Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2011 Preperations

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i cannot wait till christmas already!!

anyone have any plans sorted early or is it just me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

ene wrote: »
    i cannot wait till christmas already!!

anyone have any plans sorted early or is it just me??

Definitely not ;) I'm so excited for Christmas, I'll be visiting my boyfriend for the holidays and we're doing long distance at the moment so it'll be extra special. Already been talking about what we what to do and listing Christmas movies we want to watch (Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Home Alone :pac:). I need to learn how to make a turkey soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

"There goes Mr. Humbug, there goes Mr. Grim if they gave a prize for being mean the winner would be him"
    Ah lads! now you have forced me to put on the soundtrack to "The Muppet Christmas Carol" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

No cheeses for us mices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Definitely not ;) I'm so excited for Christmas, I'll be visiting my boyfriend for the holidays and we're doing long distance at the moment so it'll be extra special. Already been talking about what we what to do and listing Christmas movies we want to watch (Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Home Alone :pac:). I need to learn how to make a turkey soon!

Exactly the same as me! I went to tesco today and fawned over the christmas bits and bobs! My mum thinks I'm mad! :D

• Advertisement

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Exactly the same as me! I went to tesco today and fawned over the christmas bits and bobs! My mum thinks I'm mad! :D
    The hypocrite I'm engaged to stands tutting and rolling his eyes as I also fawn over the Christmas aisle in Tesco and then gives out stink if I buy anything cos it's "too early". I usually mutter "Ebeneezer" at him, knowing that come Christmas he'll be content to stuff himself with the very goodies I'm buying.:p
    Oh for a dose of the three Ghosts for him........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Exactly washiskin! I've already got my xmas cards, pressie labels. I'm on the hunt for a fab wrapping paper!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The hallmark shops do lovely, good quality wrapping papers. :)
    Penneys also have some great ones at a good price.

M&S and Heatons have their Gift Wrap out - 3 for 2 in M&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Family did Kris Kringle today and I got my younger sister. My other sister is going to help me pick something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

Can't wait to get the chocolate christmas calendar where you have to eat a chocolate for each day until christmas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

:eek::eek::eek: I always thought they made themselves and we just cooked them! :D

:eek::eek::eek: I always thought they made themselves and we just cooked them! :D

Hehe whoops! Yeah, I've never done it before and am a little intimidated... Need to have a practice run soon! I love leftovers, too... nothing like a turkey and stuffing sandwhich for lunch om nom nom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

Just thought i would throw this in here - this is a class website!

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I know the Americans can go totally overboard for holidays....but the Better Homes & Garden website is amazing!

Link

Alicat wrote: »
    I know the Americans can go totally overboard for holidays....but the Better Homes & Garden website is amazing!

Link

Haha we do! I'm too poor to do much besides bake cookies and decorate my 12" tree, though :) Every year we drive around admiring people's lights and decorations. Most are pretty tacky (like inflatable snowmen!) but some are nice and classy. There are a couple things out in stores here now for Christmas, but mostly it's Halloween and then Thanksgiving stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My sister told me yesterday what she wants for Christmas so I get to buy my first present this week. It's great to be able to spread out the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Can't wait to get the chocolate christmas calendar where you have to eat a chocolate for each day until christmas. :)

Was looking at these yesterday and wondering if it was too early to buy them... that said I left it a bit too late last year and ended up with one that wasn't that good, chocolate was revolting so might but one in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

Cant beleive how cold it it this morning, have started to sing to myself
    'its begining to feel alot like christmas'

woohoo cant wait, I was in woodies diy last friday in Limerick and they had a HUGE christmas section!!

Have to start getting organised,

1 present got so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

ow are the preparations going? Any farmers out shopping today?

• Advertisement
Advertisement