Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 SGS2 Modding Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I thought it's your typo :D

I have "Emergency call". Size of font? What cm10 you have?
    I'm using this one: http://www.get.cm/?device=i9100g
    and the first one from 24th of Sep
    Using Revolt 2.3 ROM normal font size (the Small font didn't make a difference), which is CM10 + AOKP based but the ROM thread doesn't say which versions so I'm not entirely sure, probably AOKP Build 2 anyway as Build 3 was only released yesterday.

I don't think I'll stay on it for too long now that we know there's official JellyBean on the way.
    I want my FM Radio back (I never really use it but I like saying to iPhone users, "give us a listen to your radio there", and laugh when they can't deliver! :D), and also get Project Butter!
    I like all the AOKP features though so hopefully some sort of official apps/CM10/AOKP hybrid will appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just updated mine to use the JB Paranoidandrod 2.13 running JB 4.1.1 - very smooth and quick and the battery life is great... also just dicsover a Contacts photo app that lets you use hig res contact photos, makes a massive difference

Still waiting for one of these, I think they're cool:

The SGS3 has it's own one coming out soon I think.

*bump*
    Flashed Revolt JB 2.4 yesterday and it's got some improvements and new features:

Based on CM10 and AOKP Build 3 (which has a fix for the browser crash when moving the cursor in a text field)

Inverted GApps (wouldn't recommend installing these, Google Voice Search force closed on me but the regular version is fine)
    Change track on volume rocker buttons when screen is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Flashed CM10 Nightly Builds on my S2 first full day using and the battery is lasting much better than RR JB - plus the frequent reboots dont seem to be happening anymore.

• Advertisement

These little bugs in the ROMs/Android apps are p*ssing me off.
    For some reason Google Music put 32 of my previously fine albums into the "Unknown artist" category just I looked at them in MP3tag and the tags were as I set them, all Artist names tagged!

And this, wtf?!
    jtkc6s.png
    Battery suddenly drops to 3%, I restart and it's up to 45%, I restart again and it's down to 3% again, AAARGH! :mad:

What ROM are you using

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone using supernexus rom?

Have to CyanogenMod is very good! Handles applications very well and the battery lasts way longer than RR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Considering changing from RR to CM10, getting a little fed up of the random reboots and the phone becoming completely unresponsive on occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

BopNiblets wrote: »
    *bump*
    Flashed Revolt JB 2.4 yesterday and it's got some improvements and new features:

Based on CM10 and AOKP Build 3 (which has a fix for the browser crash when moving the cursor in a text field)

Inverted GApps (wouldn't recommend installing these, Google Voice Search force closed on me but the regular version is fine)
    Change track on volume rocker buttons when screen is off.
    I`m using the Revolt JB 2.5 .One very annoying bug .I lose the internal speaker
    at least once a day .If I make a call I cant hear a thing until I turn on the loudspeaker ,requires a reboot to get it back working .

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Considering changing from RR to CM10, getting a little fed up of the random reboots and the phone becoming completely unresponsive on occasions.

Thats what made me change, and if you have any number of apps open, it drains the battery so quick. With CM it doesnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

Mc Love wrote: »
    Thats what made me change, and if you have any number of apps open, it drains the battery so quick. With CM it doesnt!

What CM10 nightly are you using out of interest?

I used the one of the 14th Oct I think

10-20121014-Nightly-i9100

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

Thanks. I must give that a go.

What baseband are you using? I am on LPX and wondering what gives the best battery usage.

Yeah I have the same LPX - so far so good in terms of battery. Going to see how long it lasts today without charging. Unplugged it roughly at 05:30

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

Have to CyanogenMod is very good! Handles applications very well and the battery lasts way longer than RR

I am on RR 3.0.9 and find that battery lasts about 22hrs with 'Google's Location Service' and 'Location & Google search' enabled. If I disable both of these I get about 28 hrs.

I'm tempted to try CM but would be interested to know if you have these features enabled? I'm actually pretty happy with RR but if CM is better then I want it :)

Yep have both those enabled. Currently on 16% left - currently 19 and half hours. Compared to RR JB its a million times better, my battery would have died at about 8 or 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

CM nightly 14/10 is magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Got the latest RR through UpdateMe yesterday. Was all set to try out CM before the notification came through. Will try it for a week or so before rethinking the CM thing.

• Advertisement

Revolt JB 2.6 released but has a few issues with GApps FCing, dev says 2.7 is coming so hold your horses for it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

New camera, gallery & swype-like keyboard from 4.2:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1964804

Tested on cm10 nightly - works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I rooted my phone last night and now none of the apps I'd moved to my SD card are working? Any ideas?

SuprSi wrote: »
    I rooted my phone last night and now none of the apps I'd moved to my SD card are working? Any ideas?

Hmm, just rooted or installed a custom ROM that is using a different path to access SD card as well? Rooting on it's own shouldn't cause any problems..

Anyone else know what app to use for backing up data and apps on CM? They say you shouldnt use Titanium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Really? I've been using it without problems. Haven't used it to restore much though.

Thats what they were saying on xda if you restored using titanium you could brick your phone.

Thats what they were saying on xda if you restored using titanium you could brick your phone.
    Link? What version of CM? 7/9/10?

Jaysus I was only reading it on one of the CM's so I figured it applied for every CM - and as I only recently got CM I'd say it was for one of the newer.

• Advertisement

Jaysus I was only reading it on one of the CM's so I figured it applied for every CM - and as I only recently got CM I'd say it was for one of the newer.

Can't find anything, except that some system apps might be using different data structure/directories on cm and different on stock ROM, so Titanium Backup can't work properly (freezing/boot loop and other nice things as a result of restoring).

Advertisement