Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

animaX wrote: »
    On the other hand, certain games have been specifically coded to allow you to start the game on ps3, transfer progress to vita and continue playing on that, then transfer back to ps3 later to continue again. I think wipeout and dungeon hunter (or whatever its called) can do this. But this is not a feature that is compatible with all ps3 games - they have to be specifically designed to do it.

........though I could be wrong here :pac:

Transfarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

animaX wrote: »
    I think you're confusing two different concepts here.

On the one hand there's the ability to output the contents/controls of your ps3 game to your vita screen. This only works if you are close to the ps3 (wifi connection or whatever). This (in theory) should work for any ps3 game but it doesn't as of yet.

On the other hand, certain games have been specifically coded to allow you to start the game on ps3, transfer progress to vita and continue playing on that, then transfer back to ps3 later to continue again. I think wipeout and dungeon hunter (or whatever its called) can do this. But this is not a feature that is compatible with all ps3 games - they have to be specifically designed to do it.

........though I could be wrong here :pac:

I think you just managed to confuse me more than what I already was :p:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I bought ninja gaiden today and I don't like it at all :/ might return it and save the 45 quid for disgea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

cloud493 wrote: »
    I bought ninja gaiden today and I don't like it at all :/ might return it and save the 45 quid for disgea.

stick with it ninja gaiden is one of the best games on the vita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Yes I know but your suppose to be able to play your PS3 games on the PS Vita on the move... Also one other question, can you connect to the Private Network on Remote Play anywhere in the World?... I am pretty sure you can, but haven't tried it yet..

having spoken to sony about this, you're not quite getting what they're aiming for. it's not to play your ps3 games on your vita, but play your vita games on your vita before seamlessly transferring your progress over to your ps3 version of the same game and continuing from where you left off

you wont be playing an actual playstation 3 game on the vita

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Helix wrote: »
    having spoken to sony about this, you're not quite getting what they're aiming for. it's not to play your ps3 games on your vita, but play your vita games on your vita before seamlessly transferring your progress over to your ps3 version of the same game and continuing from where you left off

you wont be playing an actual playstation 3 game on the vita

I think I get you now... I seen a video of Killzone 3 working via remote play thats why I was wondering... Do you need both PS3 and PS Vita versions? I seen MLB working on one of the adds on both but sure thats a full game and not like Wipeout where you just buy it in store and works on both...

Thats the add..

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

news from PAXeast is that MK for vita is getting a feature called augmented reality arenas, in short, show the vita where you want to fight aka a picture, somewhere in the house etc, and boom!

This has potential to be fun imo and has increased my more than likely buy rate by 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Really wish Tiger Woods 13 had come out for Vita,even with all the pay for dlc. Everybody's Golf is too damn hard.

Really wish Tiger Woods 13 had come out for Vita,even with all the pay for dlc. Everybody's Golf is too damn hard.

lol press square at the course select for easy mode...

anyone found a cheap place for vita games yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I finally cleared the 2nd HVT in Unit 13.:D

...It only took me about 100 attempts (Damn respawning terrorists :mad:)

LOL I hear you. I am still stuck on it. When I think I have gotten past a certain point a fooker lobs a gernade at me. I wouldbe so sick of it I woulod have to put the colsole down.

padair wrote: »
    LOL I hear you. I am still stuck on it. When I think I have gotten past a certain point a fooker lobs a gernade at me. I wouldbe so sick of it I woulod have to put the colsole down.

Try using the gunner, and don't bother trying to be stealthy, find a good position, and shoot.

just picked up blazblue i must pick up unit 13....

Does anyone know where I'l get the most cash selling a Vita? The highest price I can find is cex for 176.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

caspa307 wrote: »
    stick with it ninja gaiden is one of the best games on the vita
    Is there a demo! I was thinking of getting it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

I'm so gonna platinum unit 13 :D
    Did you Platinum Golden Abyss?

Did you Platinum Golden Abyss?

Not yet, you should get ninja gaiden though, tis brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not yet, you should get ninja gaiden though, tis brilliant :D

The Troll hunter is back after hunting Trolls in a different site

Didn't you say you did not like ninja gaiden a few days ago

BAck to the point what is it like looking at getting it from PSN

SO guys like my self i have must of my games form PSN as its a lot easier for me and as i never sell games myself so i don't mind having them on PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Picked up Virtua Tennis 4 last weekend for £27 on Zavvi.

IMO its the best looking game on the Vita, a good title for showing off its capabilities too. The main SP game is very easy to get into and follows a world tour schedule. The other modes in the game are also good, like the Arcade mode and VT Apps, which consist of Vita-specific features. These include an FPS mode where the gyroscope controls the camera and a touch-based, top down two player mode.

Well worth it IMO.

Ninja gaiden is a lovely looking game. It is very hard. Very very hard. But its a question of.. getting in sync with your enemies, so to speak. If you go and try to button mash, or rely on one single combo, you're gonna get your arse kicked.

• Advertisement

anyone played mod nation racers on this yet im really tempted (i dnt listen to reviews)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

anyone played mod nation racers on this yet im really tempted (i dnt listen to reviews)

Haven't played it but have little interest in doing so. All reviews state that the racing is adequate, but there isn't any online multiplayer, and if you create any tracks etc, you can't share them online!

Sounds like it was a rush job to get it out as a launch title.

Haven't played it but have little interest in doing so. All reviews state that the racing is adequate, but there isn't any online multiplayer, and if you create any tracks etc, you can't share them online!

Sounds like it was a rush job to get it out as a launch title.

meh online mp dosent bother me a huge amount and you can share tracks and creations through crossplay afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

This arrived at my door this morning, pretty neat!

I didn't find the vita particularly uncomfortable but over longer sessions I could feel a little discomfort. Though that was possibly because I just wasn't used to it (having being playing the psp up to the release of the vita).

The grip feels nice, more controller-like. I'll give it a while and see how it goes over longer sessions.

Pure Chess is out for PS3 today and Vita next week on PSN. Looks fantastic if you're not opposed to chess as a game (like myself).

My problem is I can't find out if one purchase gets both versions, like Hustle Kings made by the same game dev. A moderator on the PS blog says it's PS3 only, but a mod on thesixthaxis says they got a press release saying it's both versions for one price. Now it could be a case that the PS3 version is not downloadable/playable on Vita this week, but that the vita download would be free next week if you bought the ps3 this week, but I can't see any definite information one way or the other. If I have to choose, I'd wait for and get the Vita version as it would suit me as a portable game, but I'd buy the Ps3 version today if I knew it would allow me to get the Vita for free next week.

Don't suppose anyone knows for certain?

Pure Chess is out for PS3 today and Vita next week on PSN. Looks fantastic if you're not opposed to chess as a game (like myself).

My problem is I can't find out if one purchase gets both versions, like Hustle Kings made by the same game dev. A moderator on the PS blog says it's PS3 only, but a mod on thesixthaxis says they got a press release saying it's both versions for one price. Now it could be a case that the PS3 version is not downloadable/playable on Vita this week, but that the vita download would be free next week if you bought the ps3 this week, but I can't see any definite information one way or the other. If I have to choose, I'd wait for and get the Vita version as it would suit me as a portable game, but I'd buy the Ps3 version today if I knew it would allow me to get the Vita for free next week.

Don't suppose anyone knows for certain?

just tweted them there but got no reply will post when they answer

just tweted them there but got no reply will post when they answer

Cheers for that. I've just seen that they have responded to your question and unfortunately they are separate purchases. I'll just wait for the Vita version next week then.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

New game on psn called stardrone extreme for €4. Anyone know if it's any good?

Cheers for that. I've just seen that they have responded to your question and unfortunately they are separate purchases. I'll just wait for the Vita version next week then.

lol i didnt even see that
    yeah ill be picking it up anyway

• Advertisement

Disgea is out a week on Friday :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement