Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Bradt Pitt wrote: »
    Post pics when you get it, eh? :)

Will do!

Just checked tracking..,,,,

20 Jan 2015 14:34LimerickWe were unable to deliver your parcel as there was no one present to sign for the delivery. The latest status of your parcel will be shown here.

Really? It is my work address and I am here all day.....bastards

20 Jan 2015 14:38LimerickReturned to Depot

%%^^&&Y^%£$££$%%^^^^&*&*(((*%R£"£$£"$"£$

Not impressed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

893bet wrote: »
    Will do!

20 Jan 2015 14:34LimerickWe were unable to deliver your parcel as there was no one present to sign for the delivery. The latest status of your parcel will be shown here.

Not impressed!!

Geniuses...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Will do!

Not impressed!!

Thats a sickner...

macadam wrote: »
    Thats a sickner...

Went to depot and collected instead! See other thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Just checked tracking.............

20 Jan 2015 11:20 Limerick Out for delivery

This is me right now.......

Lol...is that really you ???

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement

Lol...is that really you ???

No! Was just for demonstrative purposes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

No! Was just for demonstrative purposes!

Phew...:pac:

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Went to depot and collected instead! See other thread!

Feckin gorgeous! Well wear man

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Major Dad

Hey - looking for some advice. I've seen a Stuhrling Original Monaco watch with blue dial analogue display and black leather strap on Amazon at £95 - says it's reduced from £297. Looks nice but was £297 the real original price ? Anyone got any comments or experience with the watch ?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Major Dad wrote: »
    Hey - looking for some advice. I've seen a Stuhrling Original Monaco watch with blue dial analogue display and black leather strap on Amazon at £95 - says it's reduced from £297. Looks nice but was £297 the real original price ? Anyone got any comments or experience with the watch ?
    Cheers
    Thers's a site called camel that lets you check this out, put in the url of the amazon product and it will tell you if its the lowest price or not

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/?utm_campaign=locale_redir&utm_source=C:US-L:EN-G:IE&utm_medium=www

• Advertisement

Stuhrling are always on sale so I would put too much heed in the previous price.

If you like the watch...buy!

There is a stuhrling on adverts for 1500 which is bizarre. Get the feeling the owner got caught and actually paid huge money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea, very nice find, it still happens and regularly enough too(though 35 grand watches not so much). There was a chap hereabouts who found a solid gold Patek while out walking his dog in Dublin(IIRC). Nobody came forward to claim it and it's now his. Free Patek Phillipe, not too shabby. :)

Over the years and obviously in a much smaller way I've "found" stuff on ebay that was worth waaaaay more than I paid. My recently bagged Longines UltraQuartz one example(under a tenth of what they usually fetch). Not just watches. I bagged an art print for twelve quid that usually sell for over two grand.

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I would feel guilty as hell making 5 figures out of something I got for under a tenner at a charity shop. I really would. I'd split the proceeds with them 50/50 and even then...

PS to the dude in the article, if the only hair you can grow on your facial region is on your neck, shave dude, shave for pity's sake... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Spied that. What do you think about the mark on the bezel? Would it put you off?

I'm waiting for a reply from steinhart to see if they could sell one without the date magnifier, but would consider that as an alternative if they can't.

Spied that. What do you think about the mark on the bezel? Would it put you off?

I waiting for a reply from steinhart to see if they could sell one without the date magnifier, but would consider that as an alternative if they can't.

Wouldn't put me off. Sound investment and surprised it's still there to be honest. I reckon he would take 200-210.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I still haven't managed to find 50 things to say on that forum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

art wrote: »
    I still haven't managed to find 50 things to say on that forum :(

Snap, I'm at about 20 posts or so. Don't have to will power to get to 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Anyone ever bought from Rakuten? $109 for skx007/009 seems v good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

rwbug wrote: »

I'll have one if your making a multiple purchase.. Great deal even with the high rate of the dollar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Wow. Looked into it before but postage was high.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭flutered

top seller, been selling for yonks

One for wibbs. Haven't a clue if this is a bargain, but it has 2 of your favourite things. Longines and tuning fork :D

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?319864-FSOT-Longines-Ultronic-Final-reduction-to-%A3290

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:D Yea it's nice alright NM, though very overpriced in my humble. While you see those kinda BIN prices(and higher) on eBay, when the plainer run of the mill Ultronics go up in no reserve auctions between 100-150 euros is their usual price point/actual value. So that's double the going rate at over 300 euros(allowing for exchange rates) Check out these recent completed sales on the bay.

The ones that run higher and are sought after are the diver versions, some of the rarer TV shaped massive cases and the chronographs. They go for 600/300+/1000+ euros respectively alright. Generally speaking if you want a standard Ultronic budget for 100-150 quid and a month of Bay trawling. The Omega f300's go for more, because of the "Omegamania" effect, budget 2-300 for the plainer common ones and double that and more for the oddballs(even though Omega tuning forks are far more common and were made in much greater numbers than the Longines ones).

I find TZUK to be a fantastic source of info and a great forum, but the sales forum when it runs to the vintage stuff tends to be overpriced. Not always though as This though hardly small potatoes it's a "bargain" for such a rare item, with a full recent service and warranty to boot. WUS is worse for this though IME. It's the nature of WIS type forums, we tend to think our stuff is worth more than it is and since you'll get someone of a similar mind they often sell at those higher prices continuing that internal belief. They seem to have many more bargains in the new and more recent secondhand stuff though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

Wow. Looked into it before but postage was high.

fyi, I ordered a 009 on jubilee for 115 usd and looks like postage was approx 15 USD as total cost is 130 usd.

I ordered and selected paypal as method of payment. They held the order until they confirmed the shipping cost. Process took less than 24 hours and I've a confirmed tracking number this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Good going.. about €70 less that I ended up paying to Creation, Revenue and DHL!

Really liking the Ocean 2 on TZ.

If my railmaster moved I would snap it up!

imagejpg18_zps27046bf9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I really like them - I presume they're inspired by the IWC aquatimer, but it's great to see a bit more of an original design from Steinhart.

If that's the seller I'm thinking of, it's probably not a bargain though.

Eoin wrote: »
    I really like them - I presume they're inspired by the IWC aquatimer, but it's great to see a bit more of an original design from Steinhart.

Indeed. A saving of around 20quid from new lol. Comes with an extra strap though!

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »

Dietcokeman? He had it on eBay as well. I'm not sure if you saw his thread with the vintage red on it, but he got proper annoyed when people started pointing out he was asking more than the new price for it. It sold on eBay last week for around £290

Edit:£450 asking on ebay!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steinhart-Ocean-Two-Yellow-/111564202315?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item19f9bea14b
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steinhart-Ocean-One-Red-/111575455087?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item19fa6a556f

Advertisement