Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching outfits at a debs/grad?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    WOW!!!

Thank-you! :D:o

A black Tux would go with that....

That's good to know in case he refuses to wear a navy suit..! ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Yeah I see no problems with a black tux and that dress - which is lovely by the way! :)

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Yeah I see no problems with a black tux and that dress - which is lovely by the way! :)

Ssssshhh..! :P

Thanks for the last part though! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tbh, a black tux would match that dress far better than something in blue.

The whole point is the guy should look distinguished but understated and allow the girl's dress to shine.

And in fairness that dress is really nice ... and normally the only way I notice a girl's dress is if she forgets to put it on! :pac:

The whole point is the guy should look distinguished but understated and allow the girl's dress to shine.

And in fairness that dress is really nice ... and normally the only way I notice a girl's dress is if she forgets to put it on! :pac:

Navy isn't exactly blue though.. And he won't wear a tux and I wouldn't want him to..! Pfffft.. I'll shine anyway! :P

I guess I'm not going to win this one on here... I'll leave it up to himself so! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I guess I'm not going to win this one on here... I'll leave it up to himself so! :P

So you agree I was right? :P

So you agree I was right? :P

No I agree I won't win..! :P

When I say I'll leave it up to him what I mean is I'll tell him black will look terrible and navy will be amazing..! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

It's just a dress..! :P

Pretty!!!:D

Oh Randy *shakes head*

:pac:

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Oh Randy *shakes head*

:pac:
    Well, at least I'm honest! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Well, at least I'm honest! :o

I'll give you that!

And nothing else :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah now ... if ye're going out with lads who cheerfully discuss the advantages of tulle over satin, and can name the 71 shades of pink and the difference between rabbitstail and herringbone stitching, either they're licking up to ye on their best or they're related to Gok Wan!! :p

Ah now ... if ye're going out with lads who cheerfully discuss the advantages of tulle over satin, and can name the 71 shades of pink and the difference between rabbitstail and herringbone stitching, either they're licking up to ye on their best or they're related to Gok Wan!! :p

I take it you're related to Gok Wan so... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

My ex didn't believe coral was a real colour :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I genuinely have no idea what half that means. You lose man cred!

Lawliet wrote: »
    I genuinely have no idea what half that means. You lose man cred!
    You do realise I made half of it up as I went along? :P :D
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    My ex didn't believe coral was a real colour :pac::pac::pac::pac:

It isn't, it's a living submarine organism!!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Id love for the lad im going with to wear a dickie bow but im pretty sure he wouldnt be caught dead in one.. He's a gas cnut!

Update: He actually got a bow tie! Life win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    My school's banned from all the Waterford hotels cos it's full of knacks...

The school I went to was banned several years ago from every hotel in Connacht so we had grads in Cavan which was a ridiculous distance to travel. Now they've went a step further and been banned from that hotel and this years grad was in Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Hey guyyyys...

Is it wrong for her corsage to be the same colour as her dress?

I was going to just get it in a complementary colour, but my mum rang me this morning saying she'd been in the florists, booked the corsages, and handed in some fabric the same colour as her dress. :(

First of all, my mum doing it is a little embarrassing. And second, I coulddd get them to make it in a different colour if needs be, because the grads are a whole week away, but that would be a minor inconvenience - disaster!!!

EDIT: By 'Hey guys' I actually refer primarily to girls as they tend to know this stuff, but whatever :p

Hey guyyyys...

Is it wrong for her corsage to be the same colour as her dress?

I was going to just get it in a complementary colour, but my mum rang me this morning saying she'd been in the florists, booked the corsages, and handed in some fabric the same colour as her dress. :(

First of all, my mum doing it is a little embarrassing. And second, I coulddd get them to make it in a different colour if needs be, because the grads are a whole week away, but that would be a minor inconvenience - disaster!!!

I would personally stick to a cream or white corsage because matching the dress will be overkill imo!

I would personally stick to a cream or white corsage because matching the dress will be overkill imo!

Curses.

That's what I was thinking. Especially since the dress she's wearing for my grads is simply red. Unless she decides to really go nuts and colour her skin blue, then the corsage might not look as good as it could....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

When you grow up and become a real man you will never, ever pick your choice of suit, shirt or tie based on what your woman is wearing.

irish_goat wrote: »
    When you grow up and become a real man you will never, ever pick your choice of suit, shirt or tie based on what your woman is wearing.

Me? I'm talking about the flowers she's going to be wearing on her hand, nothing to do with my clothes :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Me? I'm talking about the flowers she's going to be wearing on her hand, nothing to do with my clothes :confused:

I was replying to the thread in general. The corsage should obviously match her dress, in the same way her shoes, jewellery and shawl etc should all match, or at least not clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

i think pale, cream or white corsages allways look best.. not a fan of the couloured ones but a bit of matching material or ribbon is no harm (:

finding it tough to find matching ties for my dresses.. had to be awkward with my colours :L

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just read this thread from start til end. Im SUCH a loser.
    Only 1 year to go guys XOXOX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Two of my friends went to the debs together (as mates/each others' last resorts/enemies/whatever) and the lad wanted the girl to buy a dress to match his tie. :D

Togepi wrote: »
    Two of my friends went to the debs together (as mates/each others' last resorts/enemies/whatever) and the lad wanted the girl to buy a dress to match his tie. :D

haha did he succeed? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

nowhere94 wrote: »
    haha did he succeed? :O

Ha, unfortunately not! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I am dreading my debs and it isn't for another two months. I should really sort out a dress or something but like, I don't want to :(

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    Ha, unfortunately not! :P

Haha aww somehow i didn't think he would.. even though tbh it would probably be easier to match the colours that way :P
    Luno wrote: »
    I am dreading my debs and it isn't for another two months. I should really sort out a dress or something but like, I don't want to :(

i know a girl last year who left it last minute, ended up doing her own tan and make up ( which honestly noone took any notice of) and got her dress reduced to 99€ (from 4/500€) in the sales.. :)
    If your planning on booking make up and hair etc i'd get onto it, but there will allways be pleanty of dresses and shoes as long as your not too picky!
    :)

Advertisement