Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Confab wrote: »
    Exposing my ignorance here, but what's an ST? If it takes the mighty torque of a Focus ST to get it off then I'm rightly fecked.

You're in Raheny right? I'm only down the road, we could strap that wheel to the back of my ST and see how it goes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Ah yes, I see it now. Correct.

Sorry for delay, yeh as hawkeye 166 spotted its a Laguna II. one the works which is a bonus. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

My Polo survived the 270 miles today up and down to belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just washed the car, at 10pm, in the dark, in the rain. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Just washed the car, at 10pm, in the dark, in the rain. :)

Now thats what i call dedication. Had to do my own yesterday i couldnt look at it any longer. Now i wish i hadnt my wheels are in bits from the salt. May get the metal polish out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Salt is a bitch alright.
    I cleaned her now as I know I won't get a chance over the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Today I worried about my car. There's a faint grinding from the brakes when braking at low speed, will have a look tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Today I worried about my car. There's a faint grinding from the brakes when braking at low speed, will have a look tonight.

Pads worn? Could just be cold or a stone caught. I got a pebble stuck in mine Friday and it was a PITA to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

EPM wrote: »
    Pads worn? Could just be cold or a stone caught. I got a pebble stuck in mine Friday and it was a PITA to get out.

Thats what you get for wiping ur a55 on the drive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

E39MSport wrote: »
    Thats what you get for wiping ur a55 on the drive :D

A55%20Rear%20View%20in%20Blue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Bugger, I was uh, 'checking the clutch' (doing wheelspins in a wet carpark) and tried to do one in 2nd. Nasty burning smell immediately afterwards for a few seconds. I think I just shortened the life of my clutch slightly :( Still pulls fine and doesn't slip though.

On another topic completely, does anyone know how to put on RainX properly? It just smears the windscreen when I put it on.

Bugger, I was uh, 'checking the clutch' (doing wheelspins in a wet carpark) and tried to do one in 2nd. Nasty burning smell immediately afterwards for a few seconds. I think I just shortened the life of my clutch slightly :( Still pulls fine and doesn't slip though.

I did that to my car when I first had it when I was checking the Turbo. Floored it in 2nd, shifted to 3rd, then had to brake hard enough to slow down and when I was reversing it into my driveway got that lovely burn smell. :o

I actually changed the heater knobs in my car the other day, but still unsure as to whether I like the different ones or not. They look better in the pics, maybe. But there is a bit of light escape on them at night and I'm just undecided. :confused:

Before (well, during):
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/heaterknob1.jpg/

After:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/heaterknob2.jpg/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Is that an ST with the fascia colour? They don't look bad, do they light up? Metal or plastic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Bought two new keys for the Lexus... $0.99 each / €20 to get them cut :)

4742813A573E4B5F9EDF8311817225EC-0000323155-0002676060-00800L-A9A992ADD4F44129B52F270DD28324C1.jpg

Yeah it's an ST. They match the brushed aluminium surrounds of the vents and door inserts etc... in the day. At night they are meant to lights up in the little notches you can see in them in the second pic, but the light seems to escape a bit more around the rim between the silver surround and black face, so it doesn't look very concentrated if that makes sense, just kind of leaking all over somewhat, but stronger on the notch to show the dials position.

I'll try and get a night pic and post that too. :P

Tallon: do you mind me asking where cut those keys for you? I'm looking to get a "blade" key cut myself, but any place I've talked to so far wont do it unless I buy the key off them...

http://www.crothers.ie/

The keys I got from ebay

Same as me, got the key/fob for €30 instead of the €130 Ford want for them...

Thanks for the info, I shall be on the phone to them tomorrow so. Looks like they do the immobiliser coding as well, which is handy. :)

I got lucky, the fobs were fine, I just needed new cases, and then swapped them over...

I might be slightly out of luck already with them...

Remote keys:

Remote keys are available for all vehicles 99-05.

Sounds like they might only be able to cut my key (if even!). Damn 07...

I'm sure they could order them if you don't mind waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Just ordered 2 x Falken ZE912 225/50/15 for the rear from Camskill: 200 yoyos...have a place to fit them 15quid a side, valves, balancing, etc.

Would have loved to have brought them here, rang a tyre place and quote was €380 for these fitted :mad: I LOL'ed down the phone...150 quid in the back pocket.

Some service: Arrived at 6 today: ordered 11am yesterday.

Tyre p0rn :D

img0183large.jpg

img0184large.jpg

img0190largec.jpg

img0195large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thats a wide tyre for r15!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Thats a wide tyre for r15!

Standard size for the rear of a mister2.

Yep on the toyota spec sheet - helps keep her in between the ditches! :P

185958.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I know it must be if he got them but its still very wide. Cant remember seeing that size used before

img0190largec.jpg

225mm is approx 9 inchs, amazing stuff :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    225mm is approx 9 inchs, amazing stuff :pac:

Just for you RJ..felt bad seen as you've never seen an inch in your life :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Out with the very very old

IMAG0311.jpg

In with the new

IMAG0312.jpg

It was a bit of a bodge job as I had bought an adapter for the radio controls positioned to the right of the steering wheel which I couldn't get to work.

Also need new speakers, that's the next job.They're terrible as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Got a bit motivated after that and checked all my fluids,tyre pressure etc.Ended up regreasing the hardtop seals and then gave her a mini valet.

Ended up changing out the mats which I've been meaning to do so for a while.
    They were kinda manky.Near impossible to find red OEM for the s2000 anymore so the black and red had to do.The interior is a mix of black and red anyway so it's all good.

IMAG0313.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

This explains the rubbish startup and cloud of smoke from the Esty during the recent cold weather.

brokenRail.jpg

(breadboard for a rocker cover)

Mr. T couldn't get the part before Chrimbo, so the temp fix (along with new NGK glowers): -

plugRailTmpFix.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement