few complaints aswell.

I don't like how maps are structured small and would of preferred a much bigger world to explore that what has been giving.

I also don't like when online if you kill an enemy other players can steal your sacrifices if you are not quick enough to get to your fallen victim.

overall so far its a solid 8.5/10

for a new ip i think its a great start to hat can be come a solid ip but what scares me is its on a system on life support and i hope sony market the hell out of the game that i wish nothing but the best for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

In Australia at the mo and was going to pick up little big planet on vita . Was wondering about the pass code , so asked behind the counter. He said the game would work but not the code but also said the vita is region locked, which it isn't right, can anyone clear this up for me , thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vita isn't region locked. The code however is probably tied to the Australian PSN.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm just playing around with remote play and am wondering is it possible to use it if I'm in another country? What I mean is can you turn the ps3 on remotely and go from there?

Can you remote play actual ps3 games on the VITA ? I need to find 1 saving grace for this console.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Can you remote play actual ps3 games on the VITA ? I need to find 1 saving grace for this console.

Some games are compatible, like the GOW Collection, Ico, SOTC, Tokyo Jungle, Retro/Grade and LEGO Batman.

Sony has mentioned the remote play will be tied much more closely into the PS4, implying that most, if not all, games will be compatible with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Otacon wrote: »
    Some games are compatible, like the GOW Collection, Ico, SOTC, Tokyo Jungle, Retro/Grade and LEGO Batman.

Sony has mentioned the remote play will be tied much more closely into the PS4, implying that most, if not all, games will be compatible with it.

Wow - didn't know of all that list - need to get my connection working then...
    Cheers for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Taltos wrote: »
    Wow - didn't know of all that list - need to get my connection working then...
    Cheers for this.

Not sure how accurate this list is but I do know GOW Collection works.

Link

Otacon wrote: »
    Not sure how accurate this list is but I do know GOW Collection works.

Link

PS1 discs also work over remote play.

Played a few hours of the original Loaded on vita and it was most excellent (the vita store only shows reloaded). I just bought a playstation 1 disc and it worked great.

I wish you could also watch DVDs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I never use this smilie but i will now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I never use this smilie but i will now:rolleyes:

Dre, Let me elaborate on Tipsy'd smiley. Remote Play was even supported on the older PSP. And WTF do you mean ONE SAVING GRACE? The PS3 is a phenomenon in home entertainment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I assume he's referring to the vita :p Cos the PS3 is amazing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

They are both amazing.

If the PS3 had the Xbox 360 controller I would be in heaven.

Sony has bumped up Killzone: Mercenary's launch date. This means that Mercenary is coming out on September 4th in Europe (6th in the UK), with North America getting it on September 10th. Makes sense not to release it the same day as GTA 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407010/killzone-mercenary-release-moved-following-gta-clash/

Killzone Mercenary's been moved forward to avoid clashing with GTA V. It's now out the 6th September.

Edit: Damn you Tipsy!!!!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hey up folks,
    Probable stupid question but sure I'll ask anyways.
    Is there a good website for a Top 10 games for the Vita?
    I've recently bought one, have Fifa, it's good and all but I'd like a bit of variety!
    I've been thinking of picking up Unit13, Silent Hill, Assassins Creed. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Panthro wrote: »
    Hey up folks,
    I've recently bought one, have Fifa, it's good and all but I'd like a bit of variety!
    I've been thinking of picking up Unit13, Silent Hill, Assassins Creed. Any suggestions?

Get PS Plus.

Unit 13 is very good, Assassin's Creed is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Stardust delta is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Panthro wrote: »
    Hey up folks,

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/vita?view=condensed&sort=desc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been playing velocity ultra thanks to PSN +

Very happy with it considering I did not pay for it like it looks fantastic on the vita and I can say the same for Tomas was online the vita really has been the home for indie games lately as they really make use of everything the vita has

I just wish there was more big hitters for it as I don't think outer then souls there hasn't been a big game for it this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Been playing velocity ultra thanks to PSN +

Very happy with it considering I did not pay for it like it looks fantastic on the vita and I can say the same for Tomas was online the vita really has been the home for indie games lately as they really make use of everything the vita has

I just wish there was more big hitters for it as I don't think outer then souls there hasn't been a big game for it this year ?

*cough* Persona 4 *cough*

:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RangeR wrote: »
    Dre, Let me elaborate on Tipsy'd smiley. Remote Play was even supported on the older PSP. And WTF do you mean ONE SAVING GRACE? The PS3 is a phenomenon in home entertainment...

I like the PS3,no problems there. Its the Vita has been an utter disappointment to me. The only game that i play on it is fifa, and EA screwed me over with Fifa 13 by re-hashing Fifa 12. I was hoping for more sport games but they are not being released for the Vita. Games are even getting released on consoles and phones but are skipping the Vita.
    I had hope for Arkham Origins but that is a platformer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I like the PS3,no problems there. Its the Vita has been an utter disappointment to me. The only game that i play on it is fifa, and EA screwed me over with Fifa 13 by re-hashing Fifa 12. I was hoping for more sport games but they are not being released for the Vita. Games are even getting released on consoles and phones but are skipping the Vita.
    I had hope for Arkham Origins but that is a platformer :rolleyes:

Not being rude, but it sounds to me its your hopes that are making the Vita an "Utter disappointment" to you.

Arkham origins for Vita?! I never thought there was a chance for that. Maybe you could remote play it via the PS4 when its out but i dont think anyone expected that to be ported.

FIFA is re-skinned every year.

Plenty of awesome games for the Vita.

Gucamelee and Sly cooper are great Platformers for the Vita that i've played, Ratchet and Clank: Q force is out today and Jak and Dakter is following soon enough too.

Seems you bought a Vita while just expecting it to have all the games you want to play on it, at best quality.

Get PS+ and experience the games Vita was bulit for.

Oh and everyone remember In June We're getting ICO/ SOTC Collection for PS3 but these games can be remote played on your Vita!!!!

• Advertisement

Klair88 wrote: »
    Not being rude, but it sounds to me its your hopes that are making the Vita an "Utter disappointment" to you.

Arkham origins for Vita?! I never thought there was a chance for that. Maybe you could remote play it via the PS4 when its out but i dont think anyone expected that to be ported.

FIFA is re-skinned every year.

Plenty of awesome games for the Vita.

Gucamelee and Sly cooper are great Platformers for the Vita that i've played, Ratchet and Clank: Q force is out today and Jak and Dakter is following soon enough too.

Seems you bought a Vita while just expecting it to have all the games you want to play on it, at best quality.

Get PS+ and experience the games Vita was bulit for.

Oh and everyone remember In June We're getting ICO/ SOTC Collection for PS3 but these games can be remote played on your Vita!!!!

What you call my "hopes for the Vita" i would class as a "given for the Vita"

Not into platformers. Not into Sly cooper or Rachet and Clank. If i was, i would love the Vita but just not into them. If i were into them, i would just by a DS.

Also Fifa the game itself yes has been re-skinned but the brain work behind the game has changed alot in gameplay and league / manager options. Vita however it has not, it was simply an expensive update. I suppose i should be happy there is a Fifa game at all considering they have not made NBA (on iphone) NHL (on Iphone) Madden (on Iphone)

What you call my "hopes for the Vita" i would class as a "given for the Vita" Its a given that these games are on other consoles yet another year has passed and the word is they are not coming out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement