Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2011 Preperations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I found the most fantastic sterling silver decorations today! Very expensive but I'll have them forever, so I treated myself and the tree to two little reindeer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Giselle wrote: »
    I found the most fantastic sterling silver decorations today! Very expensive but I'll have them forever, so I treated myself and the tree to two little reindeer.:)

Good for you! :-p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was doing a bit of travelling around Europe in August so my preparations stalled, as it still seemed very summery (rare to have a day below 30 degrees) but now I'm home, it's cold, it's September- aaargh!! Must prepare!
    Bring it on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Well I've started Santa for the kids, mine are still quite young so fortunately for me, I pick most of their pressies!

I ordered a couple of new Christmas decorations online and even some films I hadn't got yet. I finished my brothers Christmas shopping yesterday as he is dreadful at picking presents and I even wrote his Christmas cards. I'm not allowed to do ours yet because the OH won't let me. He's trying to break my Christmas Spirit, me thinks! Says it won't be as festive if we start too early.

Roll on the cold, snowy, dark evenings, wrapping present by twinkle light!

I think it's more festive when you can concentrate on looking forward to Christmas, going to the Christmas market, watching the Christmas lights get switched on etc.. rather than getting bogged down with buying wrapping paper, worrying that your online ordered gifts won't come on time, writing cards and so on. :)

I want to be super prepared this year. I'm already wracked with worry that I won't have my shopping done by the end of September, eek! :eek:

Must. Make. Lists. Lots. Of. Lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

just bought my first christmas pressie. the shopping offically begins now.. hehe all excited.
    1 present done, dont even wanna think about how many more to go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

having just got my winter semester timetable today i can say this. people who are expecting presents off me - if you cannot buy it online you will NOT be getting it. there is obviously the no money thing - poor starving student - but there is now the no time thing. and if the online retailer will wrap the things mores the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

hdowney wrote: »
    having just got my winter semester timetable today i can say this. people who are expecting presents off me - if you cannot buy it online you will NOT be getting it. there is obviously the no money thing - poor starving student - but there is now the no time thing. and if the online retailer will wrap the things mores the better :)

People LOVE handmade gifts ;), cost next to nothing, and we all know students don't do any work anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to make them! :p *

* I am kidding, by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I've made a start and have 3 or 4 pressies got. I will have to make a list this weekend and really get moving. I love when all the pressies are wrapped early as I hate to be rushing at the last minute. Lots of stuff starting to creep into the shops now.....lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Well I have been buying things for my niece and nephew and am making them cuddly toys. I want to have little Santa sacks for them, so it's handy picking up bits and pieces every week or so, to fill them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Gonna do less lurking and more posting here lawds! :)
    The other day I was horse riding around 8pm outdoors and it was getting dark and there was a nip in the evening, but all the lights were on in the stable blocks and along the lanes, really looked Christmassy and was the first pang of excitement for me for the year!
    Buzzin for it now :D 13 weeks today so it is!

deise_girl wrote: »
    Gonna do less lurking and more posting here lawds! :)
    The other day I was horse riding around 8pm outdoors and it was getting dark and there was a nip in the evening, but all the lights were on in the stable blocks and along the lanes, really looked Christmassy and was the first pang of excitement for me for the year!
    Buzzin for it now :D 13 weeks today so it is!

LOL love it!:D

Just booked my trip to Trento in Italy for the Xmas market! Four of us are going for three days and I can't wait! Roll on December :)

Giselle wrote: »
    Just booked my trip to Trento in Italy for the Xmas market! Four of us are going for three days and I can't wait! Roll on December :)

Oh you lucky thing! I'm going to London at the end of November so hopefully there'll be a bit of a Christmas atmosphere!!:D

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh you lucky thing! I'm going to London at the end of November so hopefully there'll be a bit of a Christmas atmosphere!!:D

Its great to have something to look forward to :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've got a fair whack of my presents bought now :D

Me too! :D
    Anyone know where you can buy festive wrapping paper this time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Posy wrote: »
    Me too! :D
    Anyone know where you can buy festive wrapping paper this time of year?

Started my Christmas shopping today and found lovely Disney Christmas wrapping paper in pennys. Had lots of other designs too. Soooooo excited :) 12 weeks and a bit, woohoo! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

any hotels doing christmas offers ???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

any hotels doing christmas offers ???

Where abouts are you looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Went onto YT and watched Straight No Chaser's "Christmas Can-Can" - yeah I said it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Well, ate my first half of a mince pie (there is a long way to go :D ) today, and very nice it was from Asda! :pac:

All my presents are now bought, wrapped and in the attic awaiting the Christmas season.
    The pile of them looks great, woop! :D

Hallmark sheets of wrapping paper are quite pricey but SO worth it, they're amazing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Despite starting this thread quite some time ago I still have absolutely nothing done. Nothing. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Whispered wrote: »
    Despite starting this thread quite some time ago I still have absolutely nothing done. Nothing. :o

Ditto & am starting to freak out ever so slightly :(
    Cash is a bit tighter and stress is a lot higher so I really need to get my thinking cap on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

OK watched my first "Christmas Carol" of the year last night - sitting in my Christmas jimjams from 2 years ago with a slice of toasted Stollen under me snowflake lights - great start. :)

washiskin wrote: »
    OK watched my first "Christmas Carol" of the year last night - sitting in my Christmas jimjams from 2 years ago with a slice of toasted Stollen under me snowflake lights - great start. :)

Haha love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I've started, I just want to be prepared this year money wise.

Whens too early to order turkey,ham and beef for the big day? It's my first xmas just me and the OH so I wanna make it special!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I've started, I just want to be prepared this year money wise.

Whens too early to order turkey,ham and beef for the big day? It's my first xmas just me and the OH so I wanna make it special!

You can order in your butchers now. I remember doing my first Christmas dinner, and was a bit nervous in case I ballsed it up >.< I watched my mother for years preparing the dinner, shes so uptight about it. We're all either told we're in the way, or a bunch of useless f**kers :D

I decided I was going to take my time, enjoy a couple of glasses of wine while preparing, and I let others get involved. It was really nice :)

For some help and ideas, snoop around cooking and recipes closer to Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Abi wrote: »
    You can order in your butchers now. I remember doing my first Christmas dinner, and was a bit nervous in case I ballsed it up >.< I watched my mother for years preparing the dinner, shes so uptight about it. We're all either told we're in the way, or a bunch of useless f**kers :D

I decided I was going to take my time, enjoy a couple of glasses of wine while preparing, and I let others get involved. It was really nice :)

For some help and ideas, snoop around cooking and recipes closer to Christmas :)

Thanks very much. It'll just be a cosy day, me, the OH and the two doggies! I'm really really looking forward to it now. I'm so excited. Time to buy cute table decorations I think!

Advertisement