Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 132 - July 2nd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Lets hope the teacher doesn't come in and break this up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Lets hope the teacher doesn't come in and break this up.

*snigger*

How are ye judging it so far? I'll go 1 a piece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

callaway92 wrote: »
    Cruz is truly the definition of "Pillow Hands"

But... But

chael20sonnen1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

2 knockdowns to faber in the 1st 2 rounds

so i got faber up by 2 rounds

It's not like boxing though, imo with the knock downs. It's 20-18 to Cruz atm. Could understand 19-19.

• Advertisement

SDTimeout wrote: »
    But... But

chael20sonnen1.jpg
    frankie edgar is not impressed

Speaking of Edgar, I'll give that round to Cruz since he's landing cleaner and more often

It's not like boxing though, imo with the knock downs. It's 20-18 to Cruz atm. Could understand 19-19.

you must be related to cecil peoples with that type of scoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I have Cruz one point up after round 3. Very close fight.

Some nice combos by Cruz to start the round, I'll give it to him despite the knockdown

• Advertisement

this is a toss up

fcuk knows what the judges say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Cruz has it!

DRAW.

nice takedown defence from Faber, but I don't think he landed enough to back it up, Cruz has it I think

I'm not sure if anyone noticed that bullsh!t. Not to mention one judge giving it 50-45 to Cruz but Fabers coach going and looking at Buffers scorecard. Ruined it by his reaction.

what a surprise

cruz is the new GSP/Fitch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

50-45 Cruz is disgraceful

I'm not sure if anyone noticed that bullsh!t. Not to mention one judge giving it 50-45 to Cruz but Fabers coach going and looking at Buffers scorecard. Ruined it by his reaction.

I noticed the hands on the head alright, didn't realise it was because of that though

I had that a draw if not 49-48 to Cruz but it was close.

Get these guys coaching the next TUF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Whoever give that 50-45 was being incredibly harsh on Faber.

Had Cruz by 1 point myself. Can't argue with the result. Great fight!

• Advertisement

Great night of fights, best card for a while imo

I had that a draw if not 49-48 to Cruz but it was close.

Get these guys coaching the next TUF.

na we need sonnen and wanderlei as coaches on tuf

these boys really hate each other. i havent watched it since penn and pulver were coaches but id defo watch chael and wand

You know Cruz and Faber hate each other if that's what you're looking for.

na i rather watch chael and wand

no offence to cruz and faber but i dont think anyone would be interested if they were tuf coaches

They were heavily tipped to be the coaches in place of Miller and Bisping only the fact they weren't really known. Would have been good exposure. The countdown to UFC really showed a lot of background detail that I didn't know about. I actually wouldn't like them on TUF now that i think of it because it would mean the rubber match would take even longer to get.

Best UFC I've ever watched.

They were heavily tipped to be the coaches in place of Miller and Bisping only the fact they weren't really known. Would have been good exposure. The countdown to UFC really showed a lot of background detail that I didn't know about. I actually wouldn't like them on TUF now that i think of it because it would mean the rubber match would take even longer to get.

Best UFC I've ever watched.

ah come on... UFC 92 in dublin was the best

Shogun,Hendo,Franklin,Coleman all on our doorstep....cant beat that!!

na but for finishes ufc 132 was great but check out ufc 79 with liddell vs wand...the best ufc ever

but it wouldnt even get in me top mma events....if you've seen Pride you'll know what i mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Great card!

Some HD videos from the site for anybody who wants them http://www.fightireland.com/2011/07/ufc-132-video-chris-leben-vs-wanderlei.html

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

50-45 is nuts. Faber knocked him down clean three or four times. Cruz's takedowns weren't really takedowns as he wasn't able to keep him there at all with Faber getting straight back up. They were more roll arounds than take downs. Really close fight, couldn't argue with it going either way but that kind of scoreline doesn't do it justice. Bring on the rematch. Great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

50-45 cruz was a disgrace.i dont know what that judge was lookin at.none of cruz takedowns scored points apart from in th first round as faber was back up th second he hit th floor.i had it 49-47 as i gave th 1st round a 10-10.the best ufc in years though couldnt have asked for much more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What a great f*cking card!!

50-45 was a complete joke! I agree with a rematch being needed but saying that, I really can't see anything different happening and we can look forward to more random points on the decision.

Disgusted Bader lost. Big fan of him since TUF 8, was really hoping he would work his way up the ladder. Everytime I see Tito, I hate him a small bit more and that grave digging thing was no exception!

Siver was very lucky altogether!

Condit, well what a KO!

Leben is a beast! Shame to see Wandy to go out like that, can't wait to see who Leben will be up against next.

That green bud light theme was horrible, get it rid UFC!

Actually want to see that film Bring the Boom - Kevin James fights in MMA at night bollix. Funny to hear Joe saying that KJ actually practices MMA, can't picture it!

UFC are spoiling us with these cards lately!

Advertisement