Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Brought my Yaris into the 21st century with a new stereo. The original radio gave up the ghost. Could do with a replacement panel so I could dump the old radio.
    Next on the shopping list, remote central locking!
    picture.php?albumid=1964&pictureid=11658

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

mrs crilly wrote: »
    They are adjustable but to be fair its quite rare i carry passengers so do i really want to raise it for that occasion? What ya mean by stiffening it? Like the car can be harsh on rough roads so would that not mean its stiff already?

Strip out the rear seats, then you can't carry anyone :D

Problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

Cleaned the bollox outta the van back and front :D the outside will be done next weekend ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Went mudding... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Brought my Yaris into the 21st century with a new stereo. The original radio gave up the ghost. Could do with a replacement panel so I could dump the old radio.
    Next on the shopping list, remote central locking!
    picture.php?albumid=1964&pictureid=11658

That's more 20th century!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

anything is better than a tape deck!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Tape deck and a €2 tape / mp3 connector from the local €2 shop. Cheapest car audio set up ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

mrs crilly wrote: »

Tape deck and a €2 tape / mp3 connector from the local €2 shop. Cheapest car audio set up ever!

Plays mono though. Sound quality is bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Got under the Esty to determine that the loud chatter at idle eminates from the gearbox. Sounds like a bearing, main shaft or release maybe.

Haven't dropped a gearbox before.

Apparently its a 2 man job ? (AWD with transfer case)

Is this a job that one can leave or would there be a bit of urgency? Can these bearings totally fail causing damage?

Noise is pretty bad and been like that for a while now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My new gearknob arrived this morning.

Mike Brewer is right, a nice shiney gearknob does lift the interior for some reason.

Next thing for the interior is embroidered mats :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Spent all afternoon on Saturday cleaning the car, it's already filthy again :mad:

E39MSport wrote: »

Is this a job that one can leave or would there be a bit of urgency? Can these bearings totally fail causing damage? ............... ...

Most gearbox failures are due to bearings, could go anytime if it's that noisy, could go thousands more miles too, can't really quantify how long is left in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Today I gave my car to someone else to service a few things on it....

Strolling around Dublin city bored out of my hole waiting for my baby back !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Went to change the brake fluid and change a track rod end on the wife's focus today when the feckin security wheel nut opener thing broke so have no way of taking off the wheels until I order a new one from Ford. ...............

Went to Finlays in Naas on Saturday and thankfully they had a socket that opened the security nuts. I told them to put ordinary nuts on it for now.

Cost me €45 and was waiting about 4 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

dar83 wrote: »
    You're ruining our group-buy fitting discount I know Nissan Doctor would have given us! :pac:

So selfish... :P

Could still be arranged;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Could still be arranged;)
    So you'll do them all at the meet yeah? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Strolling around Dublin city bored out of my hole waiting for my baby back !

That does my head on too :D would happily watch on, or even jump in and give a hand !!:D Rather than 'kill time' in town.

I have college exams today, so naturally I stayed out in the garage and tested my "new" shocks, then cleaned them up and painted them till past midnight. Therapeutic :pac:

Helped assemble a bottom end too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I discovered today that my high compression pistons have been binned accidently.

Not a happy bunny, Nobody's fault but my own, I left them somewhere silly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Plays mono though. Sound quality is bad

Ya think? I had one in my old Seat Leon thought it was grand. That car actually had a great sound system in it i miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I discovered today that my high compression pistons have been binned accidently.

Not a happy bunny, Nobody's fault but my own, I left them somewhere silly

What a sickner :o

So you'll do them all at the meet yeah? :pac:

If only I was going:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

If only I was going:(

We could just have another one the next weekend at Atlas. ;)

You could do all the discounted work then and make us tea while we wait. :D

dar83 wrote: »
    We could just have another one the next weekend at Atlas. ;)

You could do all the discounted work then and make us tea while we wait. :D

Do the work and make the tea?:eek::D

More mudding was conducted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Do the work and make the tea?:eek::D

Yep, it's all part of your discount deal, didn't you know?! :rolleyes: :pac:

vectra wrote: »
    What a sickner :o

Indeed... My baffled sump is also missing. On the other hand I got a Neptune Demon ECU for free so all in all I'm quids in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Indeed... My baffled sump is also missing. On the other hand I got a Neptune Demon ECU for free so all in all I'm quids in :D

How the Fekk did anyone dump all those parts..!!

ECU sort of makes up for it alright :D

vectra wrote: »
    How the Fekk did anyone dump all those parts..!!

ECU sort of makes up for it alright :D

Well the garage in it's current guise has ceased trading, I'm going to be retailing parts still but mostly through the soon to be launced website

Our rent was too high and we were in a terrible location so Mick has decided to retire the lucky sod :D So the garage has been getting cleared the last couple of weeks and some of my stuff unfortunately got mixed in with the scrap. I was undecided about using those pistons again anyway so my mind has just been made up for me. I'm going Eagle Rods, Ross Racing Pistons this time

The ECU is for the Civic, we had planned to borrow mine but now that doesn't need to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Today I had a Parrot MKi9200 installed. Great for playin the moosic from the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement