Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any body got any news on steam for linux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Come on CSS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

Would love CSS and CSGO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Ste_JDM wrote: »
    Would love CSS and CSGO
    Personally I would have thought cs go would have came out first

There no mac port for cs 1,6 even, really shows gave commitment to Linux

Haven't played have life on decades. I was a tolldler the last time I played it

^ I still wonder when Valve will add Black Mesa to steam. It passed the greenlight but still nothing. Its built on source so I hope the community that built it will port it to mac/linux too.

• Advertisement

Yea
    I'm a prick

Just noticed Bastion is now on my Linux Library

Just noticed Bastion is now on my Linux Library
    Its should be "Missing Executable"- see the steam cdr/linux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

• Advertisement

239335.png

Is that horse meant to be me? Or is it congratulating me on clicking (which I didn't do since the URL told me everything I needed to know about what you linked to)?

Either way, I am highly offended. You internet rapscallion.
    bpb101 wrote: »
    IMG]

Interesting to see 1 % usage for something that's still in beta. Although, I imagine the stats are slightly skewed in that someone could have quite easily just tested the Linux beta for about 30 seconds and then went back to Win client.

Still, 1% of 6 million steady users is still a healthy figure.

Can we also assume that "other" will be mostly other Linux OS's? Probably not, but I would say it's a good portion.

d31b0y wrote: »

Interesting to see 1 % usage for something that's still in beta. Although, I imagine the stats are slightly skewed in that someone could have quite easily just tested the Linux beta for about 30 seconds and then went back to Win client.

Still, 1% of 6 million steady users is still a healthy figure.

Can we also assume that "other" will be mostly other Linux OS's? Probably not, but I would say it's a good portion.

no ,because this works both way , somebody could have been on ubuntu all day and was asked to test it the second he was in windows.
    If you are in windows and you say no to the survey , thats it goodbye , **** off -your not in it

NO- others is not other linuxs' as this "other" was there before linux. But it may be some people using arch and other. I would say mint is ubuntu for the propose of this along with kbuntu and others

Not about steam , but you shall forgive me -
    MS office port - 2014 possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

nope ...... not relevant!

nope ...... not relevant!
    ohhhh , ill find somebody to forgive me !!!!
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Who pays for this type of software anymore..

I mean I use LibreOffice and GoogleDocs regardless of platform.

Who pays for this type of software anymore..

I mean I use LibreOffice and GoogleDocs regardless of platform.
    same too- well i dont use docs
    but if i ever say to somebody to change to linux because the pc was f ucked the first thing they ask " can i get word"
    If you can say yes period it can only add to the linux count ... also with the games coming to linux too , it can only be a plus imo

I dont know if i posted this but here is a announcement by the steam for Linux group ( to which only admins can post )
    http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433699581/announcements/detail/1766803738387712627
    http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433699581/announcements/detail/1766803738391201366

• Advertisement

So heres alittle question.

What distro is everyone using here? I know Steam is supported for Ubuntu first and foremost but it seems every distro is running it by now.

well , i had 12.10 on my desktop but went back for 12.04 for stability. Use 12.10 on the netbook. And yourself?
    i peg you for a mint person.

Nope. Im a Ubuntu user since 9.04. Not liking where 12.10 went so I remain on 12.04. I have played around with mint and it is nice. Cinnamon is possibly one of the best DEs Ive tried. Just wondering what are others take on some Distros too in terms of steam. Kinda want to have a plan B if 13.04 onwards continues to move towards target adverts.

Nope. Im a Ubuntu user since 9.04. Not liking where 12.10 went so I remain on 12.04. I have played around with mint and it is nice. Cinnamon is possibly one of the best DEs Ive tried. Just wondering what are others take on some Distros too in terms of steam. Kinda want to have a plan B if 13.04 onwards continues to move towards target adverts.
    i think 9.04 was the first time i touched on linux in a big way . Put zenwalk on and was turned off , not knowing much about linux and because the pc i was using wasnt great at all. I hade'nt got enough ram on it to get mandriva. Then I went bold and put debian - drivers and alll annoyed me and i went to ubuntu not knowing much about it and stuck with it since. I followed and supported the unity change and i went on from there. Didnt like the online search idea in the dash. I find it is like it flooding me with results. Also , when you click on the dash and you search. I dont see why it limits you to only recent apps . I think it just over complicating having recent apps and files . I think it should just be 1 search there. Dont mind the other searches though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yes! I'm not a CS:S player myself, but it means other source games will be close behind. :)

Khannie wrote: »
    Yes! I'm not a CS:S player myself, but it means other source games will be close behind. :)

Am I on everybodys ignore list? :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

LOL! I didn't read that far down. :)

oh **** , i read that and thought you meant counter strike 1.6
    hahah
    only when somebody below quoted both , im noticing :pac:

edit: **** , didnt even noticed that your the one bringing it to our attention

• Advertisement

CS pack 50% off. Or Buy GO at half price on its own. Worth the investment. I would say it lightly to come to linux within the month.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

sales ends at 10am Monday pacific time

Advertisement