Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 132 - July 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,134 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sheehy83 wrote: »
    UFC 132 is on this Saturday with some interesting fights on the card. I hope Bader smashes Tito into retirement. Wandy & Leben should be some battle but I think Silva is just getting too old at this stage. Great to see Sotiropolous again.

Tito retires this weekend
    Wandy looked pretty good in trainign and was great against bisping. He had surgery since then so hopefully he was looking after himself
    Looking forward to seeing Siver again, shame to see Sots (who was a win or two away from a title shot) on the undercard.
    Want Conduit to get a win here

Cruz Faber is so so close.
    But I think Cruz takes it on momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Can't wait for this card. Leben v silva is gonna be a war. I can see Leben taking it though.

Looking forward to seeing Wiman again. He looked good last time against Cole Miller at fight for the troops 2.

I'm a fan of Bader too so hopefully he can put on a good show against Tito. He's coming off his 1st loss (to Jon Jones) so hopefully he'll pull something out of the bag here.

Also I'll be rooting for Cruz. I hope he kicks Faber right in his ass-chin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Exciting card, I really hope Siver can get the win and keep his momentum going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

cruz
    silva
    bader
    condit
    siver

Would be my picks, Silva I admit I am being sentimental as Leben is a tough bastard, but I have to root for wand anyway. I have watched alot of his training and sparring of late, he looks good, can't confess to know how Leben is going tho. I would be devestated if Wand lost, same as I was when Shogun was dismantled by Jones. Good card, I doubt it will be as good as the fight night card from Sunday though, it really had everything.

^ i love how Wand mentions the "technical sparring" then you see in the video
    they run around with each other playing horses or something
    hillarious, also good to see Shogun enjoying himself, hope he has a good win against Griffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hennessy88

This looks good!! Tito Ortiz...retire soon please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This card is insane, look at the undercard! Guillard v Roller, Sots v Dos Anjos, Bowles v Mizugaki, Njokuani v Winner......... all superb fights! Saturday night is gonna be crazy, Klitchki smashing Haye and then al these quality fights afterwards! Yes sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Think Bader will keeo it standing with Tito and will be the first one since Chuck to knock him out. Decent card the whole way through, not one fight on it that doesn't somewhat excite me. Particularly looking forward to seeing Anthony Njo....... hand Andre Winner his P45.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Dean09 wrote: »
    Also I'll be rooting for Cruz. I hope he kicks Faber right in his ass-chin.
    Somebody doesn't like Faber? :eek:

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Somebody doesn't like Faber? :eek:

:D
    Ah its not that I hate him or anything, I just like Cruz more.
    Faber is a great fighter and I do enjoy watching him fight. He just comes across as too much of a poster boy or salesman or something. He's like a walking advertisement and seems a bit fake.

Edit: And his ass-chin freaks me out too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

CALLLLIFORNIA LOOOOOOVE! Come on Urijah!

Awesome looking card from top to bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

As much as I look forward to Wand Vs Leben, and it will be a standup war. I think Cruz - Faber has FOTN written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Prelims will be live on www.ufc.tv from 1am NOT on ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Good, I'm looking forward to using the different mics for the corners during the prelims.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That_Guy wrote: »
    Prelims will be live on www.ufc.tv from 1am NOT on ESPN.

Not on ESPN? How come?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I assume it links into the spike thing Dana was talking about on the video with Ariel.

That countdown show isn't working for me.

Actually, while it's still early, can a mod put SPOILERS in the thread title please? I won't be watching it live myself but no point staying up til 5 in the morning without being able to chat with fellow boardsies how Tito got such a bating!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Bantamweight Championship bout: Urijah Faber
    Middleweight bout: Wanderlei Silva
    Light Heavyweight bout: Ryan Bader
    Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim
    Lightweight bout: Matt Wiman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Bantamweight Championship bout: Urijah Faber
    Middleweight bout: Wanderlei Silva
    Light Heavyweight bout: Ryan Bader
    Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim
    Lightweight bout: Matt Wiman

My picks are pretty similar except I have Siver beating Wiman

• Advertisement

Watching weigh ins live, tito trying to win fans with that cheesy bin laden tshirt and then trying to make bader flinch, only people he scares are helpless women! Wandy and Leben is gonna be some war, can't wait to see it!

Fight Ireland put up their betting guide

http://www.fightireland.com/2011/07/ufc-132-betting-guide-make-easy-money.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Might just have to spend a tenner on the below:
    The Hungry Bet: A €10 accumulator on Leben, Hougland, Mizugaki and Condit wins you €419.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fight Ireland put up their betting guide

http://www.fightireland.com/2011/07/ufc-132-betting-guide-make-easy-money.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Might just have to spend a tenner on the below:

Mizugaki ruins that

I was thinking the same, might change mizugaki to bader, see how much it changes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

callaway92 wrote: »
    Mizugaki ruins that

Not a chance. Bowles will be too good for him

^ ^

Yup definitely.

+ the fact that the other fights in the accum are basically 50/50's

I was thinking the same, might change mizugaki to bader, see how much it changes

changing Mizugaki to Bader will drastically change the accumlator.

same bet returns €140 or so.

Look, it really isn't worth wasting the tenner on it.

Hougland is a pretty large underdog too like.

I like the look of this treble in PP

Rafael Dos Anjos/George Sots + Condit vs Kim + Winner vs Njokuani all not to go the distance @ around 14/1

thats a huge difference, ah forget it. I just saw huge profit and wanted to throw my tenner at it :)

I read in the Films fourm by a mod you can edit the thread title yourself by going into advanced edit but that only seems to put a title in above a specific post. Is a mod still needed to edit the main thread title?

Cruz v Faber for FOTN is at 9/2

Melvin Guillard for KO of the night is at 6/1

Both bets could be worth a bet I think.

Also Bader by sub is at 10/1. Might be worth a tenner for fun. Tito has only ever been subbed twice but it could be worth a punt! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

I'm a huge Faber fan and I think you could argue his star power over the last few years is the reason we get to see the smaller weight classes in the UFC today but I think it's come just a bit too late for him. He has looked to be on the wane in his last few fights, his speed and explosiveness aren't quite what they once were. He's coming off his peak while Cruz is in the middle of his. I see Cruz taking a five round decision but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Some cracking fights early on aswell, Bowles v Mizugaki and Njokuani v Winner should be excellent.

Advertisement