Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RNS510 sat nav for VW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

jca wrote: »
    Is that the one you bought after?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

The lithuanian lad? I bought mine off him months back. It was manufactured in Feb 2014, so happy out with that. Sound fella, and its working no problem since I got it. Full of terrible 90s music though.

Edit; the guy with seller name "m".

Also a guy on adverts selling h version for 450.

Thats the guy. You're happy enough with it? I'm looking for one of them, he does them there and then too right? Not the Chinese imports?

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

stuba wrote: »
    Thats the guy. You're happy enough with it? I'm looking for one of them, he does them there and then too right? Not the Chinese imports?

Says he got them from Lithuania. His brother or something sends them over. He sat in the car with me and helped me put it in (though I was going to do this anyways whether he wanted or not). He was adamant about showing me the DVDs playing (awful awful taste in music), because he enabled VIM.

Happy out with it though. Didnt budge on price, but H versions are kinda going for that money anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Aw feck it I spent the money on an s6... Google maps will have to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DraganGTD

Anybody using Fiscon BT with RNS 510? (Red Display +)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭AutoMan79

I also got new RNS 510 but don't have VCDS. Was wondering is there anybody to help who has experience with coding unit in.
    Thanks

AutoMan79 wrote: »
    I also got new RNS 510 but don't have VCDS. Was wondering is there anybody to help who has experience with coding unit in.
    Thanks

Where abouts are you? And what year is your car? Someone (including myself) may be able to help, but need a bit of info first. What are you trying to do anyways, that requires VCDS?

Where abouts are you? And what year is your car? Someone (including myself) may be able to help, but need a bit of info first. What are you trying to do anyways, that requires VCDS?

I am in Dublin north side. It's a Golf 2008 with full display and steering buttons and ipod in arm rest.
    So I would need just to code the unit in so I can use steering wheel buttons and MFD for nav/radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

I am in Dublin north side. It's a Golf 2008 with full display and steering buttons and ipod in arm rest.
    So I would need just to code the unit in so I can use steering wheel buttons and MFD for nav/radio.

Ipod in armrest wont work, but you can convert it to Aux input if you want, That's what I done in my 08 golf. But Bluetooth streaming rocks anyway!

Xpro wrote: »
    Ipod in armrest wont work, but you can convert it to Aux input if you want, That's what I done in my 08 golf. But Bluetooth streaming rocks anyway!

Ipod in armrest is not that important, I can use HDD and SD. What BT have u got in your Golf? I am thinking about Fiscon Basic Plus coz I have red display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

Ipod in armrest is not that important, I can use HDD and SD. What BT have u got in your Golf? I am thinking about Fiscon Basic Plus coz I have red display.

I have OEM VW 9W7 module, works great. I cant use buttons on the steering wheel, but I can fully operate it via RNS. It works great, sound quality is excellent, plus it will stream the music.
    I have one more module spare from 11 Golf if you interested. Cheers

Xpro wrote: »
    I have OEM VW 9W7 module, works great. I cant use buttons on the steering wheel, but I can fully operate it via RNS. It works great, sound quality is excellent, plus it will stream the music.
    I have one more module spare from 11 Golf if you interested. Cheers

I was considering 9W7 module myself but it can't use MFD to see phonebook and dialled/missed numbers that's why I am more now towards Fiscon and installation should be much easier.
    Basically gives me full use of MFSW and MFD.

Thanks to Black_Knight my MFSW and MFD working like a charm :)

Where do you park the car til' I send the boys 'round:cool::cool:

Where do you park the car til' I send the boys 'round:cool::cool:

Wait until he gets BT in. :pac:

Yeah..It's gona be complete package then :):)

Yeah..It's gona be complete package then :):)

When you have bt and the sat nav installed how much will it have cost you in total?

When you have bt and the sat nav installed how much will it have cost you in total?

Ohh Don't remind me :) I am done with nights out..lol

€950 all together with postage. Also this includes 2 years warranty on Fiscon and 1 year warranty for RNS.

It is a expensive but it holds the value very well (Well I hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

not an RNS510 question but does anyone know if theres a factory bluetooth kit for the MFD2 . An 06 Touareg (T1) with the colour mfd and no phone prep at all. I know the steering wheel controls need to be changed but the bluetooth module / fiscon equiv part number are the parts I'm struggling with.

Ohh Don't remind me :) I am done with nights out..lol

€950 all together with postage. Also this includes 2 years warranty on Fiscon and 1 year warranty for RNS.

It is a expensive but it holds the value very well (Well I hope).
    Still its a lot cheaper than the factory price. Where did you source the Fiscon and did you fit it yourself? Did you get the sat nav on ebay after? I'm still tempted as it really would complete the spec of my car. A local installer recommended by the main dealers wants €350 to supply and fit the Fiscon which sounds fairly pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Just as a reference, my RNS is a P model. Manufactured January 2013.

Still its a lot cheaper than the factory price. Where did you source the Fiscon and did you fit it yourself? Did you get the sat nav on ebay after? I'm still tempted as it really would complete the spec of my car. A local installer recommended by the main dealers wants €350 to supply and fit the Fiscon which sounds fairly pricey.

I ordered Fiscon directly from Kufatec Germany and it was the cheapest option for me.
    It costs €340 with DHL delivery and important thing it's Fiscon Plus which is way better then basic version (cheaper for c €100) and also includes mic for dim light so it's going to be an OEM look.

I will be doing it myself as soon as it arrives as it's not that difficult job. Have all info needed.

Rns 510 is from Ebay version P.

Should post some pics when all is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Looking for some advice on RNS510 for 07 Touareg.
    Was thinking of one the ebay units but would prefer an oem setup.

How can I tell from different versions?
    How difficult/expensive is it to add bluetooth?
    and the same for a reversing camera?

Thanks

PATJOE wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on RNS510 for 07 Touareg.
    Was thinking of one the ebay units but would prefer an oem setup.

How can I tell from different versions?
    How difficult/expensive is it to add bluetooth?
    and the same for a reversing camera?

Thanks

The come with serial codes on top of the head unit. Think the last letter refers to the version. Some versions are LCD screens, some are LED, some have 30g hard drives, some 40g. Google them.

Adding bluetooth shouldnt be too difficult. Costs about €200 for OEM.
    Adding a RVC is tricky enough, costs about €400 for OEM.

Here's my RVC install guide:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The come with serial codes on top of the head unit. Think the last letter refers to the version. Some versions are LCD screens, some are LED, some have 30g hard drives, some 40g. Google them.

Adding bluetooth shouldnt be too difficult. Costs about €200 for OEM.
    Adding a RVC is tricky enough, costs about €400 for OEM.

Here's my RVC install guide:

7L touareg doesn't have the fancy pop out cam, better off with a 50 notes ebay job and the kufatec rgb convertor.

also PATJOE does your touareg have the colour, white or red MFI display in the middle of the cluster ? also pre or post facelift, makes a lot of odds about CAN units and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Can you watch DVDs on these sat navs?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Red display and it's 07 post facelift

I am looking at a unit model
    7L6 035 191 H
    Can I add Bluetooth to any of the models?

Thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Can you watch DVDs on these sat navs?

Yes you can.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

PATJOE wrote: »
    Red display and it's 07 post facelift

I am looking at a unit model
    7L6 035 191 H
    Can I add Bluetooth to any of the models?

Thanks for advice

If your CAN can handle it, yes. Pretty sure BT can be added to any version RNS510.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

el diablo wrote: »
    Yes you can.

Thanks.

Just have an older model one and never knew this?

Do you have to hook something up to make it work?

Advertisement