Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Ian walsh is out for the year
    What happend him ?

Aidan is fine yeah?hes taking a year out from college in dublin yeah?

Before a ball is thrown in Cork have already started behind the rest of teams in munster in hurling.

Watereford have appointed Derek mcgrath as manager,with frank flannery as coach,Dan the man and Willam maher,with Caroline currid.

I dnt know much bt mcgrath but thats a serious management team.Maher is a superb young coach.Flannery done well with cit ,and in waterfor.

He failed to be success with cork minors but that id say is more down to kenneally.
    Caroline currid is a top notch physcologist,worked with tipp,dublin,tyrone.

Waterford have the talent ,but look stronger in management than last year.

And its to be confirmed this week,Cunnigham is leaving cork,i heard.

No suprise.I heard cusack is going with him.Interesting who else makes up hes team.

He worked with jerry wallis before,and may use him from the limerick minors.

Patsy morrissey a close friend,retired may be used.Time will tell.

Limerick are going to be a serious team next year.

Cork are getting aidan walsh and paudie back ,and that was a huge bonus to us,we were only looking for a full back,rejig the half back line,and get another midfielder.

We now need a coach,that can carry on the good work of cunnigham,and that is going to be hard to find.

Mark landers ,its a risk at senior ,but for me id take it.He has a better chance of becoming involved at senior than minor,as its jbm opposed to the boards ball.

We dnt get the right man were goosed.

But thats a huge loss to cork but i wish him well.He deserves it.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2013
    The Christy O’Connor column

WHEN the Cork minor footballers met for the first time prior to the 2010 season, the players left the meeting positive that something could be about to happen.
    That squad of players weren’t rated that highly. They weren’t expected to go very far, but they made it to an All-Ireland final when dramatic recoveries were a recurring theme of their season. That fact alone reflected a team well drilled and which played with immense spirit and togetherness.

That was Brian Cuthbert’s team. Although the following year’s minor side lost the Munster final to Tipperary before bowing out in the All-Ireland quarter-final, Cuthbert also got that side as far as they could possibly go.
    In many ways, that generation of footballers reflect the future of Cork football. Given that Cuthbert knows them so well and has worked so closely with those players, Cuthbert’s appointment as Cork manager is a good one.
    Of course he has his critics. His doubters. Bishopstown have made decent strides in recent years but some people within Cork footballing circles feel that Cuthbert is unproven because of his lack of success with them at club level.

Yet how accurate is that of a barometer? When Brian Cody managed James Stephens, he didn’t enjoy any success. Some people within the club reckoned he wasn’t cut out for management.
    More even thought Cody was too soft to make it at inter-county level. Imagine that? An unproven manager will always have doubts and aspersions cast over him before he actually does anything at inter-county level.
    Some people within Cork say that Cuthbert was suitably political to help him get the job in Cork ahead of John Cleary, who had enjoyed far more success at inter-county level, albeit at U21.
    Whether or not that is true, what is wrong with that? Is playing some form of politics not a prerequisite to getting a top job in Cork anyway? Knowing how the deal with that county board appears just as important as anything else.

Either way, Cuthbert is highly ambitious for all the right reasons.
    The fact that he has a dual background and may be sympathetic to dual players may have been decisive in his appointment but Cuthbert had a lot going for him. He is very ‘High Performance’ friendly and has always prided himself on attention to detail.

One of Cuthbert’s greatest strengths is his open-mindedness. His willingness to learn. He is an avid reader. He is big into sports psychology. He is constantly seeking an edge at coaching conferences. There are loads of coaches who religiously devour coaching material but who just can’t coach or manage. Cuthbert is well above that generalisation.
    Cuthbert brings a number of other advantages to the post.
    When Cork overhauled their youth structures last year, he was head of the Development Squads Management Committee. His work on the ground means he knows exactly what talent is coming.

He is immersed in the history of Cork. From having coached on the club scene, he knows it inside out. Cuthbert is regularly spotted at games in all corners of Cork.

Having spent a year under Conor Counihan, he has served his apprenticeship. At 38, he is young and ambitious and hungry. He also fits the age profile that now defines modern inter-county management, similar to Jim McGuinness, Jason Ryan, Jim Gavin, Kieran McGeeney, Eamonn Fitzmaurice and James Horan.
    This season was always going to be Counihan’s last in charge. He wanted to go after the 2012 campaign but the players pleaded with him to stay.
    Part of the reason he did, and why he brought in Cuthbert and Ronan McCarthy, is because he hoped one of them would be good enough to take on the job at some stage. For Cuthbert, that time is now.

Cuthbert has respect within the panel but some hard decisions will need to be made. A significant period of transition began this season with the high volume of players Cork blooded but it will have to continue even more in the next two seasons.
    Some Cork players have just come to the end of the line. More who are still in a decent age bracket have serious mileage on the clock.
    Injuries have been stacking up. That is another area Cuthbert will have to address — how Cork have had so many injuries in the hip, groin and knee area in the last couple of years.

What Cuthbert will really seek to change though, is the culture. He is a huge student of tactics but Cork need to tactically evolve. The make-up of the backroom team will be very important in that context.
    Cuthbert has already hinted that Cork may have a change in footballing style next season. That process already began this year with how the team became more direct.

Yet Cuthbert will surely want Cork to play with a more defined pattern next season. A more rigorous gameplan. He has already spoken about the quality of forwards in Cork but making them hard to beat and defensively sounder will be an immediate priority.
    Cork have been trying to go down that road in the last two seasons but they struggled to adjust to that template, largely because of the coaching culture those players have grown up in.
    Fully changing that culture and process will require time. Yet the one luxury Cuthbert has is the knowledge that, over the last 25 years, Cork football managers have always been given time.

CORK MINOR HURLING MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCED 2013-10-22 15:30:00
    Denis Ring (Fermoy) has been named as the new Cork Minor Hurling manager, with Mark Landers (Killeagh) as coach.

The selectors include John Mortell (Ballyhea), John O'Dwyer (Ballincollig) and one other to be finalised.

****ing delighted.Pigs may indeed fly;-)

Landers finally ,got the job.Not the main one,he should have,but in cork half a loaf better than no loaf at all.
    For the first time in years,i go minor games,with belief and confidence rather than hope.

I knew it was too much for him to get it n hes own but still id settle for that.

Denis ring is a super coach,cork teams before,st colmans ,fermoy u21 and intermediate team,principal of blackwater in waterford,brought in pa cronin ,amy o shea etc.

Thats a great set up.Theres one i wouldnt be a fan of,in their,their is always one with cork,,but we will take it as that is a top class set up.

I feel for the likes of pa callaghan ,etc who must be gutted they cant work with this set up,bt nw enter the u21 set up not exacly full of confidence.

I have no doubt cork will win an all ireland or at the very least get to a final in two years.

Credit where due,they got this right,im amazed.Why o why cant they do this with every management team.

We have real talent next year ,but now have the complete jigsaw.

Landers has already been at harty cup game in charville and ring knows the u21 set up in the county from being involved with fermoy.He knows the schools set up inside out ,upside down.

Unlike their counterparts in the football where we live in the dark ages, that they ask the clubs nominate their 3 best players,these guys know of the top of their heads who they are,and would have top scouts they can rely on if needed,than clubs who may have a bit of bias towards players they actually nominate.

At last a ray of hope ,in what has been a tough few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

What happend him ?

Aidan is fine yeah?hes taking a year out from college in dublin yeah?
    Something to his groin.
    Aidan is fine and yeah he is taking a year out of college.I think it shows him going to Dublin was always about playing GAA nothing else.

Jesus im so excited lads about that minor set up.At last ,long last.Thank you lord:-o

Ring is only 48,people think hes older but he is not,just around a long time.

Orignally from canovee,club of great camoige player ,i think,lynn dunlea.

He went to st colmans in the mid 80,at age around twenty and they won six harty cups,3 dr crokes and six junior titles.

Colmans had not won a title in 20 years when he wn in 97.

Two more DR crokes in a row,the last cork college to win it,3 hartys in a row he is a top top man.

Coached with the cork seniors in 2009 with considine when cork beat clare,limerick ,to stay up,while waiting for a manager.

Involved with the 2001 winning minor team,with considine, then with u21 team in 2007,that won a munster and only for our dear old friend james mcgrath should beaten galway.

Its now coincidece when he left colmans in the late 200s they have been in turmoil.

Ist year with blackwater won the c ,them b,then dean ryan cup ,and will in time win the Croke cup.

A great man with youth.

Done a fine job ,with fermoy at intermediate ,and inspired them to be a better team than they are.

Had a fine run in u21 ,beat a highly rated newtown.

A man that is bred in hurling, and still very much a modern day manager.

And it shows bringing landers in.

It wont matter what club your from,as long as you can hurl.

Ring will teach landers a lot but will allow landers hes own freedom.

Has coached many top class intercounty men hes time,mccormack ,shaughnessy limerick etc,loads waterford minor men this year and men like molumphy etc.

Brian murphy one said that he was a huge infulence on him at colmans.

The dream team.

Cork should have serious talent next year at minor.

Cahalane,horgan,callaghan all out.

I presume ,i think,anyone confirm?patrick collins ,sean hayes(big man)but plenty of hurling,are eligble next year.

Throw in dane lee,padraig guest ,eddie gunning(told he will play senior club in two years,if nt sooner), sean bourke,martin collins,alec luttrell ,connor twomey?cian walsh,mark dolan ,joe o sullivan ,aron ward?mark o connor? seamus ronayne,eoghan kinery ,theres serious talent their.

Ian cahill,senaid smith,shane kingston may be a bit young bt are good enough.

Declan daltion,and billy dunne fr o neils are very talented and are bound to be in contention.

Alan o callaghan the same.

Anyone confim killan o connor,kieran histon,anthony spillane ,are eligble? and throw in a few more possibiltes.

Donal hannon newmarket played for duhallow in u21 county is meant to be good.

Anyone know when the fixtures and draw for the minor is done?? For Munster championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Donal Hannon is very good

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Donal Hannon is very good

Hes underage?

• Advertisement

I see the County finals in Hurling are set for the ist wknd in Nov,same day as the Haven and Crokes.

Tough one to decide which to go to.

Hamilton are playing st colmans harty cup game tommorrow.

Paudie butler is doing coaching in castlematyr and liam sheedy is doing a coaching workshop in mallow on the 9th of Nov.

Cork are looking for another GDA, good to increase the number from just 5 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Most of those lads are overage thinkstoomuch. Of last year's panel Collins, O'Brien, Gunning, Bourke, Lee, Hayes and Alan O'Callaghan are on the age. As such, most of the panel will be picked from this year's U-16s.

Orizio wrote: »
    Most of those lads are overage thinkstoomuch. Of last year's panel Collins, O'Brien, Gunning, Bourke, Lee, Hayes and Alan O'Callaghan are on the age. As such, most of the panel will be picked from this year's U-16s.
    Thanks i knew a few of them i listed were eligble.
    I thought shane o brien was eligble alright,but didnt know with the injury he had.He must be okay .

A lot of the lads like joe sullivan?alec luttrell,mark dolan,cian walsh ,dayne lee ,martin collins ,declan daltlon,billy dunne senaid smith ,ian cahill ,eoghan kinery shane kingston ,padraig guest surely not overage? or are they?

I expect a few of them but surely nt a lot of them?I was told in mallow at the u17,most were minor next year.
    I presume the likes of killan o connor ,aron ward,mark o connor ,connor twomey are the ones you mean.

Can you list the ones that are please?

Still the bones of a good team,collins in goal,o connell as sub keeper.

Luttrell,gunning,smith ,cahill all fine defenders.

Eoghan kinery, benny dunne,kingston,o callaghan,hayes,dalton ,their are some very good forwards. Garan Manley is playing dean ryan cup,and flying,worth watching.

In particular sean hayes ,a goal for the u21 team against duhallow,highly rated,at least we have a target man at full forward.

Must try and go to the semi against the imokilly champions to c what it throws up.
    Speaking of that newcestown playing blackrock,monday in the other semifinal.
    Newcestown with Horgan and a few more will hope none get injured for Hamilton today.Be great for them to beat st colmans ,after beating them in the callaghan cup,and already beat st flannans.

I dont think i can make that game today.

They need big game from mcsweeny,chris o leary,horgan,cahalane ,o reilly ,jerry o neill,david healy , if their to win.

Their capable of it ,from what i saw in kilmallock.

I wonder could the u21 be a repeat of minor final,years ago blackrock and mallow.

Credit due,their doing great underage work,won their 5th feil 16 in a row the weekend after a replay.

I'm not sure but jerry o neill hamilton and courcey.A big strong young lad,farming background,natural strength ,wont need much strength and conditioning,good hurler,have been told he is underage,then overage.Is he?

Donal Hannon should be underage.

Darragh Guiney Newtown,is a super talent ,won the county u16,may be a year early,but may force himself on to the panel.

Cork star Colm O’Neill admits that, while he is happy to have received the all-clear from surgeon Tadhg O’Sullivan, he still doesn’t have a set return date pencilled in.

O’Neill has been out of action since suffering a third cruciate ligament injury in March, but yesterday he tweeted a picture of Whitfield Clinic, where O’Sullivan is based, expressing delight that he wouldn’t have to visit it anymore.

“There were scheduled check-ups after a month and three months and six months,” he said. “It’s actually seven months since the injury now... it’s great to get the all-clear.”

The attacker remains focused on his rehabilitation with physio Colin Lane, and has no intention of rushing things. “I still don’t have a return date planned as I’m a bit off a return to full training,” he said.

“I still have to do physio three or four times a week, everybody’s happy how it’s progressing but it’s still up to Colin to decide when I’m ready.

“There are still probably four or five months of rehab ahead. It’s a big milestone not having to visit Tadhg anymore. It’s a relief, but this is just a step on the way, you could say the real work is only starting.

Hamiltion beating st colmans by six points.

Cahalane no suprise meant to be king of the castle.

Hamiltm won 1-20 to colmans 15.

Fair play to the bandon lads three wins on the trot.Hopefully results go their way and they get out of the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

A lot of the lads like joe sullivan?alec luttrell,mark dolan,cian walsh ,dayne lee ,martin collins ,declan daltlon,billy dunne senaid smith ,ian cahill ,eoghan kinery shane kingston ,padraig guest surely not overage? or are they?

All underage afaik.
    I expect a few of them but surely nt a lot of them?I was told in mallow at the u17,most were minor next year.
    I presume the likes of killan o connor ,aron ward,mark o connor ,connor twomey are the ones you mean.

Can you list the ones that are please?

Not sure what you are asking me here. Anyway they are all overage.
    I'm not sure but jerry o neill hamilton and courcey.A big strong young lad,farming background,natural strength ,wont need much strength and conditioning,good hurler,have been told he is underage,then overage.Is he?

Yes he is underage.

Orizio wrote: »
    All underage afaik.

Not sure what you are asking me here. Anyway they are all overage.

Yes he is underage.

Thanks no thats what i thought,most of them were underage bar the other ones.

O neill is a big help ,with joe sullivan,and kinery,have the bulk but unlike in the past these guys can hurl.

Theres the bones of a very good side.We certainly be be better than last two years,we cant be any worse.

Cork Senior Football Manager Brian Cuthbert has confirmed his selectors, with Ronan McCarthy named as coach. The full line-up is as follows:
    Ronan McCarthy (Douglas) - Coach

Ronan McCarthy is a former Cork Footballer, playing during the 1990s and 2000s, and was corner-back on the Cork team that reached the All-Ireland Final in 1999.
    He was manager of the Douglas Senior Football team that reached their first County Final in 2008, and has also been involved with the Cork Development Squads, and was a selector with former manager, Conor Counihan, for the past year.

Owen Sexton (Kilbrittain)

38-year-old Owen was a member of the Cork Senior Football team from 1997 to 2008, and won an All-Ireland Minor medal in 1993, along with manager Brian Cuthbert.

Owen also won a County Senior Football medal with Carbery in 2004 and is still playing football with his club.

Ciarán O'Sullivan (Urhan)

Ciarán was a member of the Cork Senior Football team from 1993 to 2005, winning an All-Star award in 1999. He won a County Senior Football medal with Beara in 1997.

He is currently heavily involved with coaching in Beara and particularly with his club Urhan, where hea has guided an underage resurgence.

Don Davis (O'Donovan Rossa).

Don played Senior Football for Cork from 1993 to 2000, and won County, Munster and All-Ireland Club medals with his club in the 1992/93 season.

He has been involved with coaching in his club for a number of years.

Dean ryan cup final Midelton v ard scoil 6th November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Cork Senior Football Manager Brian Cuthbert has confirmed his selectors, with Ronan McCarthy named as coach. The full line-up is as follows:
    Ronan McCarthy (Douglas) - Coach

Ronan McCarthy is a former Cork Footballer, playing during the 1990s and 2000s, and was corner-back on the Cork team that reached the All-Ireland Final in 1999.

He was manager of the Douglas Senior Football team that reached their first County Final in 2008, and has also been involved with the Cork Development Squads, and was a selector with former manager, Conor Counihan, for the past year.

Owen Sexton (Kilbrittain)

38-year-old Owen was a member of the Cork Senior Football team from 1997 to 2008, and won an All-Ireland Minor medal in 1993, along with manager Brian Cuthbert.

Owen also won a County Senior Football medal with Carbery in 2004 and is still playing football with his club.

Ciarán O'Sullivan (Urhan)

Ciarán was a member of the Cork Senior Football team from 1993 to 2005, winning an All-Star award in 1999. He won a County Senior Football medal with Beara in 1997.

He is currently heavily involved with coaching in Beara and particularly with his club Urhan, where hea has guided an underage resurgence.

Don Davis (O'Donovan Rossa).

Don played Senior Football for Cork from 1993 to 2000, and won County, Munster and All-Ireland Club medals with his club in the 1992/93 season.

He has been involved with coaching in his club for a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Dean ryan cup final Midelton v ard scoil 6th November.

where?

where?

Don't know yet ,like i said in the Harty cup thread i would hope Mallow.

Fermoy i would say.But Mallow would be ideal.A superb ptich.

Doon played one of their games in gaelic grounds today ,wasnt a final.

A final espiceally to raise the profile dean ryan cup should be in a place like Mallow,draw a huge crowe.

Now i have no problem paying an admisson fee for a final if its in a good ptich and nt a bog like some are this time of the year.

Mark landers id expect to be their.

where?
    Wont be mallow willie

Youghal playing castletroy in the u16b quaterfinal in mallow that day.

Highely unlikey they would play a schools game at 3 o clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Im delighted with the selectors that Brian has bought on board.Please god we'll drive on next year now.Between these appointments and what Brian has been saying in his interviews with the media.He certainly is setting the right impression.All the new selectors were warriors who gave it their all for Cork and Ciaran O'Sullivan was the greatest warrior of them all.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Cuthbhert certainly is he's own man by who he picked and its good to see out with the old,in with the new,in that most of last years men are gone.None of the four he picked are out and out board men.

Peadear healy is gone,great servant,but he's coaching is outdated.

Ronan mccarthy will have a key role.He was invloved last year but would nt be too critical, in terms who he was with,not exactly master techinans.

Ciaran o sullivan-i have mentioned before,i am a huge fan,a pure stylist ,in terms of a natural attacker ,and pure footballer ,in that he was played at cf for cork for a stint.

In my view,in my short time following cork,the best half back i ever saw in cork football,a great man to read a game,a bit before hes time with poor cork teams ,and a travesty that he could not win an all ireland.

Our nearest version to a tomas o se,lacking the out and out pace of tomas bt as good a brain and reader ,and unlike what we have had since,an intelligent mover of the ball,at pace and a superb kickpasser.I would hope he would identify the same skillset he has in u21 player next year kevin crowley and hopefully monitor him.

He looks the real deal in my view.

However ,as big fan i am ,i wont judge him on that.He can only be judged on hes management role.

We had many great players,like Teddy mac,ger fitzgeratld,denis walsh etc,that were truly awful intercounty men and more profile appointments than natural ability.

Just cause he like eoin sexton,don davis etc were great players dnt mean their suitable for coaching.

I havent heard much bout those three bar mccarthy in coaching,and while sullivan has coached in urhan,hes still very inexpierenced.

Thats my main worry.There all young and in tune with the modern game,but none have any intercounty underage expierence ,or in club expierence very inexpierenced.

I would have liked to see one old head in their.You can be expierenced and in tune with the modern game and still old .

Someone like Eammon ryan or morgan.That wouldnt work as their their own men.

But Gene o driscoll or Ned English are wise heads,and very expierenced,and still coaching.
    I had heard Gene was in the fray , but am dissappointed it turned out he wasnt.

And it would give the team more balance if english was their as hed would represent North cork and duhallow,from he involment with various teams.

He won Dromcollogher broadford a munster club title with a limited bunch.

I think he would work as a selector ,and be a team man and put aside hes want to be main man.

He loves football,understands the game.Went to clyda rovers and does not even claim expenses.

Every team he has improved with him.Just an ordinary man,no airs and graces but knows the game inside out,and the club scence in duahallow like the back of he's hand.

Theres a lot of young progressive coaches like james o donovan,stephen o brien ,even Corkery as a selector with Nemo that have higher profiles in club coaching than sexton,davis or o sullivan.

I welcome hes idea,and looks much better than last year set up and it could be much worse ,but my fear is the inexpierence the group have and the lack of balance in that theres three west cork men.

West cork is the hotbed for cork football ,but i worry these guys dnt become perplexed and obbessive ,in that aera and ignore east cork and in particular Duhallow and North cork where their is talent also.

For me its a mixed bag, taking all the emotion out of the fact these men are all great servants and heroes of cork ,and nice men,serious doubts remain as their unproven at all levels , and players in this day and age are not as inspired by management that were high profile players,but more so management that have a record and history of success that none of these have.

Its entering the unknown and we have to give them time ,but heres the thing kerry wont wait and will be very strong in 3 years ,and must make hay while the sun shines.

Kerry have fitzmaurice ,inexpierenced but surrounded by huge expierence and proven expertise in Cian O Neill.

This set up doesnt have the same balance,and its just hope that it will work ,as we dont have any track records to be extremely confident,like in the minor hurling we do,as we have the right balance with expierenced coaches and young upcoming ones,and i would be very confident of minor hurling next year.

Glenbower won the quater final ,beat belgooly by a point in the junior football tonight.

Meet mitchelstown(presume shane beston is with them) ,monday as part of a double header ,newcestown v rockies u21A hurling.

The winners play st colums in the final.

Id love glenbower to win it out,for seamus harnedy and joe deane.

The cork winners play keel of kerry in munster.

Midelton and Mallow meet in the County u 21 semifinal,not confirmed yet venue or date but should be a great game.

Newcestown v blackrock monday.

Pat hartnett doing a good job with them.

This game should be a classic.A high scoring game i hope,as long as the weather is not like tonight.

Midelton have tommy wallis son of Jerry in goal, (cormac walsh(just back from a shoulder injury )killian burke,patrick o mahony , Finbarr O Mahony, in defence and Bud Hartnett up front all fine at this level,and of course conor lehane.With the senior game on,this has been postponed from the 2nd nov.

Walsh came on the last day up front and was electric for the seniors.He was meant to be in flying form for the juniors when they were beaten by the sars a few back.

I may be mistaken,but i always thought he was a wing back.

In the last two senior games,and last night lehane has been unmarkable.

It will be extremely intesesting who Tadhg O Riordian ,or Jonny walsh( i think won a junior all ireland with cork,fine club hurler)decide to put on him.

Killan o connor at full back,dual cork minor, this year is a top class full back ,strong,and forceful but lehane could turn him,and has the pace.

If lehane goes to the half forward line,cormac murphy ,u21cork this year,eligble next year and played with the seniors in janury and feb,may mark him.
    Or will they go with alec luttrell,i rate him highley,will be cork minor next year, to mark him,but hes just learning the trade.

Should be a good match up if it takes place.Lehane would have the edge,physically and expierence wise,as lutterll needs be given time,he is still young and learning,but a fine hurler.

If lehane has a good day ,not many backs in the country at Senior levelwould hold him.

Sean hayes ,a good talent ,u21 again next year,and eligble for cork minor will be up against patrick o mahony.Hayes got two goals in the last two games ,a big strong lad .
    Mahony is a fine hurler but up against Hayes,and then Cussen at senior the next few weeks should tell us more about him as a full back.

Aron sheehan feautred with Cork and is a fine man from placed balls.

Pa herhily is another good forward,should have been on the cork u21 panel and should make it next year.
    Ryan Harkin cork minor footballer is involved also.A fine footballer but a good hurler.

These are both fine sides.Midelton will be hoping they win both senior and u21 like they done in 88.

They were poor at u21 through 2000,s but won one recently and starting to change things.

Midelton cbs in a dean ryan final,and in a good position in their harty group,second with a game in hand ,to qualify.

Mallow are much the younger side ,with 13 underage next year .

Midelton will be favourites,more expierenced but Mallow have a lot of quality.Most of these guys got to the minor final last year only to be beaten by the Rockies ,no shame in that,considering they have dominated minor and u16 level the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Was the Glenbower result a surprise? I thought hurling was the main game in Imokilly

• Advertisement

Boots234 wrote: »
    Was the Glenbower result a surprise? I thought hurling was the main game in Imokilly

Im nt sure to be honest ,dont know much bout both teams.

Seamus harnedy and deane means i know more bout Glenbower.

Mtichestown being a football club i would say be favs on monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement