Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jewish means....tight money wise :)

I know that, what I meant to say was how does it apply to me given the circumstances!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I know that, what I meant to say was how does it apply to me given the circumstances!

Fixed that for you:

I know that, what I meant to say was how does it apply to me given the circumcision! :pac:

Fixed that for you:

I know that, what I meant to say was how does it apply to me given the circumcision! :pac:

Haha could I have chosen a worse word in a worse situation? I think not! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

out with the old

DSC_0112.jpg

in with the new

DSC_0115.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

said id try out the super resin polish today. dont know why cos it'll be covered by the time i get to Portlaoise tomorrow.

72y5vr.jpg

naryt.jpg

• Advertisement

said id try out the super resin polish today. dont know why cos it'll be covered by the time i get to Portlaoise tomorrow.
    Its blowing snow here in laois at this time:eek: every time I go out to wash the car it starts raining or snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

...in other news, I've wired my car alarm successfully to send me a text message / call me when Its been set off..very impressed with the job :)

Well I was going to wire in the auto up window module but there is ALOT of work involved I'm going to wait until I get the electric folding mirrors and tackle both at the same time.

Everything is soldered, wrapped and back together in the car now..I couldn't get the call function working and I figured it out..it was timing out on the o2 low credit warning

Heres a video of it in action: call & sms kicks in after 3 seconds: (Please excuse "the Blair witch project" style filming:pac:)

sean1141 wrote: »
    Its blowing snow here in laois at this time:eek: every time I go out to wash the car it starts raining or snowing

and now the sun is shining! whats the bets it will be raining again im set up to wash the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

and now the sun is shining! whats the bets it will be raining again im set up to wash the car!

Murphy's Law..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'm just hoping mine will start in 20 minutes. Battery was flat yesterday. Jumped it and gave it a good drive, but there's no one here to jump off if it doesn't and I have to go to work :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Changed my pollen filter today after 2 years of wondering where it was.

My starting problem is finally behind me, with starter reconditioned and new fuel filter housing fitted, hose clips put anywhere that has spring clips just to be safe.

Now to NCT and sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

colm_mcm wrote: »

Now to NCT and sell it.

What you buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It changes daily.

It'll be petrol anyway

with leather

No bigger than 2.0

And probably turbocharged.

thought process:

Opel Omega>Saab 9-5>Saab 9-3>Lexus IS>Volvo S60>Saab 9-5>Rover 75>volvo S60

It kinda goes around in circles like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I'm just hoping mine will start in 20 minutes. Battery was flat yesterday. Jumped it and gave it a good drive, but there's no one here to jump off if it doesn't and I have to go to work :eek:

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I washed mine before I left work today.....then it bucketed rain and snow on the way home:rolleyes:

Got two part-worn tyres from tyreland fitted today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

out with the old

DSC_0112.jpg

in with the new

DSC_0115.jpg

I'm not bein an arse, really not, but whats new? Is the old leather green and the new is black?

I'm not bein an arse, really not, but whats new? Is the old leather green and the new is black?

..the actual seats are different :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The new ones are Recaros :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Did a bit of work on a buddys 'Stang today:
    18022012558.jpg
    18022012555.jpg
    18022012554.jpg
    18022012553.jpg
    18022012552.jpg
    18022012551.jpg
    18022012545.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

RoverJames wrote: »
    Gary ITR wrote: »

Ah yes, didn't spot the seat bottom differences. :)

I knew someone would ask what the differance was:D:p
    It always looks green in pictures for some reason.
    Gary ITR wrote: »

Just me being a fussy sod. I never liked the rear bench from the S3 so when these poped up I decided to go for them. Costing me very little to change so why not!
    Ah yes, didn't spot the seat bottom differences. :)

Yes there are a little more buckety (if thats a word) than the others. They also have 3 rear headrests and the center belt is a 3 point instead of the lap belt that was on the others..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Sorted my arch in a previous post so it needed testing. No rubbing, perfect :)
    Image1883.jpg

New commercial tyres fitted too :)
    Image1884.jpg

It needs a bit of work still before it can go back on the road, next on the to do list is that awful back bumper, change the bean can exhaust and sort out that shítty panel job. There are some awful orangutans allowed to work on cars out there :mad:

.... is that the Bravo you rebuilt from scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

.... is that the Bravo you rebuilt from scratch?

One of them but this is the one I do harp on about. There were a few bits left to do and sorting the back was one of them. Bit difficult to get at that part of the car with the dozer... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

423779_10151312387685176_805400175_23229760_1285752247_n.jpg

^

Teasing ba$tard!

Graphite grey or something along those lines?

Hope you're happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

To be very honest, i don't actually know what colour it is. i gave him grey paint, but it looks very brownie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

@LM is that Dolphin Grey colour? Looks great regardless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Looks nearly like my old MkIV Golf colour in that photo...

That was Metallic Blue Anthracite...

img0563uo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement