Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any body got any news on steam for linux

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Itzy wrote: »
    Am running Steam on a Fedora 20 VM at the moment, but when I get the money together, I might build a gaming machine with the latest Fedora. Any good games for Linux as of yet?

Metro: Last Light is the best game I've played on Linux so far, a truly excellent game. The Witcher 2 is available on Linux as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Am running Steam on a Fedora 20 VM at the moment, but when I get the money together, I might build a gaming machine with the latest Fedora. Any good games for Linux as of yet?

Here you go http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=&sort_by=_ASC&os=linux&page=1

Loads of good games there Don't Starve, Civilization 5 / Beyond Earth, Football Manager, Kerbal Space Program, Left 4 Dead, Portal 2, Borderlands 2 / The Pre Sequel, Goat Simulator :)

There will probably be a sale next month so it's probably best to wait until then to get most of your games.

Although if you're running in a VM I'm not sure how many you'll be able to play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The VM is for testing for the next while, so once I get a new machine, I'll be investing in a few. I hear Pay Day 2 is very good, but I'm not sure if I could play it on Linux. I'll have to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

The cable games are good.
    The steam machine should bring more, but I'm still ysibg windows due to a host of reasons.
    Payday 2 should be coming but I don't know if it was my machine , but it fealty very " clunky "

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm fierce slow off the mark on this one I know, but I see the likes of Smyths and PC World sell vouchers for Steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

I'm fierce slow off the mark on this one I know, but I see the likes of Smyths and PC World sell vouchers for Steam.
    Game stop sell them

Ah excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Cities in Motion, the transport simulation game is on sale from Steam at E5.99.
    Only a day or so left before the sale ends

Advertisement