Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Think Eminem is a certainty. Also read that there'll be a Nate Dogg hologram, it will be as if he's there performing with them. Warren G, Kurupt and Daz will also be there apparently.

the nate dogg hologram should be a nice touch. its being streamed live on youtube too, heres the link it has all the acts on it but no sign of lamar and dre unless they are the closing act on the sunday thats TBA?

http://www.youtube.com/coachella

never mind just had a look at aftermaths facebook and dre and snoop are the headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Not because I like Game more but I think Game would be a better fit for an event like this (up in smoke mainly west coast energy)

That said if they were going for bigger then 50 is the obvious choice.

Not because I like Game more but I think Game would be a better fit for an event like this (up in smoke mainly west coast energy)

That said if they were going for bigger then 50 is the obvious choice.

ye game would defiantly suit an up in smoke styled concert better , i just taught there could be a possibility that this might have been an actual aftermath set with the exception of snoop, he's always nearly a given with dre.

with the edition of black hippy to aftermath, their suddenly starting to look like a powerhouse again. Imo dre should be promoting his roster more with tours and the likes just like young money and roc a fella do. Aftermath and shady never done enough of that imo bar the shady 2.0 performance a while ago.

Aftermath never seem to be able to promote more than a few artists at a time, Dre seems to cause a split as he can not work on every project equally.

The amount of amazing rappers they lost is mind boggling.

But if they had Em, Dre, 50, slaughterhouse, black hippy and whats left of d12 then that would be pretty amazing.

Even then isn't Black Hippy getting distributed under interscope/top dawg and only Lamar getting Aftermath and he others along with access to Dre?

• Advertisement

Aftermath never seem to be able to promote more than a few artists at a time, Dre seems to cause a split as he can not work on every project equally.

The amount of amazing rappers they lost is mind boggling.

But if they had Em, Dre, 50, slaughterhouse, black hippy and whats left of d12 then that would be pretty amazing.

Even then isn't Black Hippy getting distributed under interscope/top dawg and only Lamar getting Aftermath and he others along with access to Dre?

ye i agree, in my honest opinion i think em's problems could of had a lot to do with it and dre went through a good bit himself aswell.

but back in the early 00s the taught of dre,em,50,game,g unit,d12 all touring together is pretty class, always a possibility the likes of snoop would of come along too.

according to aftermaths official site, black hippy are on there roster. it has a list of its artists up near the top.

http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/

Well yes that is true, but Dre has always been picky on how and who he works with too.

Cool, I thought I read that they would all get distribution from Interscope also but Kendrick would get Interscopt/Aftermath on top of Top Dawg.
    Much better they are properly under Aftermath along with being slightly still independent too though.

A 2004/5 tour of Shady/Aftermath would have been epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Snoop, Dre, Eminem, Wiz Khalifa, and a hologram of Tupac for California Love, and a hologram of Nate Dogg for The Next Episode. I'd die to be there, and Kendrick Lamar would've been cool to see too.

Why is Wiz Khalifa there?

I was expecting something a lot better tbh, wiz kahlifa what a joke in fairness terrible rapper IMO.

• Advertisement

So this already happened?

So this already happened?

Tommorow night I think man ... The closing act. Not sure what time it will be streamed on YouTube over here, anyone know ?

Tommorow night I think man ... The closing act. Not sure what time it will be streamed on YouTube over here, anyone know ?

Ah ok.

If they are scheduled for 10:35 pm on the Sunday then that means they are on here on Monday at 6:35am (to 8.05am?). California is GMT/UTC-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Wiz Khalifa

Why would Wiz be there? Think you've been misinformed...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/04/14/hip-hop-resurrection-dr-dre-to-perform-california-love-with-hologram-of-tupac-at-coachella/

Wiz will be there. Why? I have no idea but pretty much everywhere is reporting that he will be there.

Actually forgot Snoop is headlining too so they'll probably perform a few tracks from that collab album/movie he did with Wiz..

He should still be nowhere near that performance.

Snoop has worked with lots of better rappers as has Dre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

He should still be nowhere near that performance.

Snoop has worked with lots of better rappers as has Dre.

Could be worse, they could have done california girls with katie perry

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Could be worse, they could have done california love with katie perry

True, everything could always be much much worse.

or

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That's what i meant, got mixed up with the names, my apologies go out to dre and tupac for associating california love with that absolute fúcking excuse for a song.

Don't know what snoop was thinking when he got involved in that song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Why would Wiz be there? Think you've been misinformed...

I didn't like it either, but yep. And Snoop & Wiz have done loads of work together, and I suppose they're just getting loads to try make it as legendary as they can. Hopefully K.Dot will join them. I really want some sort of news on Detox or maybe Snoop Dre and Kendrick to perform the track they done. Just something!

I didn't like it either, but yep. And Snoop & Wiz have done loads of work together, and I suppose they're just getting loads to try make it as legendary as they can. Hopefully K.Dot will join them. I really want some sort of news on Detox or maybe Snoop Dre and Kendrick to perform the track they done. Just something!

Yeah when I heard Dre was headlining a few months ago I thought maybe he'd make an announcement or give us a release date but it's tomorrow and I really don't have high hopes for any kind of announcement..

We'll see in 28 ish hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That's what i meant, got mixed up with the names, my apologies go out to dre and tupac for associating california love with that absolute fúcking excuse for a song.

Don't know what snoop was thinking when he got involved in that song.

financial_money_roll.jpg

In other news, Boards.ie favourite Childish Gambino brought out the 1st born son of the Hip-Hop forum and Danny Brown at Coachella:

Really liked Bino on the Detox beat, "There's white in the kitchen, me casa su casa, girl why is you lyin'? Girl why you Mufasa?" Haha brilliant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pretty good interview between MURS and Kendrick and a few others that jump in.

I love Murs (does not get enough respect imo)

Swim team at the end too..

lamar kills this, what an instrumental.

E40 ft lamar & droop- e

came across this lamar track today, not bad. He must be promoting this new tom clancy video game, a bit of a odd pairing imo but he's promoting it a lot on his twitter too.

like how the song/lryics are actually related to the games storyline. Real chill vibe to it.

dj drama interview too, drama is real busy lately, love how he breaks down a rappers pro's and con's, not afraid to ask anything. interesting that lamar could of gone to def jam at 17 too and that there was plenty of offers on the table when section 80 dropped.

The video for the receipe is now in production, should drop soon !

Finally got my hands on the single via iTunes the other day, man I don't think Iv ever changed my opinion so much on a song, I genuineally love it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Seems like he will be the next big thing? so far not impressed with his records yet

Advertisement