Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I knew he'd come through with a group buy price that was good! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Gary ITR wrote: »
    When is she going in LM?

Tomorrow or Monday.

I have to strip it myself first, have to take the bloody roof lining out again to take off the roof rails :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Tomorrow or Monday.

I have to strip it myself first, have to take the bloody roof lining out again to take off the roof rails :(

Question - why are you putting so much effort and money into a car that has such high milage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

the paintjob is costing 70quid is it?

Question - why are you putting so much effort and money into a car that has such high milage?

What's mileage got to do with anything? Lol, I like it.
    the paintjob is costing 70quid is it?

Lol! I wish!

Edit: I should say, the way I see it, the car is absolutely worthless in primer. I can still see it fecking around the 2k mark when it's painted. It's still 01 and it's nct'd for a year at the end of the day. My wheels, seats and steering wheel alone are worth over the grand mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 1stGear

I agree with limerick man, the yellow sludge is a result of condensation in the engine and is quite normal.

I have talked to a few mechanics & they all say the same. If the sludge was a grey colour sludge then that could be the head gasket leaking.

The first time I saw this on my car it had done 30,000kms the car has now done 183,000kms and no problems at all. Just make sure you keep to the service schedule on oil changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i thought i read it was costing you 70 LM? or was that the primer job?

After waiting a long time for a dry day and dry roads, I finally got around to waxing the car properly.

First the car was washed, wet-waxed, driven to get water out of crevices then waxed with Megs NXT wax.

Then I hoovered the interior, polished the dash, cleaned the leather and gave it some care cream.

Fook me I'm tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

After waiting a long time for a dry day and dry roads, I finally got around to waxing the car properly.

First the car was washed, wet-waxed, driven to get water out of crevices then waxed with Megs NXT wax.

Then I hoovered the interior, polished the dash, cleaned the leather and gave it some care cream.

Fook me I'm tired!

Pics or GTFO...:D I want to see this MPS..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Fook me I'm tired!

And that's why I drive an ex-mammy wagon CMax, it has more dents and scratches than the Mad Max mobile, so waxing and polishing it is pointless, so I can watch telly and have another beer!;)

I managed to get some mp3's onto a reluctant 8gig microSD card, installed it in my new phone and now have the perfect mp3 player for my car!
    No more lugging heavy CD wallets to and from the car.

ufox543s0e.jpg

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO...:D I want to see this MPS..

Doubt I'll get a good pic at this hour! It's at post 2173 here
    And that's why I drive an ex-mammy wagon CMax, it has more dents and scratches than the Mad Max mobile, so waxing and polishing it is pointless, so I can watch telly and have another beer!;)

I managed to get some mp3's onto a reluctant 8gig microSD card, installed it in my new phone and now have the perfect mp3 player for my car!
    No more lugging heavy CD wallets to and from the car.

I don't bother with MP3s in the car. I make compilation CDs every so often instead. Make 6 of them and you have music for months!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I don't bother with MP3s in the car. I make compilation CDs every so often instead. Make 6 of them and you have music for months!

It got just too bothersome and I never have any blank CD's about the place.
    I got an AUX cable for the radio, the phone has an earphone socket, so it just plugs straight in. I have an 8 gig memory card for the phone, the phone plugs straight into the PC via USB and I just drag'n'drop whatever albums I want onto it.
    This weekend I am on a major CD ripping session, but a lot of the stuff I want is on vinyl, so that is recording away in the background too.
    Good thing is that I only have to do this once, unless my HDD dies.
    I should really think about backup, but if I got a second TB drive, I'd just fill that with junk too!:D
    The phone actually has a very decent mp3 player built in, so I'm hoping to be sorted for a good while after this, when driving home (takes an hour) I have the choice between Hook, Cooper, Spin and 4FM, the rest doesn't even bear thinking about, no thanks, next week will be mostly P-Funk and Parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Can't beat an sdhc card

Fine looking machine man, black really suits it, I'd say she loves a bit of petrol though..:eek::D

Fine looking machine man, black really suits it, I'd say she loves a bit of petrol though..:eek::D

They do unreal SPG!

They do unreal SPG!

Oh I'd say so right up there on the smile-ometer...(this is assuming that SPG means smiles per gallon otherwise this is awfully embarassing):D

vectra wrote: »
    Can't beat an sdhc card

True and I might just get something set up when I have the money. A lot of things on the list before that happens though!

As far as I know, there's a module that I have to buy for the HU to be able to use my phone's mp3 player. Haven't done much research though.

Cheers! It's a rare enough car and the black is even rarer :D

It's not too bad on petrol. I had an RX8 before it so anything would be good on petrol compared to that!
    Oh I'd say so right up there on the smile-ometer...(this is assuming that SPG means smiles per gallon otherwise this is awfully embarassing):D

You're right ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Got new 2nd hand shocks... A full set so I'm not going to argue. Recycling at its finest :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Well tonight i discovered that its impossible to get out of Bunclody with 4 passengers and two
    crates of beer. I couldnt even get out of my
    sisters garden the exhaust was scraping off the
    ground! Thankfully my Dad was leaving at the
    same time so i got rid of 3 of them and kept the beer. I think its time to find a more practical car or else raise her up a bit.

Passengers are for sensible cars! :P

;)

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »

;)

I left a good chunk of my tyre on the arch or my previous mark 4 carrying two people in the back.

Twas nice n' low n' shiney. Can't wait to be able to polish my car again :D

37580_10150229045405176_805400175_13916713_3435935_n.jpg

dar83 wrote: »

;)

They were all fairly pissed as well so they thought it was hilarious. Me being sober didnt! I got underneath the car with a light while they were all in it and there was only about 10 / 15 cm clearance from the middle part of the exhaust to the ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I just got sent a video of mine, she's a wee bit smokey still but that's to be expected with the type of ring we used. It seems every time I'm lacking in motivation with my build a video or pic pops up that lights the fire in my belly.

That Civic which was doing the recording is a savage car too, he was running slick tyres, race spec suspension, full Buddyclub exhaust, tuned on Hondata etc etc and a good pilot too

I know the feeling. I parked outside a pub during the week, up on a section of the path that is used for parking (in Killester if people know it). There's a nice lower bit of curb to one end, which I used to get up the curb, obviously. But when I came back out a nice couple of taxi drivers had parked up on the path as well, in front of the parked cars...

They just sat there looking having a chat with each other and wouldn't move, so I had to do a nice diagonal inch by inch drop off a large curb. Not impressed, was just waiting for the scraping sound but managed to angle it correctly. :)

Dar i cant go up on any kerbs even if i dont have anybody in the car. There are also some speed bumps in Bray that are no go for me too when i go out to visit the folks, they are a bloody nuisance!

Yeah I'm worried about that if I fit the Eibachs. They don't lower it much (20mm front, 25mm rear) but there are speed bumps practically surrounding any way home for me and at the moment there are two roads that have those four square bumps dotted across the road that most cars just drive over as they're just about not as wide as the axle, but I already have to slow down and take them normally with one wheel on each so I don't remove the underside of my car. :(

No speed bumps where i am thank god! I have Vmax coilovers. Have not idea how much its lowered by as they were on the car when i got them.

Are they fully adjustable coilovers? You could higher the car or stiffen it

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Are they fully adjustable coilovers? You could higher the car or stiffen it

They are adjustable but to be fair its quite rare i carry passengers so do i really want to raise it for that occasion? What ya mean by stiffening it? Like the car can be harsh on rough roads so would that not mean its stiff already?

• Advertisement

mrs crilly wrote: »
    They are adjustable but to be fair its quite rare i carry passengers so do i really want to raise it for that occasion? What ya mean by stiffening it? Like the car can be harsh on rough roads so would that not mean its stiff already?

Well I don't know what they're set to or even if they are fully adjustable or not, if you already find it harsh though then leave them alone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement