Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

RX7?

CR-X

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

stimpson wrote: »
    CR-X

Hahah my apologies! Any time i hear "Rex" I always think mazda. That along with the fact that the engine in the RX7 was 16B and in the RX8 is Renesis 16B. Quite similar to your one!

dar83 wrote: »
    Possibly 4. :D

Possibly 3 - I've decided to go with H&Rs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 1stGear

I used waterless car cleaner today amazing stuff even take the tar off with no effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wow, where did you get this new fangled technology?

• Advertisement

1stGear wrote: »
    I used waterless car cleaner today amazing stuff even take the tar off with no effort.

Good for you! You're on a motors forum. Us folk know how to clean a car properly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Possibly 3 - I've decided to go with H&Rs :D

You're ruining our group-buy fitting discount I know Nissan Doctor would have given us! :pac:

So selfish... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dar83 wrote: »
    You're ruining our group-buy fitting discount I know Nissan Doctor would have given us! :pac:

So selfish... :P

Ah he still needs them fitted :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Just the stock B16A. I'm not sure I like where this is going :)

I was just asking, the stock B16A is a good motor, in fact we're running a B16A, albeit with ITR Cams, valves and springs and we expect it to make good power.

RX7?

Gary - I know we kind of had a deal regarding the springs but I'll be getting them done locally. Will get the braided brake lines and pads from you when I have the cash ;)

Give me a shout when you're looking for those bits and I'll look after you, even if you have fitting sorted elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Colour is chosen, Raven blue.

used_0_volkswagen_transporter_for_sale_94203465687045489.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Nice. That's lovely. :)

When is she going in LM?

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I was just asking, the stock B16A is a good motor, in fact we're running a B16A, albeit with ITR Cams, valves and springs and we expect it to make good power.

I'm sure it will. I've seen impressive gains with better breathing and more lift and at the end if the day, if you can keep the weight down you'll be quicker in the bends. A mate has a Rex with a B18C swap and it's stupidly quick but all that weight over the front wheels can't be good for handling. I'd live to get an ODBC1 loom and get a bit of tune on it, but I've spent far too much on cars over the past 6 months...

I'm sure it will. I've seen impressive gains with better breathing and more lift and at the end if the day, if you can keep the weight down you'll be quicker in the bends. A mate has a Rex with a B18C swap and it's stupidly quick but all that weight over the front wheels can't be good for handling. I'd live to get an ODBC1 loom and get a bit of tune on it, but I've spent far too much on cars over the past 6 months...

You would need an adaptor harness, ECU and a tune. Barry Rabbitt drove a CRX with a B18 in the ITCC this year, it was a very quick little beast

The B series react really well to breathing mods, with a different exhaust system and ITG airbox and a Demon ECU I was up 50bhp at 6000rpm

You would need an adaptor harness, ECU and a tune. Barry Rabbitt drove a CRX with a B18 in the ITCC this year, it was a very quick little beast

The B series react really well to breathing mods, with a different exhaust system and ITG airbox and a Demon ECU I was up 50bhp at 6000rpm

Yeah, I've been looking into it. I have a socketed PW0 ecu in the garage that I bought before Doing my research. Never even got around to fitting it. Maybe later in the year if money isn't too tight I might look into it.

Jesus that's a bit mental for a small NA engine. What's the teg stock - 160bhp?

Yeah, I've been looking into it. I have a socketed PW0 ecu in the garage that I bought before Doing my research. Never even got around to fitting it. Maybe later in the year if money isn't too tight I might look into it.

Jesus that's a bit mental for a small NA engine. What's the teg stock - 160bhp?

Any advice I can give on tuning just ask, I've been there and done it :)

Stock figure on the dyno was 170. Peak power I was up into the late 180's but it was the middle of the graph that was the biggest difference, it was 'U' shaped, it turned into an 'n' shape

On the subject of power to weight, this was the quickest VTEC I have been in. 190bhp and 650kg

DSCN1165.jpg

I have a picture of that car from Terenure a few years ago.

It's a nice car alright, although I'd be sceptical of those power figures

very nice hot air intake going on there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just bought a ski hatch from a 750. I have never, nor will I ever, ski.

• Advertisement

Not even Jet-ski? :P

jet-ski-hatch-back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Haha, I dont think thats factory...

I have a picture of that car from Terenure a few years ago.

It's a nice car alright, although I'd be sceptical of those power figures

It's a B16B CTR engine. We did some rolling starts on the way down to Portlaoise and it literally left me standing. Bat**** mental car.

very nice hot air intake going on there :pac:

There was literally no room to put it anywhere else.

Give me a shout when you're looking for those bits and I'll look after you, even if you have fitting sorted elsewhere

Cheers bud, will do!

It's a B16B CTR engine. We did some rolling starts on the way down to Portlaoise and it literally left me standing. Bat**** mental car.

I'd say it's stupid quick alright. Motorbike quick :D
    There was literally no room to put it anywhere else.

That's really all you can do with them in the B-Series mini conversions. Pity really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Hahah my apologies! Any time i hear "Rex" I always think mazda. That along with the fact that the engine in the RX7 was 16B and in the RX8 is Renesis 16B. Quite similar to your one!

13B :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

How much would you charge? Eh eh? :D

For boardies.....€400......+ alignment:P

13B :)

Ah ****! Shows you how much I miss it :(

• Advertisement

For boardies.....€400......+ alignment:P

€400 for an unlimited number of boardies is quite good :D

This discussion has been closed.