Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 SGS2 Modding Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

In the status bar?
    You should be able to enable it from deluxe settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Cheers subway!

Not enough coffee this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i am on 3.0.5 and i only get one day out of the battery, I doe have wifi on all day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone have the latest on rr? Any issues with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

On paranoid android 1.992 at the moment. Finding it good but get random reboots at times along with some lag at times. Anyone have any tips on how to sort this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Anyone tried external antenna on S2? I found this [1], but S2 in the USA wass slightly different than in Europe and I'm not sure if that's the same connector...

[1] http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Samsung-Nexus-S-Google-Nexus-S-i9100-Galaxy-S-II-external-antenna-adapter-3db-/370379738548?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item563c5a4db4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

PrzemoF wrote: »
    Anyone tried external antenna on S2? I found this [1], but S2 in the USA wass slightly different than in Europe and I'm not sure if that's the same connector...

[1] http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Samsung-Nexus-S-Google-Nexus-S-i9100-Galaxy-S-II-external-antenna-adapter-3db-/370379738548?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item563c5a4db4

Bit confused as to where it plugs into the phone? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I flashed my S2 with the official 4.0 build, but of late it's started rebooting a couple of times a day, so I'm thinking of trying one of these mods. I used Odin for the current install so is it just a case of doing the same thing with this or do I need to completely wipe the phone first? If I have to completely wipe it, I'm guessing I should back it up using Kies first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Zagato wrote: »
    Bit confused as to where it plugs into the phone? :confused:

Open the back cover and to the left hand side of the sim card holder theres a small circle hole with a black and gold connecter thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I am on Litening Rom and the development of this has vanished again:(

Was looking for a rom that is Jkay supported but most new roms are not. Tried Wanamlite and Resurrection although nice not jkay supported.

Are there any good supported roms that have regular updates and have good themes that maybe similar to jkay or any new rom that supports this?

All suggestions welcome

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Have a few problems just started for no apparant reason.

The s3 is rooted. The ext sc card is visable in file manager, but not visible in gallery or music player apps. Also ,the phone is not visible to 2 pc's anymore.

Have tried all the settings i can think of, usb debuggin etc..

These problems seem to start after trying to upload a video to facebook.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

OneWayBet wrote: »
    Go for it, you'll need to do a full wipe upgrading from 2.x but I was able to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.5 without reinstalling anything.
    Did it.

RR 3.0.6. Siyah 4.1.2. Android JB 4.1.1.

Will see how it fares over the weekend. So far seems to run smoothly, but Bluetooth toggle won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Anyone on the latest (2.3) Revolt JB ROM? Thinking about flashing it from ICS this weekend.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1755884

*bump*
    So I took the plunge myself and I'm on Revolt 2.3 JellyBean now, and it's really good!
    I thought Google Voice Search wasn't working out of the box but you just have to download the Offline language packs from Settings->Voice.
    I also have the BLN mod now so my button LEDs pulse when I have a message or Gmail waiting, you need to enable it in the ROM and have this app too.

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Anyone on the latest (2.3) Revolt JB ROM? Thinking about flashing it from ICS this weekend.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1755884

What has battery life been like? I can hardly get a working day from stable cm9 at the moment. And thats after I moved back from the JB Paranoid android rom. It was too buggy and battery life was even worse. Had to bring a charger to work to keep me going!

pedatron wrote: »
    What has battery life been like? I can hardly get a working day from stable cm9 at the moment. And thats after I moved back from the JB Paranoid android rom. It was too buggy and battery life was even worse. Had to bring a charger to work to keep me going!
    I need to use it a bit more, I went for Siyah kernel (v4.1.4) during the install, and I read some favourable things in the thread.

I need to use it a bit more, I went for Siyah kernel (v4.1.4) during the install, and I read some favourable things in the thread.

Thanks for the reply. Would you let me know how it goes? Battery life has become my main concern these times. So annoying having to worry about it all the time!

Top Dog wrote: »
    Did it.

Will see how it fares over the weekend. So far seems to run smoothly, but Bluetooth toggle won't work.
    Slight update after a few days use.

Bluetooth toggle sorted itself after I rebooted the phone. :)

Battery life is ... impossible to say! :eek:

I'm a fairly light user when at home and so far it's telling me I've had 2 days 10 hours 48 mins on the battery and still have 24% left. There's a glitch in there somewhere though. Picked up the phone last night and the battery was at 64%. Played a little solitare for about half and hour and the battery plummeted to 14%. Went to sleep and when I got up the battery said 25% (without charging). The battery life graph looks strange as a result.

Other than the battery wierdness its running very smooth. Good wi-fi connection, good data connection when out and about. A lot of the app's that stopped working on the previous version I had installed are now back working again. No freezes, no random re-boots, no dropped calls.

Will be keeping a close eye on the battery but so far I'm pretty happy with it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Top Dog wrote: »
    Did it.

I lasted one day on this Rom. constant sim lock "reboots" required. battery life was woeful for me too!? This was my 2nd JB rom first wasn't much better. Back on RR 2.61 ICS Siyah 3.0.37. Stable.

what am I missing in JB? one thing I missed from cm9-cm10 base was the lockscreen shortcuts gone in JB! that was the last straw for me to go back to ICS :D

• Advertisement

00sully wrote: »
    I lasted one day on this Rom. constant sim lock "reboots" required. battery life was woeful for me too!? This was my 2nd JB rom first wasn't much better. Back on RR 2.61 ICS Siyah 3.0.37. Stable.

what am I missing in JB? one thing I missed from cm9-cm10 base was the lockscreen shortcuts gone in JB! that was the last straw for me to go back to ICS :D
    Jaysus :eek: Can't say I've come across any of those issues.

What are you missing? Haven't the foggiest. Thats not being a smart-ass, I just don't see much change between all of these. I use the same launcher and applications on all the ROM's, so the only things I really see much change in is maybe smoothness, battery life and data connectivity (stability & speed). Besides the blue hue in ICS over GB I didn't see much difference.

I probably don't use my phone near enough to justify even having it :o

pedatron wrote: »

Thanks for the reply. Would you let me know how it goes? Battery life has become my main concern these times. So annoying having to worry about it all the time!
    Well I had no complaints until this happened, wtf is that drop?!
    http://www.imgur.com/Nir87.png

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭north south east west

My galaxy s2 has started causing me problems over the last day. It can only make or receive calls irregularly. Text messages are delayed when sending and receiving them. Sometimes when the phone does ring it makes an unusual sound. I have attached a video of this.

<video snipped ops request>

Mobile data, wi fi and everything else on the phone are working fine. I have tried different sims in the phone and they all have the same problem. I have also restarted the phone numerous times and done a factory reset. The phone is rooted using siyah kernal 3.03 and running android 4.03. The build number is IML74K.XWLP7. The phone has been rooted with siyah kernal for a couple of months with no problem. Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what's going on there dude, did it get damaged at all? Do MP3s sound weird from the speaker too?
    Siyah kernel is up to version 4.1.* now, might be a bug in the version you have.

After using Revolt 2.3 for a while, I reckon the battery is pretty good, but in the ROM itself I've noticed a few freezes recently, and trouble with my MHL cable where my TV goes blank sometimes when playing a Youtube vid off the phone and it doesn't show everything happening on screen, just video playback.
    And these on the lockscreen bug me: http://i.imgur.com/eH7IA.png

Mostly it's good though, at least 8/10 or 9/10. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭north south east west

Not sure what's going on there dude, did it get damaged at all? Do MP3s sound weird from the speaker too?
    Siyah kernel is up to version 4.1.* now, might be a bug in the version you have.

No it didn't get damaged at all (that I know of). Mp3s are playing perfectly and when calls do get through there is no problem with sound. If i update the kernal and flash it with odin will I keep all my clockworkmod backups and the layout of my phone currently (apps, launcher, wallpapers etc) or does flashing a new kernal mean I lose this?

I think you can flash a kernel only but it's usually best to clear caches and stuff if you do, I'm not 100% sure!
    If wallpapers are on your SD card I don't think they'll be touched, and maybe you can export your launcher settings?

Is anyone else seeing the Emergenc-y button thing on their pattern lockscreen (see image in my last post), maybe it's a thing that's on all CM10 based JB ROMs...?

I have it as well on cm10 nad it makes perfect sense. Not sure why it bothers you?

I have it as well on cm10 nad it makes perfect sense. Not sure why it bothers you?
    Should say:
    "Emergency
    call"

Not
    "Emergenc
    y call"

Minor annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I took cm10 off mine because the Dublin bus app and my bank app were not compatible.

Wish there was a way to fool the Apps into thinking the rom was an earlier api version.

• Advertisement

Should say:
    "Emergency
    call"

Not
    "Emergenc
    y call"

Minor annoyance.

I thought it's your typo :D

I have "Emergency call". Size of font? What cm10 you have?
    I'm using this one: http://www.get.cm/?device=i9100g
    and the first one from 24th of Sep

Advertisement