Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Sorted a slow puncture!
    Image1725.jpg
    Image1728.jpg
    Image1730.jpg
    Image17311.jpg

Then I cleaned up my rear bench :)
    Image1726.jpg
    Image1727.jpg
    Image1732.jpg
    Image1733.jpg
    Image1734.jpg

Looks and smells much better :)

What am I doing later? Working on a W126 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Discovered I'm getting 25mpg after a lots of hard accelerating - not bad tbh. Going easy on the next tank. VAGCOM/EML327 cable on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Washed santas sleigh today.. went on the Pi$$ then.. Just home now to get some Zzzzz's and out again tomorrow on another booze up :)

Happy Christmas guys and girlies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Well, it's a couple of days since, but Christmas Eve was the day I gave my car it's early present...

It's snowing!
    img0632r.jpg

After wash...
    img0635a.jpg

After Polish...
    img0641e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

gave my car a good scrubbing this morning with all that fecking country muck all over it.

also gave a good hoovering !

while i was at it i even took off the reg plates and took off the dealer surroundings !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Would love to have a snow foam.....however it's impossible for me seeing as I live in an apartment block :(

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Now this is snow foam :)

419d0c09.jpg

BDJW wrote: »
    Would love to have a snow foam.....however it's impossible for me seeing as I live in an apartment block :(

Yeah, it can be interesting with the pressure washer. The wind was just starting to build up on Saturday and a few strong gusts meant the front of the house got a bit of foaming as well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Do you guys just snowfoam the car, then rinse and have it clean or do you wash it as normal afterwards?

If I'm just giving it a quick then foam and rinse will do as I clean her every week so she doesn't get too bad but if I'm going to polish her then I will hand wash her after rinsing the foam off then towel dry etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Do you guys just snowfoam the car, then rinse and have it clean or do you wash it as normal afterwards?

It would depend on how dirty the car is. If its really bad then the foam and power washer wouldn't get the heavy stuff off.

Water rinse -> Snow foam -> water rinse -> hand wash -> hand dry -> polish -> buff.

That was the most recent wash, but the car was only washed once since the start of November, so it was quite dirty and needed it.
    As has been said, if you do it every week you probably only need to snow foam and rinse it. :)

When you live in the country and your car looks like this a week after its been washed then you defiantly need more then just some snow foam.:eek:

DSCF8947.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

When you live in the country and your car looks like this a week after its been washed then you defiantly need more then just some snow foam.:eek:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/RPMotors/DSCF8947.jpg

If I had that it would never be that dirty :cool:

vectra wrote: »
    If I had that it would never be that dirty :cool:

You'd want to be washing it every evening after work at this time of year up my way so.

I used to wash the skyline every week but the astra I'm in now hadn't been washed in about a month and I spent half an hour with the power washer on christmas eve just getting all the muck and sh1te out from the wheel arches...before I even started on the body:eek:

beautiful machine you have there doc.

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    beautiful machine you have there doc.

Its gone now:(

sad times i bet :(

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    sad times i bet :(

Nah, Sure I replaced it with an astra diesel:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

e38e39.jpg

After a wash, eyeing up the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Went to change the brake fluid and change a track rod end on the wife's focus today when the feckin security wheel nut opener thing broke so have no way of taking off the wheels until I order a new one from Ford. :(

Will probably have to pay a fortune for it too.

Helped the brother put new pistons and shoes on the rear of his laguna and bled his brakes so got something done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

In the process of changing my clutch slave cylinder :)

So naturally it's an engine out job :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Went to change the brake fluid and change a track rod end on the wife's focus today when the feckin security wheel nut opener thing broke so have no way of taking off the wheels until I order a new one from Ford. :(

Will probably have to pay a fortune for it too.

Helped the brother put new pistons and shoes on the rear of his laguna and bled his brakes so got something done.

Get a socket a teeny bit bigger and bate it over it :P

If its the factory fitted Ford lock nut(mcgard) then that won't work:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/voodoomelon/e38e39.jpg

After a wash, eyeing up the competition.

If one photoshopped the Fabia and Jetta outta that picture twud be a million times nicer. Fantastic photo as is, though.
    If its the factory fitted Ford lock nut(mcguard) then that won't work:(

A hammer solves all, as a mechanic you should know that!

If its the factory fitted Ford lock nut(mcguard) then that won't work:(

Its the factory fitted one, as round as can be so no socket will open it. All I have to do is wait and be raped by Ford Ireland.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

You could drill it and use an easy out

da70.jpg

You would pick one up cheap in a hardware shop

I've four wheel nuts to take off. Your more than welcome to come drill them and re-thread it if you want......but I'll pass!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

:p It would depend on how hard the steel is. Could only take 10 minutes per corner. or an hour and a box of drill bits per corner..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Its the factory fitted one, as round as can be so no socket will open it. All I have to do is wait and be raped by Ford Ireland.

You got a pic of it?I might have a Ford lock nut which might work which is of no use to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement