Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 132 - July 2nd

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    How did cruz only get 40 grand being a current champ, wandy got 200k for 20 seconds and tito got half a mil :eek: no wonder he was so ecstatic.

Yeah Cruz really needs to negotiate a new contract, that's crap money for a champ. And that was including a win bonus!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bader getting only 20k is shocking and id have thought
    george sot wouldnt been making a little more than 15k
    condit 34k pretty miserable also if you take out the win bonus

on the other hand im delighted to see leben making good money
    just can't dislike that guy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

mrm wrote: »
    I vaguely remember seeing a video of Kevin James dislocating his shoulder while training with Randy Couture. I think Couture smashed him into the mat.

I thought they were having a laugh with the whole Kevin James is a serious MMA athlete but he holds himself pretty well against Randy, I think this is the video you're talking about:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qOsm8DTYeI

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭mrm

Cheers Hail 2 Da Chimp, thats the one. Nice seeing a celeb attend who has a genuine interest, as opposed to those who turn up because its the event to be seen at.

Goddamn those pay purse lists always sicken me. With the potential of serious injury a lot of those figures dont even satisfy the BS line of 'nice money for one nights work', never mind the associated amount of training involved to prepare for a fight. They certainly dont equate with the price I have paid for some UFC tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Yeah I remember reading Randy's autobiography and the foreward was written by Kevin James. I knew I recognised the name but couldn't believe it when I found out it was him. He's a legend and has an film where he plays a teacher turned MMA fighter. Should be decent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_the_Boom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No way. G-Sots head SLAMMED off the ground...Yves was on the ball there, excellent stoppage.
    Agreed
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    How did cruz only get 40 grand being a current champ, wandy got 200k for 20 seconds and tito got half a mil :eek: no wonder he was so ecstatic.
    Dean09 wrote: »
    Yeah Cruz really needs to negotiate a new contract, that's crap money for a champ. And that was including a win bonus!! :eek:

His current contract is a WEC contract. He hasn't realy got any leverage against the UFC so he'll just have to serve it out.
    THe UFC amke their money from the general public, not the real fans. Despite everything, Tito is one of the bigger draws among the general public purely on how well know he is.

Expect his next fight to be heavily billed, prob a co-main event. I also expect them to play up the most fights in the octgon ever angle. Although, Matt Hughes is abotu to take the lead in september so maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Some weird-ass celebs were at UFC 132 it's become like courtside at The Lakers for these mugs - http://www.fightireland.com/2011/07/unusual-suspects-spottted-at-ufc-132.html

Kevin James has probably been to more UFC events than Dana White!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Some weird-ass celebs were at UFC 132 it's become like courtside at The Lakers for these mugs - http://www.fightireland.com/2011/07/unusual-suspects-spottted-at-ufc-132.html

That really Slash?

It's Khal Drogo/Conan the Barbarian.

17_UFC132.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah that's Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones,

"black curly hair, and a hat..........must be Slash......." facepalm for fightireland :D:D

Advertisement