Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Changed the starter motor on the avensis, forgot what a bastard of a job it was, added to that i was doing it in the dark

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

New tyres... Two for 60 euroooss..

421146_10151294928265176_805400175_23176140_291764866_n.jpg

were did you get them for euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

tyreland?

well this was what i was at today, much better than college on a nice day!

rr1btg.jpg

2qvw0a8.jpg

mb1krd.jpg

500k hids, couldnt put them in reflectors with you lot! :)

bg1qop.jpg

saxeme.jpg

i know many of you wont like them seeing as how its not a beemer but i only got them for the projector lights and i actually think the angel eyes really suit the car so im :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

^^odd tyres on the front....tut tut:D

i had never noticed that before!! thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Refitted the recon starter to the Avensis today, went in a lot handier than it came out.

big up to Christy Madden in Limerick for having it done in 3 hours and only charging €70 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My new mats arrived today. They're smashing and really lift the interior again.

Is it wrong that I have the old mats on top of them to keep them clean? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

No its not wrong, but you are jewish

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

My new mats arrived today. They're smashing and really lift the interior again.

Is it wrong that I have the old mats on top of them to keep them clean? :o

Its a dilemma alright! You don't want to dirty the carpet, you don't want to dirty the shiny new matts and you don't want to cover the shiny new matts with manky matts!

Actually whats the best way to clean carpet matts? i always give them a good hoover but is there a way to wash them?

shblob wrote: »
    No its not wrong, but you are jewish

I'm at a loss as to what that means haha

OK, let me explain. We recently got a few tonnes of gravel/stones delivered to cover the driveway at home. This has white dust crap all over it and since the mats are new and black, I would rather not have it on them.

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »
    Its a dilemma alright! You don't want to dirty the carpet, you don't want to dirty the shiny new matts and you don't want to cover the shiny new matts with manky matts!

Actually whats the best way to clean carpet matts? i always give them a good hoover but is there a way to wash them?

Nah, the old mats are actually very clean too and are on top of the new ones!

Hoovering mats is ok but if you really want to clean them, you'll need a wet & dry vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Got the car almost completely sideways in the centre of galway lastnight...

Here's the funny part. Was completely unintentional, wasn't going over 15km/h and it was a right turn onto a road... must be absolutely ****e surfacing

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Got the car almost completely sideways in the centre of galway lastnight...

Here's the funny part. Was completely unintentional, wasn't going over 15km/h and it was a right turn onto a road... must be absolutely ****e surfacing

diesel or some similar gik on the road id say, or sh1te tyres.. :p

conzymaher wrote: »
    diesel or some similar gik on the road id say, or sh1te tyres.. :p

There's a few very badly surfaced areas around galway though, there's one down by the docks that IIRC ottostreet in the MR2 nearly got caught with before, there's another one up near my college house... so it wouldn't surprise me if it was actually the surfacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Lots of lovely shiney new parts. :D

parts.jpg

No wonder these cars weigh so damn much, centre link alone is about 5kg.

I'm at a loss as to what that means haha

OK, let me explain. We recently got a few tonnes of gravel/stones delivered to cover the driveway at home. This has white dust crap all over it and since the mats are new and black, I would rather not have it on them.

Jewish means....tight money wise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Lots of lovely shiney new parts. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/voodoomelon/parts.jpg

No wonder these cars weigh so damn much, centre link alone is about 5kg.

Couple of mates of mine are stripping out an 8er to use in endurance racing, sweet holy jebus the weight of some of the stuff, the doorcards alone must weigh more than my Honda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Was completely unintentional,...

Yeah right thats what they all say! Ah its happened to me once or twice can be a bit scary when your not expecting it!

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Yeah right thats what they all say! Ah its happened to me once or twice can be a bit scary when your not expecting it!

Yeah, on those few times you can be glad of the traction control / DSC...

Yeah, on those few times you can be glad of the traction control / DSC...

What are these luxuries you speak of :D

• Advertisement

mrs crilly wrote: »
    What are these luxuries you speak of :D

I was assuming you were on about the e46 not the auld yoke :p

I was assuming you were on about the e46 not the auld yoke :p

Ask JURRR on driver where the traction control button on the e30 is and watch him cringe. Poor fella will never live that one down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

There's a few very badly surfaced areas around galway though, there's one down by the docks that IIRC ottostreet in the MR2 nearly got caught with before, there's another one up near my college house... so it wouldn't surprise me if it was actually the surfacing.

Eringobragh. Wouldn't catch me making driving errors :)

Also, I'm never in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

ottostreet wrote: »
    Eringobragh. Wouldn't catch me making driving errors :)

Also, I'm never in Galway

Careful now...you could be eating humble pie before you know it ;)

...That particular spot I hit is lethal..i'm told anything will slide there!

...in other news, I've wired my car alarm successfully to send me a text message / call me when Its been set off..very impressed with the job :)

I've spun the 2...my first day driving it (lashing rain), just put the foot down a little too much pulling onto a main road with no cars around...couldnt catch it.

Then remembered I was in a RWD, and have been fine since.

I've spun the 2...my first day driving it (lashing rain), just put the foot down a little too much pulling onto a main road with no cars around...couldnt catch it.

Then remembered I was in a RWD, and have been fine since.

I had 195s on the rear when that video was recorded...I've since changed to 225s the grip is mles better.

I had 195s on the rear when that video was recorded...I've since changed to 225s the grip is mles better.

I'm on the original wheels, so whatever width they are! Looking around for a good wide set of alloys in 16/17, so if you know of any that are nice!

I'm on the original wheels, so whatever width they are! Looking around for a good wide set of alloys in 16/17, so if you know of any that are nice!

I'm on the original rev5s..but I'd check your tyre width..factory it shoudbe 195 on the front and 225s on the back...for better grip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I don't know when to stop :pac:

Image1875.jpg

Image1872.jpg

I am changing my manifold when I get the time
    Image1878.jpg

Straightened my shítty bent arch :)
    Image1877.jpg

Dug these out too
    Image1879.jpg

Image1880.jpg