Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

2004 the semi final,the only goal he ever got in championship.A super hurler,pure speed,never a dirty stroke and a superb work ethic and drive to be a winner.

Certainly not the way Cha Fitzpatrick remembers it I'm sure but that probably never happened right??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Thursday, 12 December 2013 12:57

Tom Kenny & Ronan Curran
    Sunday, 10th August 2003

Rebels on the rise.

August 10, 2003

Young and gifted, Cork's Tom Kenny and Ronan Curran have trodden a similar path - and it has taught them how to win.

The morning after the Munster final, Brian Corcoran picked up the phone to call Tom Kenny. Since he was five, Kenny had spent chunks of his summer with his relations in Caherlag, two doors down from Corcoran's house and across the road from the Erin's Own pitch. As he got older Tom would fall in with Corcoran for a few pucks, soaking up the wonder of playing with one of the greatest hurlers Cork has ever known.

Now, on this morning, Tom and Brian had something equally precious in common. Corcoran waited until midday, allowing Kenny the pleasure of a lie-in. In the circumstances of Cork's win, with the memories of a winter spent agitating for their rights now tinged with justification and put to the back of their minds, it was certain to have been a long night. The phone rang. Kenny picked up. In the background Corcoran could hear the sound of the outdoors. Kenny had been down at a GAA summer camp at home in Grenagh since nine. Sunday had given him the sweetest moment he could ever have felt. It was already time to start giving back to those who had made him.

Ten miles down the road in Cork city Ronan Curran was carrying on with life too, soaking up the good vibes around town but all in moderation. Kenny had won the man of the match award, but Curran's performance had just beaten him by a nose. The summer camps were calling him too, the most vivid translation of his new-found celebrity to be seen in the number of hurleys and jerseys poked into his face for signing.

At a time when Cork craved a bracing gust of fresh air, Curran and Kenny's precocity have provided it. Their backgrounds span the spectrum, Kenny from Grenagh, a small junior club in mid-Cork, from a family whose roots in the club travel back to its formation; Curran the first of his family to play for St Finbarr's, yet the tramlines of their hurling careers have intertwined since their days playing with the Cork minors, and now look welded together for a generation to come.

In Grenagh, Kenny was the type of phenomenon that drops into the laps of a small club perhaps every few generations. As a footballer and a hurler he seemed flawless as a pearl. Grenagh won county minor B titles in both codes, with Kenny driving them from midfield and wing-back while still an under-16. In the city, Curran was evoking comparisons with Jim Cashman for his ability to read the game and the crispness of his striking from either side. He barged his way into games from centre-back thundering into opposing players, displaying a desire for the game few in his age group could match.

"Ronan's performances in championship matches for club and county have been what have made him," says Ger Cunningham, who watched Curran grow up at St Finbarr's and worked with him at under-21 level with Cork. "He's always performed when needed. He would've been known as a lazy kind of guy in his younger days, and people always felt he had bad habits he needed to get rid of but when it came to it he always performed on the days you really wanted him to do it."

Kenny's youth was a mish-mash of sports, from GAA in Grenagh to playing soccer with Leeds AFC on the northside of the city. One day Glasgow Celtic came to Ballyvolane to play Leeds in an under-14 game. Kenny delivered an excellent performance from midfield and scored a clinker of a goal. On the sideline Celtic took note and asked after his availability, but Kenny's interests were elsewhere.

When Brian Kerr was putting together the under-16 squad that would go on to win the European championship in Scotland in 1998, Kenny's name was mentioned as the trials went on but there was colleges' hurling with St Finbarr's, Farranferris to play. A few years later, in 1999, Kenny and John Gardiner helped drag them to a Dr Harty Cup final. Kenny scored four points from midfield but Farranferris were mashed into the ground by a St Flannan's team crammed with future Clare senior hurlers.

In time he would mirror Curran's brilliant habit of peaking on the big days. After the Harty final he delivered a phenomenal performance at wing-back for the Cork minor footballers against Kerry in the Munster final. Later that summer he scored 3-4 from wing-forward on his championship debut for his divisional team Muskerry in the county senior hurling championship.

"I was always surprised Tom didn't make it earlier with Cork," says Corcoran. "Coming from a junior club probably didn't help him in terms of exposure, but when he went to UCC he got a bit more. He was always good enough to make it. He's a super athlete. If you look at his physique he has it to be a great footballer too."

While Kenny moved onto UCC, Curran was hunkering down with Cork IT. He joined the Cork seniors as the millennium turned, and two eras gently collided. Corcoran was still there and as the public expected Curran to slot seamlessly in, those close to him watched him try to carve his game into a replica of Corcoran's. He was trying hard. Too hard.

He featured in the occasional League game, but never got the run he needed. Last year a shoulder injury slowed him up early in the spring and while the under-21s assured him his place would be there when he returned, the seniors could barely promise him a place on the bench. His laid-back gait could transmit a sense of laziness, his utter belief in his own ability occasionally misconstrued for cockiness. They kept him around the fringes of the panel, but brought him no closer. When the under-21s were beaten by Limerick in Munster and the seniors called him for their qualifier game the following weekend against Galway, he knocked them back.

This year, he needed handling. Donal O'Grady had coached Curran when he was an under-14 with St Finbarr's. His selector John Allen had been the masseur with the minors in 1998, but his role had extended further. As he rubbed the players down they'd talk and he'd listen. He'd help get their heads right. He knew how Curran ticked. At the beginning of the year O'Grady gave him the centre-back jersey, and never took it off him. They didn't need to say a word.

"The expectation level about Ronan was very high," says Cunningham. "When you're the Cork centre-back you're expected to play everywhere, catch everything, always be leading from the front. But he's still only 22 and it took him time to settle into the position. I think he's after getting great confidence from the management. They gave him the jersey at the start of the year and without anything being said to him he knew it was his if he could keep it for the year. He knew he was the man for the job."

At the same time, Kenny was barely bobbing above the waterline. O'Grady was shunting him between midfield and the half-back line, trying to squeeze apparently square pegs into tricky round holes. It was the same with the footballers. When they played Limerick last May, Kenny was centre-forward, having never played there before.

"He was very unlucky with the football," says Corcoran. "In his first game he was thrown into a team that was struggling badly and played out of position with the team depending on the older guys to carry them through. Tom was made a bit of a scapegoat afterwards but you see him the way he's responded in his two senior hurling championship games so far."

A couple of months back, Kenny rang Corcoran for a chat. Kenny was keen to keep playing hurling and football with Cork, but how? Corcoran reminded him that once you've established yourself on one team, it's a lot easier to get on the other. Consider Teddy McCarthy, he said, from football to hurling. Seán Óg, Corcoran himself and a legion of other hurlers went the other way. This summer has decided which he'll start with. Curran played football as far as under-21 for Cork and if he had kept going, football people in Cork aren't sure where he might have stopped.

Instead his hurling has been polished and honed. He is still drawn more to the ball than to marking his man but there is more maturity in his play. While Kenny has retained his athleticism and the exceptional pace that gets him past his man, the mechanics of his game under O'Grady have been tightened. His striking is cleaner, his positioning better. In years gone by people in Grenagh might have retained a touch of affection for Wexford centre-back Liam Dunne on a day like this, whose mother was born in the parish. They still will, but now they can save their best for one of their own.

"Tom and Ronan are around the same age (22), which helps a lot too," says Corcoran. "Very often you come onto a team and you're playing beside a fella who's 10 years older than you with a couple of All-Irelands and you can feel a little intimidated but it's obvious that they're feeding off each other."

And Cork from them.

That article was from the sunday times ten years ago.
    Excellent read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Horse84

Certainly not the way Cha Fitzpatrick remembers it I'm sure but that probably never happened right??

Ah jes come on, that was the only time I've ever seen Tom kenny do anything in a match that could be called dirty really. 10 years playing inter county, that's going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Horse84 wrote: »
    Ah jes come on, that was the only time I've ever seen Tom kenny do anything in a match that could be called dirty really. 10 years playing inter county, that's going to happen

The claim made was he never pulled a dirty stroke, which clearly is a lie, that was a dirty stroke plain and simple. Out of character maybe but it was clearly a dirty stroke, one which Fitzpatrick suffered quite a serious injury as a result of.

• Advertisement

Your medal is in the post lad:rolleyes:

Thanks very much fellow rebel,their really was no need.

Thanks very much fellow rebel,THERE really was no need.

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Wasnt 15 men involved by the way.
    Looby is a waterford minor and eammon o connor kerry is on the panel ,and and a tipp lad also.

According to someone you know ,you may be right but I am the type of gaa fan that actually made a 50 mile round trip to make the game yesterday ,and one of the selectors told me afterwards he was hoping for it to be played this monday at Cit.

Of course he could be wrong ,but thats what he said.

They want this over as last year ,it was oves by november ,a final that macroom beat rochestown after being down by 6,, at half time,and held rochestown scoreless for that half to win it.

I am the type of Gaa fan that was their seen as you asked.

Firstly, lighten up will you..I was making a little jibe about "O She"..not a massive personal insult.

Fair play on going to the game, its obvious you have a huge interest in GAA which I admire.

Eanna O'Concubhair, not "Eamon" is the Kerry man you refer to on the UCC Freshers, he is not in the starting 15 which is what we were talking about though. There are 2 more Kerry lads on the panel also.

I've said it before, I'm not having a go at you..but with your obvious passion and interest in all things GAA, if you shortened some of your posts a little bit and formatted them a bit better it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Firstly, lighten up will you..I was making a little jibe about "O She"..not a massive personal insult.

Fair play on going to the game, its obvious you have a huge interest in GAA which I admire.

Eanna O'Concubhair, not "Eamon" is the Kerry man you refer to on the UCC Freshers, he is not in the starting 15 which is what we were talking about though. There are 2 more Kerry lads on the panel also.

I've said it before, I'm not having a go at you..but with your obvious passion and interest in all things GAA, if you shortened some of your posts a little bit and formatted them a bit better it would be great.

Ciarraithuadaidh any details on the kerry teams involved in the duhallow u21 cup, east kerry, st. kierans, rathmore/kilcummin or Kenmare District?

I think both Douglas and Clon will be very strong as will Muskerry if they get their players together think Duhallow may be the weakest of the Cork entries

slingerz wrote: »
    Ciarraithuadaidh any details on the kerry teams involved in the duhallow u21 cup, east kerry, st. kierans, rathmore/kilcummin or Kenmare District?

I think both Douglas and Clon will be very strong as will Muskerry if they get their players together think Duhallow may be the weakest of the Cork entries

Kenmare will be fairly strong, have had very good minor team last 2 years. Rathmore/Kilcummin should be decent, as should Kierans who have quite a few lads who have played at county level. East Kerry won the Minor c/ship last year but it may be a year too early for them to be great. Like you said though, it depends on teams getting their players together and stuff, tough time of year to do it. The non-club teams will hardly get together before the 1st game I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Is that jacks son?

East kerry and muskerry first game is it?
    They met in a munster final years ago I think,East kerry won.

Macroom like you said will rattle kilorgin.

They did not show up for the ist half,just played in spurts but when they did they looked very good yesterday.

Very strong in the middle third.A fine win for Ucc and tomas o se.And they were meant to have made a good comeback.

Their is a special supplement on Midelton success at minor,u21 ,senior etc in next tuesdays Examiner.

And also on the part Midelton Cbs played in that success.It sounds a must read,and its good to see their great work being highlighted.

Is that jacks son?

East kerry and muskerry first game is it?
    They met in a munster final years ago I think,East kerry won.

Macroom like you said will rattle kilorgin.

They did not show up for the ist half,just played in spurts but when they did they looked very good yesterday.

Very strong in the middle third.A fine win for Ucc and tomas o se.And they were meant to have made a good comeback.

No, Eanna is from An Gaeltacht..Jack does have a son called Eanna, but he is 21/22.

No idea of fixtures for Duhallow comp, but its always a good competition.

I actually think DLS will beat ISK if they play anywhere near their potential...Kelleher is such a massive influence in games when he gets going and then they have the couple of good forwards you mentioned aswell, like James Moynihan..I think it will be Macroom, The Sem, Cahirciveen and Dingle in semis.

No, Eanna is from An Gaeltacht..Jack does have a son called Eanna, but he is 21/22.

No idea of fixtures for Duhallow comp, but its always a good competition.

I actually think DLS will beat ISK if they play anywhere near their potential...Kelleher is such a massive influence in games when he gets going and then they have the couple of good forwards you mentioned aswell, like James Moynihan..I think it will be Macroom, The Sem, Cahirciveen and Dingle in semis.

Yeah it should be a great competition well organised.I did not know their was two Eanna's.

Daniel cahalane compliments Peter well at midfield.He is a powerhouse,won so many balls yesterday ,that Colmans only tactic in the end was let him win it,then swarm him with 3 defenders to try and "choke tackle like rubgy".Every single time bar once,when he was unfairly penalised for overcarrying,he broke the tackles ,and then the spare men free for Macroom were able to attack at pace.

Sean kelliher no relation,played the game well at centre back.John murphy,Cian healy and james moyinhan will with that midfield get plenty of possesion ,and their all very fast ,tricky .nimble on their feet forwards that can take a score as well as create a score.

I think Jack o connors school could very well win it outright.

Duhallow Invitational cup 1st Round
    East Kerry Muskerry in Rathmore - Saturday December 14th @ 2.30pm.

Paudi sull had another op on the leg during the week. He'll more than likely miss all of the league it seems. Horrific injury

Duhallow Invitational cup 1st Round
    East Kerry Muskerry in Rathmore - Saturday December 14th @ 2.30pm.

Rathmore/Kilcumin v Duhallow on Saturday in Rathmore @ 5
    St. Kierans v Douglas on Sunday @ 12 in Ballydesmond
    Clonakilty v Kenmare District on Sunday @ 230 in Knocknagree

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Paudi sull had another op on the leg during the week. He'll more than likely miss all of the league it seems. Horrific injury

One bone healed well, but the other had an 8mm gap in it, so they had no choice but to operate again.

One bone healed well, but the other had an 8mm gap in it, so they had no choice but to operate again.

Jesus that's a serious gap. He's a big loss but his own health is more important. Hope this op went well

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Jesus that's a serious gap. He's a big loss but his own health is more important. Hope this op went well

Tibia had healed but it was the fibula with the gap - think it was a success as far as his doctors are concerned

• Advertisement

An awful injury but he should take he's time.Cork won't need him for the league games bar the limerick game,but its unlikey even without the setback he would have been ready for Feb 15th.

The drawback for him is he will enter the championship without any hurling trying to break in to a forward division with up to ten or players fighting for six spots .

He's health is hes wealth though,and at the end of the day there are more important things in life than hurling,as tomas waters and the tippeary intermediate hurler proved.Hopefully all three will make a full healthy recovery.

Colm o neill thankfully is flying on the road to recovery.He has been unlucky ,but he does heal well .He won't play til probably late march ,early April.He is taking a load of time this time.

Its likely Brian Murphy will retire also
    One player that has a lot to offer still ,he would be a huge loss,even though Cork have wealth of corner backs,he is our best man marker and one of the best ever in the game in that specialsed role.Not only has he the pace,but he has the concentration,focus and great unselfish attuide to sacrifice hes own game ,to do a specfic role for the team.Loads of hurling also.The ultitmate team player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's Ó Sé.

Kenmare will be fairly strong, have had very good minor team last 2 years. Rathmore/Kilcummin should be decent, as should Kierans who have quite a few lads who have played at county level. East Kerry won the Minor c/ship last year but it may be a year too early for them to be great. Like you said though, it depends on teams getting their players together and stuff, tough time of year to do it. The non-club teams will hardly get together before the 1st game I'd imagine.

Will Kenmare have the Crowley brothers,and Adrian Spillane involved?

Muskerry, I would fancy to go along way to retaining it,with John Corkery,Cathal Vaughan and James Moyinhan involved ,they have huge scoring potential.

I presume Peter kelleher would be involved also ,they have a strong outfit.

The competition is great ,in fairness to John Fintan Daly he is a football man to the bone and deserves immense credit for organising it,it can only benfit Cork playing top teams in kerry.He should be involved with Cork teams at Intercounty.

I would expect a strong contingent of Cork u21 management set up to view the games.Darragh O'Se,will surley be their or send someone along from Kerry's side.

Their is nothing like competitve matches to view players,better than any trial game.At this time of the year ,with the weather and conditions,it is a great test of stamina,attuitde and desire for the game.

Their should be a fair bit of u21 cork talent on show worth checking for March,Corkery,Kevin flahive,Kevin Crowley(super talent) ,Shane Kingston,Colim Sheehy,Sean White ,Anthony Casey,Kevin Cremin, Cathal Vaughan, James Moyinhan and Peter Kelleher.

Their should be a lot of kerry talent too.Will Shane Ryan the minor keeper play for Rathmore?

Seamus Harnedy has a ongoing hip issue such that he had to see a specialist about recently.Lets hope it is not too serious and doesnt affect him next year.

He would be an almighty loss to the team,if he missed a game or was not at he's best he has become such a pivotal player and presence in the side.

Duhallow U21 games called off today due to the weather

COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DRAWS 14/12/2013
    Senior Hurling Championship

Round 1
    Na Piarsaigh v 9 Carraig Dubh
    Baile Nua Seandroma v 15 Eochaill
    Na Sairséalaigh v 11 Dubhglás
    Fánuithe na Bríde v 6 Carraig Tuathaill
    Baile an Mhairtéalaigh v 16 Fánaithe na Cuirseacha
    Barra Naofa v 5 Baile an Easpaig
    Mainistir na Corann v 10 Rogha Éireann
    Cilliath v 7 Fánuithe an Ghleanna

Round 2
    Na Piarsaigh V Carraig Dubh v 2 Baile Nua Seandroma V Eochaill
    Na Sairséalaigh V Dubhglás v 4 Fánuithe na Bríde V Carraig Tuathaill
    Baile an Mhairtéalaigh V Fánaithe na Cuirseacha v 6 Barra Naofa V Baile an Easpaig
    Mainistir na Corann V Rogha Éireann v 8 Cilliath V Fánuithe an Ghleanna

Senior Football Championship
    Round 1
    Gleann Bhearracháin v 10 Uinsinn Naofa
    Barra Naofa v 9 Baile an Chullaigh
    Raonuithe Nemo v 13 Na Dubhchonnaigh
    San Nioclás v 7 Cloich na Coillte
    Baile an Easpaig v 12 Fánuithe Aidhleann
    Dubhglás v 15 Baile Nuis
    Ó Donnabháin Rossa v 16 Fánaithe na Claide
    Raonuithe Cairbre v 14 Áth Fhada

Round 2
    Gleann Bhearracháin V Uinsinn Naofa v 2 Barra Naofa V Baile an Chullaigh
    Raonuithe Nemo V Na Dubhchonnaigh v 4 San Nioclás V Cloich na Coillte
    Baile an Easpaig V Fánuithe Aidhleann v 6 Dubhglás V Baile Nuis
    Ó Donnabháin Rossa V Fánaithe na Claide v 8 Raonuithe Cairbre V Áth Fhada

Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship

Round 1
    Cill Briotáin v 6 Baile Nuis
    Dr. na Banndan v 8 Innis Cártha
    Carraig Uí Leighin v 16 Cill Uird
    Ceanntuirc v 4 An Bhlárna
    Cluain Uamha v 7 Fánaithe na Claise
    Mainistir Bán v 9 Béal Átha an Chasaidh
    Caisléan Uí Liatháin v 11 Cnocán na Biolraí
    Baile hAodha v 14 Mala

Round 2
    Carraig Uí Leighin V Cill Uird v 8 Baile hAodha V Mala
    Dr. na Banndan V Innis Cártha v 7 Caisléan Uí Liatháin V Cnocán na Biolraí
    Ceanntuirc V An Bhlárna v 6 Mainistir Bán V Béal Átha an Chasaidh
    Cill Briotáin V Baile Nuis v 5 Cluain Uamha V Fánaithe na Claise

Premier Intermediate Football Championship

Round 1
    Áth Treasna v 11 Cois Céim
    Naomh Aban v 15 Raonuithe Nemo
    Baile Caisleáin Bheara v 2 Mhicheál Naofa
    Mala v 8 An Grianach
    Gorma Beanntraí v 3 Na Piarsaigh
    Béal Athá an Ghaorthaidh v 1 Machromtha
    Gleann A’Phreacháin v 6 Carraig Uí Leighin
    Fánaithe na Claise v 13 Baile Nóra

Round 2
    Gleann A’Phreacháin V Carraig Uí Leighin v 6 Béal Athá an Ghaorthaidh V Machromtha
    Áth Treasna V Cois Céim v 8 Fánaithe na Claise V Baile Nóra
    Mala V An Grianach v 3 Baile Caisleáin Bheara V Mhicheál Naofa
    Gorma Beanntraí V Na Piarsaigh v 2 Naomh Aban V Raonuithe Nemo

Intermediate Hurling Championship
    Round 1
    Áth Fhada v 3 An tAth. Uí Néill
    Achadh Bolg v 15 Maoilinn
    Éire Óg v 14 Naomh Cáitrionaigh
    An Grianach v 10 An Druipseach
    Raonuithe Airgidin v 5 Barra Rua
    Baile Garbháin v 7 Baile an Chullaigh
    Áth an Mhuilinn v 13 An Rath
    Mainistir Fhearmuí v 16 Cill Dairbhre

Round 2
    Achadh Bolg V Maoilinn v 4 An Grianach V An Druipseach
    Raonuithe Airgidin V Barra Rua v 7 Áth an Mhuilinn V An Rath
    Mainistir Fhearmuí V Cill Dairbhre v 1 Áth Fhada V An tAth. Uí Néill
    Éire Óg V Naomh Cáitrionaigh v 6 Baile Garbháin V Baile an Chullaigh

Intermediate Football Championship
    Round 1
    Báile Deasmumhan v 7 Cionn tSáile
    Cill na Martra v 2 Eire Óg
    Baile Mhistéala v 5 Cill Dairbhre
    Achadh Bolg v 4 Gleann Maghair
    Cluain Uamha v 6 Mainistir Fhearmuí
    Eadargoil v 13 Eochaill
    Ceanntuirc v 11 Gleann Iubhair
    Seipeál na Carraige v 3 Baile na mBocht

Some cracking ties in the Hurling.
    Douglas and sarsfields could be epic,a high scoring game.
    Na piarsaigh and blackrock,two emerging young teams.
    Newtown v youghal.A new Newtown coach in Liam Ryan against youghal ist game back in senior and possibly as all ireland champions.
    Barrs and Bishoptown ,no love lost their,always a great rivarly.They had a former town player with them before I think ,Denis O Reagan.

Killeagh and the Glen ,two teams both with new management.Speaking of killeagh,the Cork minors playing in Killeagh ,Tuesday night.
    Midelton got what would seem an easy opener in what they could of had with Erins Own.

The championship next year will be the best in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Will Kenmare have the Crowley brothers,and Adrian Spillane involved?

Muskerry, I would fancy to go along way to retaining it,with John Corkery,Cathal Vaughan and James Moyinhan involved ,they have huge scoring potential.

I presume Peter kelleher would be involved also ,they have a strong outfit.

The competition is great ,in fairness to John Fintan Daly he is a football man to the bone and deserves immense credit for organising it,it can only benfit Cork playing top teams in kerry.He should be involved with Cork teams at Intercounty.

I would expect a strong contingent of Cork u21 management set up to view the games.Darragh O'Se,will surley be their or send someone along from Kerry's side.

Their is nothing like competitve matches to view players,better than any trial game.At this time of the year ,with the weather and conditions,it is a great test of stamina,attuitde and desire for the game.

Their should be a fair bit of u21 cork talent on show worth checking for March,Corkery,Kevin flahive,Kevin Crowley(super talent) ,Shane Kingston,Colim Sheehy,Sean White ,Anthony Casey,Kevin Cremin, Cathal Vaughan, James Moyinhan and Peter Kelleher.

Their should be a lot of kerry talent too.Will Shane Ryan the minor keeper play for Rathmore?

I dunno about this competition Too many walkovers last year. games played in **** conditions and **** time of year. Not sure about it really. Players dont have any interest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MaxPower131

Did I not hear a couple of months ago that CCB were looking at changing the championship format? Looks like teams than win the first round in April/May will be waiting until August/September to play again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement