Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

Deal came up on gamestop again 189 vita + need for speed + memory card. Might be a couple left.

What's betting that a week from now everyone who ordered it gets an email apologising that unfortunately GameStop can't guarantee delivery before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Turns out you will need to activate the cross buy on PS Allstars on a Playstation 3 before you can download the Vita Version, I thought it would be a dlc style code in the box, stupid fcuking Sony giving me the run around. €55 down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Anyone know where you can buy a stand/dock/cradle for the VIta in Dublin. Only the genuine Sony one seems to have a lineout which I want but I can't find it in Ireland anywhere & I've read you can't adjust the volume when its docked. The Nyko speaker dock doesn't have the lineout, it has speakers naturally but its as ugly as sin. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is all stars Worth getting? I was somewhat hesitant to spend more money after declassified

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is all stars Worth getting? I was somewhat hesitant to spend more money after declassified

77 on Metacritic.

I didn't pick it up personally as I'm not a fan of that type of game, however, it seems to be reviewing well enough. Getting the Vita version free with the PS3 version is also a selling point if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'll be picking it up in the New Year after a price drop. Just too much essential stuff out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

What's betting that a week from now everyone who ordered it gets an email apologising that unfortunately GameStop can't guarantee delivery before Christmas.

I bought mine on Friday and it was delivered today, can't fault that.

Have to admit that I'm a little disappointed with the touch screen on the Vita so far. It just doesn't feel anywhere near as responsive or accurate as my iPhone4, even after installing the 2.0 firmware update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

God, sine mora is beautiful. Stunning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Vitas shining feature is dual analogues. That said, whenever touch gaming is necessary the vitas performance is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mortal Kombat will be free for PS+ subscribers on Dec 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Best thing about the Vita on a Friday morning? Loading up the free version of Gravity Rush Sony gave you, double tapping the right trigger to fly off like Superman, tapping it again to freeze mid air like Neo and then pressing triangle to drop kick the ****e out of a zelda twilight princess looking black monster with a red bullseye on it's back.

A close second was pressing circle amongst a group of passer by's and then levitating them way off into the sky before releasing them from your grip and watching them fall to their deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Best thing about the Vita on a Friday morning?
    Wanna know the best thing about mine!?!? :D

It sits in my bag while i work at my desk....at work...at my desk -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Best thing about the vita..... have to be uncharted/gravity rush/unit 13/stardust delta :pac: wish they'd put okami on this or something. That cross buy thing could work really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Got Persona 4 Golden and Virtue's Last Reward this week.

See you all in a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is gravity rush available with plus? ffs! i paid full price for that:(

On the plus side delighted i held off on Uncharted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is gravity rush available with plus? ffs! i paid full price for that:(

On the plus side delighted i held off on Uncharted.

I'm the other way, had uncharted and didn't have gravity rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Varik wrote: »
    I'm the other way, had uncharted and didn't have gravity rush.

Same here, it's a beautiful looking game.

Is it still the case that you lose the games after your subscription ends?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

animaX wrote: »
    Is it still the case that you lose the games after your subscription ends?

Should this be in the PS+ thread?

If so, it's always been the case that you lose the games when your subscription ends.
    Why would they continue to allow you access to games without getting paid?

If that was the case, we'd all subscribe for a month, d/l all the freebies and then wait for the next batch.

All you keep after the subscription ends is anything you purchased.

The only question we wondered about was, would your games still be there if you let the subscription lapse and then re-subscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

F1ngers wrote: »
    The only question we wondered about was, would your games still be there if you let the subscription lapse and then re-subscribe.

If you added the free games to your download list before they're removed, they will always be in your download list.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    If you added the free games to your download list before they're removed, they will always be in your download list.

They will.
    But if you let your subscription lapse, they will have expired and will no longer be playable.
    If you look at the information of a game it tells you when a game expires - On my PS3, Crysis 2 expires on 6/9/2013, which is when my subscription would end if I did not have auto-renew enabled.

They will.
    But if you let your subscription lapse, they will have expired and will no longer be playable.
    If you look at the information of a game it tells you when a game expires - On my PS3, Crysis 2 expires on 6/9/2013, which is when my subscription would end if I did not have auto-renew enabled.

AFAIK if you let your subscription lapse your save data in the cloud remains for 6 months after the sub ends so if you reactivate before that 6 months you can go back to were you left off. After = back to level 1. That implies the games should be re-activatable (=not a real word) after teh 6 months. Anyone confirm/deny?

First of all, my question was on topic even if there is a separate related thread.

Secondly, there's no need to be condescending - mods are supposed to stop people from acting like this, not initiate it!

animaX wrote: »
    Secondly, there's no need to be condescending - mods are supposed to stop people from acting like this, not initiate it!

I wasn't being condescending - apologies if that's the way I came across.

I wasn't being condescending - apologies if that's the way I came across.

Sound, it was a stupid question in fairness :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

They will.

Ah okay. I thought if the game was in your download list you'd have no problem playing them again as soon as you get your subscription back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from the states,got persona 4,ragorok odessey (sp?) Madden 13 and a 16gig memory card

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just back from the states,got persona 4,ragorok odessey (sp?) Madden 13 and a 16gig memory card

Dibs when you are selling or swapping Persona 4:p

Not sure if this has been said above but Travel Bug is out and free on Vita PSN.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oh and I got virtues last stand too,It had better be good :-P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement