Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Animo wrote: »
    Finally rang Sony about my Vita. Turns out since I purchased it in the States they won't cover it here. They suggest I send an email off to the US Support so I did that earlier. Not too hopeful of getting it sorted.

Don't really understand why the Ireland division couldn't sort it though, there isn't like there is much difference between the US and EU Vitas. I kinda expected it but argh! Persona is out soon and P+ finally comes to the Vita next week, it couldn't have picked a worse time to crap out on me.

That's a ****ing Joke,excuse my language

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

caspa307 wrote: »

Wow! Don't remember last time I seen scores that low on metacritic. As i said previously, I hope to sweet Jebus that my review copy mysteriously doesn't make it to me. God knows I'll be heart broken though :rolleyes::pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

EJ22 wrote: »
    I hope to sweet Jebus that my review copy mysteriously doesn't make it to me. God knows I'll be heart broken though :rolleyes::pac::p

I will take it off your hands for -€30.
    No, that isn't a typo. You need to send me €30 with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Otacon wrote: »

I will take it off your hands for -€30.
    No, that isn't a typo. You need to send me €30 with the game.

I dont think 30 would be enough for you hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

caspa307 wrote: »

I'm a massive FPS fan and not a platform fan but today I picked LBP over Declassified in gamestop. Such a shame they **** on one of the best chances for the Vita to make needed headway. I do think criticism of some of the multiplayer server issues is a bit unfair. Its day 1, teething, overload etc are to be expected on any platform or game.

LBP is fantastic though and with the cross-controller coming it'll be even better. Happy with my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

I'm a massive FPS fan and not a platform fan but today I picked LBP over Declassified in gamestop. Such a shame they **** on one of the best chances for the Vita to make needed headway. I do think criticism of some of the multiplayer server issues is a bit unfair. Its day 1, teething, overload etc are to be expected on any platform or game.

LBP is fantastic though and with the cross-controller coming it'll be even better. Happy with my choice.

so glad you did declassified is up to 9 negative reviews on metacritic, not even 1 neutral

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-16-call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-review

Eurogamer review for COD
    4/10

Really glad I didn't get it. Shame though, Vita needed to to do well.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Vita needed to to do well.

Not 100% convinced by this argument. IMO the Vita is going to live or die by its exclusive games. Obviously some ports will work [LBP and NFS:MW being recent examples] but I think games like Tearaway and Soul Sacrifice will set the Vita apart. As for FPSs on the system, I'm waiting impatiently for Killzone Mercenary.

Anyway, knowing Activision, there is more than likely another COD Vita game already in the works - hopefully with a more competent developer behind it.

Not 100% convinced by this argument. IMO the Vita is going to live or die by its exclusive games. Obviously some ports will work [LBP and NFS:MW being recent examples] but I think games like Tearaway and Soul Sacrifice will set the Vita apart. As for FPSs on the system, I'm waiting impatiently for Killzone Mercenary.

Anyway, knowing Activision, there is more than likely another COD Vita game already in the works - hopefully with a more competent developer behind it.

I just meant in terms of sales, having a COD game that was actually decent could have helped shift some units. This might then encourage more developers to develop games for it. I think there might be a lack of games after the currently in development games are finished. 3DS outsold it by 46 to 1 in Japan last week and its not doing that well in other territories either. That's gotta be offputting for developers and they might think they won't get a return on their investment.

Regards exclusives, I think Sony's strategy has been very disappointing thus far, relegating any Vita games to B teams. Contrast that with Nintendo. It doesn't make any sense. Look what happened with Resistance. Hopefully Killzone will come good though.

• Advertisement

I just meant in terms of sales, having a COD game that was actually decent could have helped shift some units. This might then encourage more developers to develop games for it. I think there might be a lack of games after the currently in development games are finished. 3DS outsold it by 46 to 1 in Japan last week and its not doing that well in other territories either. That's gotta be offputting for developers and they might think they won't get a return on their investment.

I just don't think there are that many people waiting for one game before taking the Vita plunge. Things like the expansion of the PS+ program will help sales more IMO.
    Regards exclusives, I think Sony's strategy has been very disappointing thus far, relegating any Vita games to B teams. Contrast that with Nintendo. It doesn't make any sense. Look what happened with Resistance. Hopefully Killzone will come good though.

Sony seems to have learned its lesson in this regard. For example, Tearaway is being developed by Media Molecule and Killzone is being handled by Guerrilla.

However, some studios have made their name with portable titles, like Bend Studio [Uncharted: Golden Abyss], Tarsier Studios [LBP PS Vita] and Ready At Dawn [the God of War PSP games], so I wouldn't write them all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Hmmm...do EA use an online pass for their Vita games? I checked the back of the Most Wanted box and it said nothing about a one time use code on it, unlike its big console versions.

I just don't think there are that many people waiting for one game before taking the Vita plunge. Things like the expansion of the PS+ program will help sales more IMO.

Sony seems to have learned its lesson in this regard. For example, Tearaway is being developed by Media Molecule and Killzone is being handled by Guerrilla.

However, some studios have made their name with portable titles, like Bend Studio [Uncharted: Golden Abyss], Tarsier Studios [LBP PS Vita] and Ready At Dawn [the God of War PSP games], so I wouldn't write them all off.

True, I'm hoping PS+ will help sales. Never hurts to have good games from familiar franchises, though. People might be more willing to take the plunge for these rather than new IP like Soul Sacrifice (unfortunately:()

If I see Nihilistic Software connected to another Vita game, though, I may go insane and kill someone!! (And probably do a better job of it than they do in their games!)

If I see Nihilistic Software connected to another Vita game, though, I may go insane and kill someone!! (And probably do a better job of it than they do in their games!)
    Nope. They're moving away from that from what I've heard.

Nope. They're moving away from that from what I've heard.

Oh thank God...

...Stops researching guns online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sine Mora is out next Wednesday http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/15/sine-mora-almost-a-digital-reality-on-vita-and-ps3/

I reckon it will be €11.99

Hmmm...do EA use an online pass for their Vita games? I checked the back of the Most Wanted box and it said nothing about a one time use code on it, unlike its big console versions.

Nope no online pass for the Vita version. There wasn't any for the 1st Fifa game either, so maybe they're not using them for the Vita (yet)

Good news everyone!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/18/nihilistic-becomes-nstigate-steps-away-from-retail-game-develop/
    Black Ops: Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies developer Nihilistic Software is reorganizing and reforming, with a focus on moving from retail game development towards downloadable, online, and mobile markets.
    Sine Mora is out next Wednesday http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/15/sine-mora-almost-a-digital-reality-on-vita-and-ps3/

I reckon it will be €11.99

Some gameplay for those who want to know more:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Persona 4 now currently holds a 94% average on Metacritic, the highest rating of any game on any platform this year so far ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ordered persona 4 from playasia, €35 delivered http://www.play-asia.com/Persona_4_Golden/paOS-13-71-1ab-49-en-70-4q5j.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Nope no online pass for the Vita version. There wasn't any for the 1st Fifa game either, so maybe they're not using them for the Vita (yet)
    Waynes-World-Were-not-Worthy.gif

See Sony? That's how you get the job done. By not shoving online passes into every game on every format.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

See Sony? That's how you get the job done. By not shoving online passes into every game on every format.

I think that was EA. Nothing to do with Sony.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I think that was EA. Nothing to do with Sony.
    I mean that Sony just won't try an alternate approach with their online pass scheme. I think R+C QForce doesn't have one, but I'm not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to say this in both the Playstation Plus thread and here, just to make sure.

If you're a Plus user then even if you don't have a vita you can still add/buy content from the PS3 store for the Vita, when plus adds games or any other content for the vita starting on 19th of November and each following month ADD IT.

Even if you don't have a vita yet those games will still be there if/when you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Varik wrote: »
    Going to say this in both the Playstation Plus thread and here, just to make sure.

If you're a Plus user then even if you don't have a vita you can still add/buy content from the PS3 store for the Vita, when plus adds games or any other content for the vita starting on 19th of November and each following month ADD IT.

Even if you don't have a vita yet those games will still be there if/when you do.

Good advice if you are intending to buy a vita in the future and are a PS+ subscriber.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Good advice if you are intending to buy a vita in the future and are a PS+ subscriber.

I'd say people should do it even if they don't intend to buy a vita, maybe after some bundle or price cut you'll look at that and the hundreds of games you have for it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is Plus worth it with a 4GB card or should I get a higher capacity? I don't have my PS3 at the moment so can't keep games there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is Plus worth it with a 4GB card or should I get a higher capacity? I don't have my PS3 at the moment so can't keep games there.

i just bought a 32gb the otherday id say your gonna need a minimum of 16 (depending on how many games you have digitally all ready)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Where and how much did you get the 32 for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement