Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any body got any news on steam for linux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Khannie wrote: »
    May be just part of their bug reporting system. I would be very pleased if HL2 came to linux (as I already own it :)).
    but how can they fix a bug that is effecting a game , if the game dose not exist? Just saying if in the next week we hear of half life2 and day of defeat coming to linux, just remember , i told you lot first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

bpb101 wrote: »
    i done that and had zero problems.
    edit: however i havent done the update to 12.04.02 yet

Are you using 64bit?

matrim wrote: »
    Are you using 64bit?
    i am , and i done the update and now steam for linux isent working
    bollacks

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/0/864959809808921128/

Dota 2?
    http://gamingonlinux.com/articles/dota2-looks-to-be-coming-to-linux.1750

Also steam gave me a load of them as gifts so if somebody wants a copy give us a shout by pm or steam chat - the choice is yours

garry's mod which is coming to linux is on sale at a discount price of 75% making it 2.50

• Advertisement

final call on the steam for linux sale

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Beta released
    posted by alfred @ 10:44PM on February 21, 2013
    We have made Counter-Strike: Condition Zero available in Beta form on Linux, just go to your library list and double click the game to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Beta released
    posted by alfred @ 10:44PM on February 21, 2013
    We have made Counter-Strike: Condition Zero available in Beta form on Linux, just go to your library list and double click the game to install.

Its not in my library list? Any idea how to get it there?

shizz wrote: »
    Its not in my library list? Any idea how to get it there?
    it should be,
    give me a sec
    it should appear

The 2% barrier has been broke. Mint and other linux has been added as well
    My lovely break down stats screen shot is shown below

243482.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

^ That was quick.

Now lets make it to 10%

Ste_JDM wrote: »
    ^ That was quick.

Now lets make it to 10%
    ^soon my child, soon.

Call of duty on linux?
    Infinity ward are developing for the Piston. Some (although not mentioned in this article ) believe its on linux
    Im just reporting, dont shout at the messgaer if you dissagree

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/infinity-ward-developing-for-valve-backed-piston-pc-6404742

I shall pass on it. As much as it IS great news for the linux users to see triple AAA Titles making there way to us there is the fact that there is only so many time you can beat a horse until you realise.. **** son... this horse is dead.

I hope they sort out the 64bit package soon, I've been waiting for it before reinstalling as last time I had a load of problems with the 32bit libs.

I hope they sort out the 64bit package soon, I've been waiting for it before reinstalling as last time I had a load of problems with the 32bit libs.
    the flash problem is big. it's a supprised that they released it out of beta with such a big problem

^ expect them to remove the dependence on flash rather then fix it. All videos in the steam store are hosted by valve so they could trigger the move to <video><audio> tags. Their browser runs webkit so maybe the whole application might become a sudo web browser at heart.

^ expect them to remove the dependence on flash rather then fix it. All videos in the steam store are hosted by valve so they could trigger the move to <video><audio> tags. Their browser runs webkit so maybe the whole application might become a sudo web browser at heart.
    i think the whole thing is built on chrome. They might not fix it as they are planing a move from flash to a html 5 approach.

^ That was quick.

Now lets make it to 10%
    a good 2.4/2.5 % next month and i would be happy to be honest.
    I just dont want to see a drop. The only drop we saw was due to the update in the lts. which is acceptable because the market share for.2 went up. by just about the same amount

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Might not be the best place for this but humble bundle 5 was released yesterday and all the games are available for linux.

www.humblebundle.com
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/03/humble-bundle-for-android-5-launches-games-available-for-linux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Yeah, I was disappointed that the last few Humble Bundles failed to include Linux...

I wonder how it will fare, now that Linux gamers are no longer starved for games! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21677119

Prototypes of the steam box - 3~4 months
    Linux beta tester might get a look get asked maybe , hopefully , please :)

d31b0y wrote: »
    Might not be the best place for this but humble bundle 5 was released yesterday and all the games are available for linux.

www.humblebundle.com
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/03/humble-bundle-for-android-5-launches-games-available-for-linux
    i think the whole thing is built on chrome. They might not fix it as they are planing a move from flash to a html 5 approach.

Webkit == Chrome/Safari/Anyother iOS Browser. Default Android Browser and now... Opera.

Webkit == Chrome/Safari/Anyother iOS Browser. Default Android Browser and now... Opera.
    icon5.png:confused:??? what?

WebKit is the rendering engine that is used by Safari, Chrome, Android Browser and recently Opera moved to using WebKit too.

Mozilla based browsers use a rendering engine called gecko

WebKit is the rendering engine that is used by Safari, Chrome, Android Browser and recently Opera moved to using WebKit too.

Mozilla based browsers use a rendering engine called gecko
    oh okay.

Yeah sorry. I should have broken it down more.

Webkit (KHTML) was made by Apple, they open sourced sometime around Safari's release. Google adapted from it to create Chrome/chromium. And so followed a long trail of mimic browsers. Rockmelt being one. Opera had its own render engine Presto until now. Its moving to Webkit too.

Firefox uses Gecko and so does afew other browsers. IE uses Trident.. steam used to use it until they became multiplatform with OSX's release. no one elses uses now apart from Maxathon.

All very different engines that stand for very different things.

6 days.. no posts?

Come guys?
    partycat01.gif

6 days.. no posts?

Come guys?
    http://nedroid.com/imagesb/partycat01.gif

Sorry
    Nothing to post I check daily on my sources

• Advertisement