Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

caspa307 wrote: »
    i cant get resi 2 to move from my ps3 or cant find it on the store

Not sure if this is relevant but maybe now is a bad time for you to be trying to make transfers using the PSN store as its in maintenance till 1am tomorrow morning. Possible you can't transfer if its checking account details to a server which is currently offline. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Not sure if this is relevant but maybe now is a bad time for you to be trying to make transfers using the PSN store as its in maintenance till 1am tomorrow morning. Possible you can't transfer if its checking account details to a server which is currently offline. Just a thought.

no i tried weeks ago lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Thanks for the replies.

One more thing. Those PS1 classics that I mentioned I have, they are spread across a couple of different PSN accounts. Does this matter? Will I be able to put them all onto the one Vita memory stick and play them without any problems?

Blatter wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

One more thing. Those PS1 classics that I mentioned I have, they are spread across a couple of different PSN accounts. Does this matter? Will I be able to put them all onto the one Vita memory stick and play them without any problems?

...............nope

...............nope

Sorry, is that directed towards this question
    Does this matter?

Or this one
    Will I be able to put them all onto the one Vita memory stick and play them without any problems?

Your answer isn't very clear :pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry, is that directed towards this question

Or this one

Your answer isn't very clear :pac:

sorry no you wont be able to your vita will be linked with 1 account, now you can change it around but tbh its a lot of hassle AFAIK it involves restoring your vita to factory settings every time you wanna play a game from a different account

sorry no you wont be able to your vita will be linked with 1 account, now you can change it around but tbh its a lot of hassle AFAIK it involves restoring your vita to factory settings every time you wanna play a game from a different account

I'm not really interested in not being able to use different accounts per se, just using the games from different accounts on the one account.

On the PS3 for example I can purchase a game on one PSN account, yet it will be stored to the system and I can play it while logged into another PSN account.

The Vita definitely doesn't work like that? A pity if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm not really interested in not being able to use different accounts per se, just using the games from different accounts on the one account.

On the PS3 for example I can purchase a game on one PSN account, yet it will be stored to the system and I can play it while logged into another PSN account.

The Vita definitely doesn't work like that? A pity if so.

No, sorry :(

its definitely a 1 account machine as opposed to the ps3's multi account ability

was checking the psn store last night and came across the little deviants unlock code listed as "free". Bought it and all, anyone else see this?

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Vita firmware update that went live in the morning. Check out the updated Youtube app. Really really nice. Craps from a height on the ios version. This little thing just keep getting better and better.

Little edit: While its only on PS+ and its ben said on the PS+ thread Super Stardust Portable, PSP version, is available for free on PSN now.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

Sołd my ps vita. Biggest waste of money I ever spent !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Were you playing the games we're playing? Cos I love my vita :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've been trying to update to 2.01 all day. I get to 98% or so and then it fails. Every time. I'm doing it via wifi, so may try doing it via ps3 tonight

Mark26 wrote: »
    Sołd my ps vita. Biggest waste of money I ever spent !!

Everyone is different. Personal preference but I bought 2 PSP's. the 1st one, the 1000, the day of launch and the 3000 must later in its cycle. Played neither very much. The Vita is different. For me it has almost everything the PSP lacked technically, in terms of services and its still very early in its dev cycle. Patience grasshopper, things are improving especially with PS+.

I can name at least 5 games I have for my vita I love right now. Hell, I'd sell my 3DS and just go vita if it didn't have pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just finished Gravity Rush there courtesy of Playstation Plus. Does anyone else think that Sony Japan Studios could make an awesome Superman game with the gravity controls Kat uses? With a bit of tweaking, it would be awesome to have that type of control over Superman.

Since I only have a 4GB card and I've absolutely no space left, if I were to delete GR from the Vita, could I download it again at a future date when I get a larger memory card? There are a few things I want to finish but I've no space for Chronovolt and I want to get that now. Also, do I need to have GR installed on the Vita in order to download the DLC? i don't have my PS3 at the moment so I can't transfer data over to that.

On a side note, when I finished GR and tried to enter the trophy section to update my achievements, I was asked to download software update 2.1. I only updated the Vita recently so is this a new update just released and what did it add? I know the last one added email amongst other things but I can't seem to see what 2.1 gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

shuffles03 wrote: »
    On a side note, when I finished GR and tried to enter the trophy section to update my achievements, I was asked to download software update 2.1. I only updated the Vita recently so is this a new update just released and what did it add? I know the last one added email amongst other things but I can't seem to see what 2.1 gave me.

It fixed cloud storage and I think youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cool, so if I delete GR from my Vita right now, my save will be stored in the cloud? Do I need to do anything to activate my cloud space or is it already working? When my 30 day PS Plus sub runs out in 2 weeks, will my game saves from the PS Plus downloaded games be stored until the next time I subscribe? (I may not be able to subscribe again until the new year) or will they be deleted once my 30 days are up (if I delete the game from my Vita that is)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Cool, so if I delete GR from my Vita right now, my save will be stored in the cloud? Do I need to do anything to activate my cloud space or is it already working?

Go to Content Manager. Select Cloud Storage there and upload all your saves first.
    When my 30 day PS Plus sub runs out in 2 weeks, will my game saves from the PS Plus downloaded games be stored until the next time I subscribe? (I may not be able to subscribe again until the new year) or will they be deleted once my 30 days are up (if I delete the game from my Vita that is)?

No guarantee unfortunately.

Cool, so if I delete GR from my Vita right now, my save will be stored in the cloud? Do I need to do anything to activate my cloud space or is it already working? When my 30 day PS Plus sub runs out in 2 weeks, will my game saves from the PS Plus downloaded games be stored until the next time I subscribe? (I may not be able to subscribe again until the new year) or will they be deleted once my 30 days are up (if I delete the game from my Vita that is)?

You need to go into Content Manager, then Online Storage and then transfer the data form the Vita to the cloud. I'd imagine it's like the PS3 cloud so it will stay on it for 6 months after your subscription ends; if you renew it before then it's fine.

Also, a 3 month subscription is only €10 on the store until the 7th if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Varik

When my 30 day PS Plus sub runs out in 2 weeks, will my game saves from the PS Plus downloaded games be stored until the next time I subscribe? (I may not be able to subscribe again until the new year) or will they be deleted once my 30 days are up (if I delete the game from my Vita that is)?

They don't delete them straight away once the subscription has lapsed, they wait 6 months before they delete the saves from the cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Only got my Vita today and i love it!! Mutant blobs is a great game. Am playing gravity rush and need for speed now.

I only had a 4G memory card for the moment and had to delete gravity rush off it to put NFS on it. So do i have to download it again to copy it to the Vita? i thought it'd save to my PS3 harddrive or something so i wouldnt have to download it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Klair88 wrote: »
    Only got my Vita today and i love it!! Mutant blobs is a great game. Am playing gravity rush and need for speed now.

I only had a 4G memory card for the moment and had to delete gravity rush off it to put NFS on it. So do i have to download it again to copy it to the Vita? i thought it'd save to my PS3 harddrive or something so i wouldnt have to download it again.

Did you download it to the PS3 initially?

When you download a game for the Vita on the PS3 and then copy it to the Vita it gives the choice to delete the PS3 download afterwards.

The save file is stored with the game on the Vita as the icon you use to load the game, when you delete the game you've deleted the save.

Using the content manager you can set the Vita to back up games and save to the PS3/PC over a USB cable or you can set the Vita to copy games to a PC over your WiFi network.

You can also choose to copy just the save to the cloud with plus, using this to keep games safe and keeping game back ups on a PS3/PC.

I think you said that you'd gotten Plus( you've also listed some of the games that came with it) make sure to add the November games to you account before the change tomorrow when the store updates.

Might try to platinum black ops declassified, I could have done burning skies if my NAT type had behaved itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

cloud493 wrote: »
    Might try to platinum black ops declassified, I could have done burning skies if my NAT type had behaved itself.
    Did you not try the broadband1 thing, or do you not have Eircom?

Did you not try the broadband1 thing, or do you not have Eircom?

I think the more important question is why the hell is he playing COD? :eek:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I think the more important question is why the hell is he playing COD? :eek:

;)
    Even more important, WHY DECLASSIFIED!?

Also, why play an online game that doesn't have a server browser? Matchmaking sickens me that I don't have a choice to select my own online game or create a public one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

FYI WRC 3 is available on the PS Store today for the Vita.

However, based on the two reviews currently showing on Metacritic, it may not be worth it.

I wanted to try declassified to see if it was good :p I regret nothing. I was on eirecom at the time of trying to get online with burning skies, and it just wouldn't let me on :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Otacon wrote: »

However, based on the two reviews currently showing on Metacritic, it may not be worth it.

How much? (can't access vita right now)

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »

Where are you seeing this. Can't find it when Im' searching on the Vita (but the PSN store is going nuts tonight for some reason)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement