Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Carthy303 wrote: »
    You have got to take into consideration that the Gaelic Grounds is a bit of a hole for that one.Not the ground itself but the location.I know plenty of people,myself included, that wouldnt travel to Limerick even for a Munster hurling/football final.Its just a pain to travel to and from.

I see your point but I'll be doing my best to get there for the U21 final anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

We had absolutely no problems getting in and out of Limerick, and that includes getting a parking spot five minutes away. It was actually easier then your typical trip to Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Carthy303

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I see your point but I'll be doing my best to get there for the U21 final anyway.

As will I.Hope I'm wrong but we might be part of a small crowd on our side especially given the match is on tg4.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

As will I.Hope I'm wrong but we might be part of a small crowd on our side especially given the match is on tg4.

There was a fairly big Cork crowd at the semi against Tipp and that was also on tg4 so would presume the following will only grow.

Indie. wrote: »
    There was a fairly big Cork crowd at the semi against Tipp and that was also on tg4 so would presume the following will only grow.

Thurles is only a short spin now with the motorway but fair point.

Anybody know when Cork Minor Footballers are playing against Dublin now?I know it had been orginally fixed for the bank holiday Monday but im assuming thats changed now because there is no bank holiday Q/F this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Rebel Fan

Thurles is only a short spin now with the motorway but fair point.

Anybody know when Cork Minor Footballers are playing against Dublin now?I know it had been orginally fixed for the bank holiday Monday but im assuming thats changed now because there is no bank holiday Q/F this year?

GAA website says it's on the bank holiday Monday at 4.00 in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Rebel Fan wrote: »
    GAA website says it's on the bank holiday Monday at 4.00 in Portlaoise

Correct preceded by Tipp V Meath

So Tipps reward for winning Munster is a Q/F..and Cork lose a Munster final and get a....Q/F??makes sense alright:rolleyes:

At last we agree on something, there is a God after all!!!:)

I'm sure most posters will have seen that gutter journalist Brolly's article about Cork the other day, for a very good article today go to irishtimes.com and read Darragh O Se's analysis of the top teams at the minute, a great read and all very true IMO, nice to see that nobody has backed up that geek from Derry!

• Advertisement

I'm sure most posters will have seen that gutter journalist Brolly's article about Cork the other day, for a very good article today go to irishtimes.com and read Darragh O Se's analysis of the top teams at the minute, a great read and all very true IMO, nice to see that nobody has backed up that geek from Derry!

Excellent article.The guy calls a spade a spade.No bulls**t!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Am i right in saying that we only had four left-footed forwards on the football squad this year and all four are now out injured (O'Neill, Sheehan, Goulding & O'Driscoll), unbelievably unlucky if true?

Am i right in saying that we only had four left-footed forwards on the football squad this year and all four are now out injured (O'Neill, Sheehan, Goulding & O'Driscoll), unbelievably unlucky if true?

Is Fintan Gould not left footed?

Correct and right.He is a lefty!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

I was under the impression that he was naturally right footed although he did score 1-2 with his left on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Excellent article.The guy calls a spade a spade.No bulls**t!

As much as I disliked him on the field, I've got to say i'm beginning to like Darragh O Se. For a player with as much success as O Se, He's one Kerry man that always praises Cork football and doesn't give them any disrespect like Brolly. He was fully confident in Cork last year that they would go all the way and he was right.

At least if someone was to give Cork disrespect it should be O Se but he has played against many of this Cork team before and every-though Cork have been found wanting against Kerry on many occasions, he knows that Cork are no bad team.

At the end of the day Brolly was only an average player and won hardly sweet fcuk all and I think he should just quit his jibber jabbing and call a spade a spade for once.

teednab-el wrote: »
    At the end of the day Brolly was only an average player and won hardly sweet fcuk all and I think he should just quit his jibber jabbing and call a spade a spade for once.

And your been completely impartial here :rolleyes: Brolly was not only an average player and he won 7 National titles and two all-stars, try actually reading he's article where he was talking about Cork football, there is as much positive as negative and he backed up every criticism with facts and reasoned theories.

So Tipps reward for winning Munster is a Q/F..and Cork lose a Munster final and get a....Q/F??makes sense alright:rolleyes:

The only advantage for winning is you play the runner up from the opposing province as opposed to the champions, Dublin looked very impressive in Leinster so it may be quite an advantage.

And your been completely impartial here :rolleyes: Brolly was not only an average player and he won 7 National titles and two all-stars, try actually reading he's article where he was talking about Cork football, there is as much positive as negative and he backed up every criticism with facts and reasoned theories.

Many of the Cork team have just as much success as him and he feels he has the right to criticise Cork. We could criticise Derry the same, how come they only won 1 All Ireland and nothing sense.

Many of the Cork team have just as much success as him and he feels he has the right to criticise Cork. We could criticise Derry the same, how come they only won 1 All Ireland and nothing sense.

So firstly you claimed he had won fcuk all, now you accept he has won as much as, if not more than most of the Cork lads, but the big question here is what relevance does that have to anything, if thats your qualifying criteria for a pundit surely we should just have the entire Kerry team of the early eighties doing all the analysis.

Not one person on the seperate thread on Brolly has an issue with what he said from outside of Cork, Dara O Se writes one flattering article and he goes from been the spawn of the devil to a gentleman :D

• Advertisement

So firstly you claimed he had won fcuk all, now you accept he has won as much as, if not more than most of the Cork lads, but the big question here is what relevance does that have to anything, if thats your qualifying criteria for a pundit surely we should just have the entire Kerry team of the early eighties doing all the analysis.

Not one person on the seperate thread on Brolly has an issue with what he said from outside of Cork, Dara O Se writes one flattering article and he goes from been the spawn of the devil to a gentleman :D

Well Brolly is meant to be god here and knows everything about football, won his once in his lifetime All Ireland, blows kisses when he scores and the Cork team are useless and only fell over the line to win All Ireland and cant beat Kerry.

I could understand if O Se would criticise, he would be well entitled to as he played against this Cork team and knows the ins and outs but in the end of the day he has too much respect for them as players.

Well Brolly is meant to be god here and knows everything about football, won his once in his lifetime All Ireland, blows kisses when he scores and the Cork team are useless and only fell over the line to win All Ireland and cant beat Kerry.

I could understand if O Se would criticise, he would be well entitled to as he played against this Cork team and knows the ins and outs but in the end of the day he has too much respect for them as players.

Have you read the actual article, doesnt sound like it to me, no where in it does he say they were useless, he does suggest that they will need to beat Kerry in Croke Park to be considered a great team, something surely even you agree with??

And who said Brolly was god, he is a pundit and journalist asked to give hes opinions which he does and in fairness to him backs em up, seems to have touched a nerve on leeside, I wonder why :D

O Se is saying only positive things about Cork becasue that is the definition of being a cute Kerry hoor, jaysus I thought ye'd have picked up on this by now ;)

FYI Dara O Se has written many positive and negative articles about Cork, but I would rate him as high as Spillane and O Rourke because he speaks the truth. Did you actually read the article in The Gaelic Life? Graham Canty over-rated! Cork bored their way to an All-Ireland last year, Cork are a dumb team, primitive approach to football blah blah blah!!! The only thing I would agree with in his article is that Cork have failed against Kerry when it really mattered, but in fairness everybody knew that before this article was published anyway. The article was a very mocking and disrespectful opinion on Cork football. Put it this way, Cork people are as outraged now as Kilkenny people were when Donal Og came out with his famous "Stepford Wives" remarks. Comments like these are taken as personal insults by players and supporters alike, how would you feel if Ger Loughnane or Tomas Mulcahy wrote an insulting article like that about Tipp hurling, you'd be shouting from the rooftops and rightly so. The content of the article was insulting, but what has enraged Cork people more than anything is the perception that Brolly is mocking and laughing at Cork people. Some will say that we're over-reacting but 250000 people can't all be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

FYI Dara O Se has written many positive and negative articles about Cork, but I would rate him as high as Spillane and O Rourke because he speaks the truth. Did you actually read the article in The Gaelic Life? Graham Canty over-rated! Cork bored their way to an All-Ireland last year, Cork are a dumb team, primitive approach to football blah blah blah!!! The only thing I would agree with in his article is that Cork have failed against Kerry when it really mattered, but in fairness everybody knew that before this article was published anyway. The article was a very mocking and disrespectful opinion on Cork football. Put it this way, Cork people are as outraged now as Kilkenny people were when Donal Og came out with his famous "Stepford Wives" remarks. Comments like these are taken as personal insults by players and supporters alike, how would you feel if Ger Loughnane or Tomas Mulcahy wrote an insulting article like that about Tipp hurling, you'd be shouting from the rooftops and rightly so. The content of the article was insulting, but what has enraged Cork people more than anything is the perception that Brolly is mocking and laughing at Cork people. Some will say that we're over-reacting but 250000 people can't all be wrong.

ah sure if that is not praise I dont know what is:pac::pac::pac:

LOL you havent followed Ger Loughnanes career very closely he spent years writing bile about Tipp, some of it bordering on slander, I took it for what it was, a compliment, no-one writes about loosers, its a back handed compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

LOL you havent followed Ger Loughnanes career very closely he spent years writing bile about Tipp, some of it bordering on slander, I took it for what it was, a compliment, no-one writes about loosers, its a back handed compliment.

Every Tipp person I know when he wrote that were having kittens for what he said about Tipp.

I would take it as a compliment if Spillane, O Rourke, Dara O Se or Colm Keyes had wrote it, personally I've never rated Brolly or Martin Mc Hugh as pundits, gutter journalists IMO that write insulting articles about different counties. For example, recently Brolly was quoted as saying "I've never rated Paddy O Rourke as a manager anyway" It's remarks like these, personal insults on respectable GAA folk that make me want to puke sometimes. I'm as thich skinned as anybody and have read articles from journalists and pundits criticising Cork teams in the past and I have agreed with them. This article was insulting in its language and tone about Cork football in general.

I would take it as a compliment if Spillane, O Rourke, Dara O Se or Colm Keyes had wrote it, personally I've never rated Brolly or Martin Mc Hugh as pundits, gutter journalists IMO that write insulting articles about different counties. For example, recently Brolly was quoted as saying "I've never rated Paddy O Rourke as a manager anyway" It's remarks like these, personal insults on respectable GAA folk that make me want to puke sometimes. I'm as thich skinned as anybody and have read articles from journalists and pundits criticising Cork teams in the past and I have agreed with them. This article was insulting in its language and tone about Cork football in general.

Brolly is a far more qualified and educated man than the first three you have mentioned and you lambast him for writing insulting articles yet refer to him as a ''gutter journalist'', the irony is almost funny.

Off course he has rubed people up the wrong way, becasue he is not one who hides behind cliches and is not afraid to go against the grain, he should be applauded for this not ridiculed, there are far too many so called pundits just happy to tow the line imo.

Brolly is a far more qualified and educated man than the first three you have mentioned and you lambast him for writing insulting articles yet refer to him as a ''gutter journalist'', the irony is almost funny.

Off course he has rubed people up the wrong way, becasue he is not one who hides behind cliches and is not afraid to go against the grain, he should be applauded for this not ridiculed, there are far too many so called pundits just happy to tow the line imo.

You're completely missing my point here, he may be qualified as a journalist but as a football expert he hasn't a clue what he's talking about IMO. People like Spillane and Colm O Rourke have won the medals, they have been top sportsmen in their fields and have earned the right to speak, just because Brolly is far more educated doesn't mean he can't be rated as a gutter journalist, no irony just my personal opinion. For example, I have a business degree, I graduated with 35 other students, out of the 35 I would only give about 7 or 8 a job in my company tomorrow if one came up. The rest might have the qualifications on paper but couldn't run a business in a million years. Brolly is a prat and a joke, pure and simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What you have or haven't won says absolutely nothing about your ability to analyse a game.

By your logic several Kerrymen are far and away the best placed people to judge football.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement