Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Already a topic about this, but black ops declassified is really really bad. Thats 50 quid I'l never see again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Where and how much did you get the 32 for?

smyths for 80 euro but i traded some old ps3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wow declassified has a really bad trade in value already, only €14 cash in CEX.

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030917114045

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats because it really is appalling. Worse than resistance even.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finding the rugby game very hard to get into

• Advertisement

Finding the rugby game very hard to get into

I got rid of mine, it is too hard on such a small screen, I will get it again in the sales though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got rid of mine, it is too hard on such a small screen, I will get it again in the sales though.

Might give another go and then maybe trade it and fifa in for fifa 13 :-/

anyone hear of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? out this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Yep, have been looking forward to Virtue's Last Reward, but will probably be getting it on 3DS. It's the sequel to the DS game 999: 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, which I loved. 999 never got an EU release which makes the European release of this quite curious, might mean it's not essential to have played the first one

ghostchant wrote: »
    might mean it's not essential to have played the first one

haha I hope not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

ghostchant wrote: »
    Yep, have been looking forward to Virtue's Last Reward, but will probably be getting it on 3DS. It's the sequel to the DS game 999: 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, which I loved. 999 never got an EU release which makes the European release of this quite curious, might mean it's not essential to have played the first one

Hate to say it but this game may be too weird for a retail release, if it does show up it will be like goldust, also it has Playstation Plus free game written all over it, may be not for a couple of months but I don't mind waiting.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Hate to say it but this game may be too weird for a retail release, if it does show up it will be like goldust, also it has Playstation Plus free game written all over it, may be not for a couple of months but I don't mind waiting.

True, I was planning to have a look at the weekend and if I have no joy I'll be importing. Epic Mickey 3DS is out this Friday 2 afaik so that'll keep me going until I find it. My copy of P4G should be airborne at the moment so plenty of handheld goodness in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

My Persona 4 Golden hasn't shipped yet, though according to the site, its meant to go today.

I also have Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on the way. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

New firmware is available. Downloading now.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Just downloaded 2.00 firmware. Initial impressions. Browser is improved, still sucks and acts like IE for Mac, awful but if you need it its usable as before.

The email client is completely and utterly rubbish. Not displaying images of any form, error messages everywhere, crashed already in the 1st 3 minutes, a half-assed selection of email types supported without manually entering settings (only gmail & yahoo), no portrait mode, a colour scheme from the '70's (sh1t brown was never in even then), huge 'idiot' fonts. Yes its possible to use it as an email client but don't use this instead of your iphone, android or even any Sony smart or feature phone. Its the Declassified of email clients. I know its a gaming handheld & anything free is better than nothing but its this half hearted rubbish from Sony which is killing the Vita.

On the major upside the accuracy of the onscreen keyboard appears to me to be vastly improved. Haven't missed a key when typing long urls when previously it would have been all over the place.

Their is also an update in 'settings' for PSM which is not install by default. No idea what it does exactly but just so you know its not updated with the firmware automatically.

When entering Near after the update the app will fail and ask to be restarted when searching for location data. Restart is needed to review and accept new T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Its the Declassified of email clients.

Gotta say, I love this description of it. Hopefully that will be a new term for something that's absolutely abysmal.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Gotta say, I love this description of it. Hopefully that will be a new term for something that's absolutely abysmal.

Lol. Whats really pissing me off is had they just spent 5 seconds in their own group messaging app which they built on their own console they would have found the perfect font, colour scheme etc for the email client, but they went with 'old samsung dumb-phone font' & brown. I've never seen a brown email client before, now I know why. Honestly it looks like it was made in 48hrs by a 2nd level dev team its that bad.

Anyone figured out how to Wi-fi sync with content manager yet.

Oh and just cause its available for Vita Music Unlimited year pass is down to €11.99 for PS+ subscribers, think its €60 for non-subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Put all my game saves on cloud today, dead handy since I'm getting a new 16gb memory card tomorrow.

I ordered virtues last reward for about 33 euro off amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Got my copy of Virtues last reward about 2 weeks ago, surprised at how good it was:D. If you're not into to puzzle games then it wont be for you. Also have ragnarok odyssey havent really played it yet, just discovered that the trophies are in jappaness :confused: think xseed are working on a fix for this.

My copy of persona 4 shipped last Thursday so hoping it will be here by friday

• Advertisement

vex wrote: »
    Got my copy of Virtues last reward about 2 weeks ago, surprised at how good it was:D. If you're not into to puzzle games then it wont be for you. Also have ragnarok odyssey havent really played it yet, just discovered that the trophies are in jappaness :confused: think xseed are working on a fix for this.

My copy of persona 4 shipped last Thursday so hoping it will be here by friday

where did you order from?Is it all puzzle games?

Game.co.uk have virtues last reward unto preorder for £24.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Put all my game saves on cloud today, dead handy since I'm getting a new 16gb memory card tomorrow.

How do you do that? Any time I select a game the only options are Delete and Information. I do have PS+ aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Wing126 wrote: »
    How do you do that? Any time I select a game the only options are Delete and Information. I do have PS+ aswell.

It's a new option on the latest firmware. Just go into content manager and there will be an online storage option at the bottom. You can store up to 1gb of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

where did you order from?Is it all puzzle games?

I pre-ordered them from www.videogamesplus.ca . havnt had a problem games ship quickly when they are un stock , and work out cheaper than buying them here.

Virtues last reward is just puzzels with quite a good story, verious paths etc. quite hard to explain. but once you get into it its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It's a new option on the latest firmware. Just go into content manager and there will be an online storage option at the bottom. You can store up to 1gb of data.

Ah content manager. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still find it utterly bizarre that they haven't implemented a 'tilt to landscape' mode for the browser.

vex wrote: »
    I pre-ordered them from www.videogamesplus.ca . havnt had a problem games ship quickly when they are un stock , and work out cheaper than buying them here.

Virtues last reward is just puzzels with quite a good story, verious paths etc. quite hard to explain. but once you get into it its very good.

Is it like professor layton so :-p?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone know when we get the PS plus content.?

• Advertisement

padair wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we get the PS plus content.?

Tomorrow. See below for details

http://amog.com/tech/gaming/155169-ps-vita-firmware-20-adds-playstation-improves-web-browser/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement