Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

COngrats futurebaby you lucky thing!
    Id love to see my little bundle a few days early :D

5 days and counting...

Hope you are all well
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Is anyone else getting mental baby-related dreams lately? I'm 34 and a half weeks, and every night I have some weird baby dream (some horrific but mostly just odd/funny).

Maybe I am subconsciously more anxious than I realised!

Once I dreamt all of The Sopranos were waiting outside the delivery room to see what I had:confused:
    Another time I dreamt the baby was a massive coloured baby with red hair, wearing a hideous green woolly suit, and I was telling himself it was only coloured because it was premature :o
    Recently, I dreamt I had the baby, and I had absolutely nothing got, not a vest or a bottle. To make it worse, the baby kept going missing on me. I found it lying on the path to the side of my mother's house, just in a vest, not even in a buggy. Tell ya, that particular dream spurred me on to go out and buy a few bits:)
    Sometimes I dream it's a girl, sometimes a boy. I think it's playing on my mind that my eldest girl is praying for a brother, while the youngest wants a sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You know were going to be like busses, nothing for ages then we'll all go together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You know were going to be like busses, nothing for ages then we'll all go together :)

It's typical!
    How's everyone doing?
    I'm good - 35 weeks tomorrow :)
    My emotions are ruling me completely now! Keep getting overwhelmed and anxious about when the baby comes! More I can't believe she's coming so soon!! I just think I've so so much to do and the time is really creeping up on me!!! I can't wait to meet her tho!!! Trying to get the nursery in order at the mo, husbands painting away and I'm watching from a distance!! ;)
    It's nice tho now to be on the home stretch - its exciting times!!

Ha, Ha as long as war doesnt break out about the paint being wrong etc! I have everything done that I can but the more I wait the more stuff I bring into the house, other half is going to kill me. I must have enough nappies for the nest 6 months for 2 kids!

I keep feeling I could go any day even though it could be the 11th of Feb at the latest. The course of going early on the first!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Amelie84

dublinlady wrote: »
    It's typical!
    How's everyone doing?
    I'm good - 35 weeks tomorrow :)
    My emotions are ruling me completely now! Keep getting overwhelmed and anxious about when the baby comes! More I can't believe she's coming so soon!! I just think I've so so much to do and the time is really creeping up on me!!! I can't wait to meet her tho!!! Trying to get the nursery in order at the mo, husbands painting away and I'm watching from a distance!! ;)
    It's nice tho now to be on the home stretch - its exciting times!!

35 weeks too.. and am getting more and more excited about the thought of having a baby soon!! Will it come early? Will it be late? It could be very soon 3 weeks? or it can take a while, 6 weeks? It's just the best feeling ever to know, it's not long to go! In the beginning I loved being pregnant and now I just want to meet the baby! I am most curious about how it will look like since my boyfriend is irish, having black hair and brown eyes, and I am blond with blue eyes... :) CAN'T wait !! and also not knowing the gender makes everything an even bigger surprise ! :)
    I think everything is kinda sorted now. I can finally lay back and try to enjoy the last "me" time. 3 last weeks at work now..

Did anyone else have their baby yet?? (due in january ??)

heartburn is a bit annoying right now, but that's alright I suppose.
    Do ye also feel the baby stinging into ur bladder at times? (head is down since week 27) and now I feel it more and more moving around the pelvis area. the head moves, and the hands punch into my hips at times :D

I wish you all exciting last few weeks!! (I CAN'T WAIT)

Hi all, had my last hospital appointment today, and this is my last time posting with a bump! Am heading in to the hospital for 7.30 tomorrow morning for c section. Not sure what time I'll be going down at. I don't think I'll sleep much tonight between excitement and nerves:eek:. Can't wait to see what I have, I've really no feeling either way. So tomorrow I'll either have 3 daughters, or 2 daughters and a son:D All going well I should be home again on Sunday, so if not before that, I'll log in and tell ye the news. I've really enjoyed being part of this thread, and am gonna keep reading till everyone has their baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

Best wishes 73Cat - oh the excitement....

Oh my god 73 that's amazing ! Must be such a strange feeling!! All the very best of luck tom, and enjoy meeting your new bundle!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and a well behaved baba ;) x

• Registered Users Posts: 23 khaki

Woops looks like I'm a little bit late! Due on Feb 5th, love reading how everyone is doing!
    Almost there :)

• Advertisement

oohhh ALL THE BEST 73cat !!! and yes please let us know how everything went, how you are and of corse ALL about the new little baby :)

Nursery really starting to take shape - its mad looking at the cot etc. so exciting! 4 weeks 3 days to go and really really just can't wait!! Sorry I'm sure I'll say that about another 30 times on this thread before the babs arrives!! Can't stop organising things lately - built the nursery chair tonight even tho I know it's too heavy for me to be lifting and awkward to be leaning around - but I was like a mad woman - just had to get it done!! The babies hiccups woke me up last night for the first time - poor thing , she normally get them about twice a day but never so badly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ooh best wishes 73cat!

Ok well fun times are over, pregnancy has been so easy til about the start of last week (36 weeks). Now I am uncomfortable all the time...getting bigger ever day, can't sleep etc. Luckily I will get to meet my little man this day next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I know the feeling Ivy! I just cannot wait to meet our little baba! I feel like everyday is just dragging by! And theres still 5 weeks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

congrats to all the new mums. I am still waiting, overdue since Sunday. Went to the hospital on Tuesday when I was 40weeks+2 and they done a sweep. then 24 hours later I lost the mucus plug and was very hopeful it was a sign of the baby coming, but no such luck. I rang the midwife who said not to come in unless there was constant contractions or waters break. now its Friday and every pain or kick i feel, i am thinking is this it...........just want to see my baby at this stage. Not back to the hospital till Tuesday......

Was the sweep painful ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

No it was ok and only took two minutes. The Dr. called in the nurse. she distracted me from the pain.

I'm not due till the 31st of Jan but my patients have disappeared, I cant wait to not be pregnant and have all this over with.

I even mentioned castor oil to a friend who works in medicine and he warned me not to be hasty...

Come one babs, get your skates on....

Hi all, home again at last today. Eibhlís -Rose was born at 2.45pm last Wednesday, 7lbs exactly:D. All went well with the c section, I'm recovering well, just the stitches to come out now on Tuesday. She's great, a little and often feeder, full head of darkish hair, which was a surprise! She made Hector's birth notices last Thursday! The very best of luck to you all now, I'll be tuning in to find out your news:)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Congrats 73cat! We had our beautiful baby girl on Jan 14th. I'm so in love with her its unbelievable! She is just amazing
    Best of luck everyone!
    X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

Me and my partner have been keeping an eye on this thread for the last few months and reading with interest everyone's post. Although she never posted here but we got a lot info and enjoyment from reading it.
    Yesterday we went into Holles St. and had a baby girl at 19:30. Mum was induced and had a 6 hour labour and an 8 minute delivery (!). Everything so far has gone really well, although baby and mum can't come home until tomorrow morning.
    Best of luck to everyone else out there going in over the next few weeks. I must say if anyone is in Holles St, the midwives and staff are really nice!

fjon wrote: »
    Me and my partner have been keeping an eye on this thread for the last few months and reading with interest everyone's post. Although she never posted here but we got a lot info and enjoyment from reading it.
    Yesterday we went into Holles St. and had a baby girl at 19:30. Mum was induced and had a 6 hour labour and an 8 minute delivery (!). Everything so far has gone really well, although baby and mum can't come home until tomorrow morning.
    Best of luck to everyone else out there going in over the next few weeks. I must say if anyone is in Holles St, the midwives and staff are really nice!

Big congrats :)
    Always nice to hear good things about holles st as ya hear so many horror stories too! I have found them to be excellent so far tho! Wishing the three of you health and happiness!

Quins5 wrote: »
    Congrats 73cat! We had our beautiful baby girl on Jan 14th. I'm so in love with her its unbelievable! She is just amazing
    Best of luck everyone!
    X

Ah that's great Quins5, many congrats!! All the best with your little woman:D

My mucus plug went yesterday and slowly yesterday and today 'leakage' is happening. Has this happened to anybody else - my due date was yesterday 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

73Cat wrote: »
    Hi all, home again at last today. Eibhlís -Rose was born at 2.45pm last Wednesday, 7lbs exactly:D. All went well with the c section, I'm recovering well, just the stitches to come out now on Tuesday. She's great, a little and often feeder, full head of darkish hair, which was a surprise! She made Hector's birth notices last Thursday! The very best of luck to you all now, I'll be tuning in to find out your news:)

Congrats on the birth, quick question how did you manage to get out so quick, I've had 2 sections and had to stay in for 5 days/nights on each, due again in June and if I can get out early than the 5 days I need to know;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AmcGo

MaxCharlie wrote: »
    My mucus plug went yesterday and slowly yesterday and today 'leakage' is happening. Has this happened to anybody else - my due date was yesterday 25th.
    Hi MaxCharlie,

Mine went this morning, I'm 6 days overdue so it was good to see something happening and hopefully it shouldn't  be much longer as the cramping is ongoing. I phone the hospital and they said labour could well start within 48-72 hours :)

I had been very uncomfortable for the last few weeks and was cracking up waiting but  the last few days have been mostly brilliant. I've the most energy I've had since I conceived, am in great humour and alls ready for the baby.
     I struck gold at the library too. After reading everything in the baby section indiscriminately, I've been laughing my ass off while being educated by Babies, the mumsnet guide. It's brilliant. For anyone killing time like me, another lovely read was called The Book of Fire.

Best of luck

Hi all my little boundle was born on Thursday night - went to hospital at 9pm and Joe arrived at 11.30 pm - nice and fast. Ill update birth thread over the next few days. He is a healthy 8lbs and 7oz with a nice head of black hair. Came home on Friday just after lunchtime and settling in nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Congrats to everyone whos had their baby I'm jealous :) I always check this thread but don't post too much. I was due last Tuesday still waiting.

Had appointment with consultant last Thursday and she was really pushing me to come in next Thursday for induction. I refused I really don't want to be induced and I'm not that far overdue yet. So I agreed to come in next Thursday for a scan to check baby is ok pretty sure its fine lots of strong movement still.

I asked about a sweep as she said induction would start with gel. Consultant said she doesn't do sweeps as she doesn't think they work!! If I have to be induced I would like to start with a sweep so could I ask for a different consultant or midwife to give me a sweep?

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! soo many having a baby now!! aahh I can't wait, am so jealous but really happy for ye guys ! :D

My due date is in 3,5 weeks but the head is fully engaged and I am so hoping to have it as soon as possible. the dr. said if the head is down so early, these women tend not to go overdue!
    -sometimes I can't walk because its just lying weird and hurting me around my bladder, pelvis, etc.

I also have many braxton hicks contractions.. they are all vey obvious/ strong and becoming more frequent.

and my mom had all 3 of us 10 days early. so that's what I am hoping for myself! *fingers crossed* as long as it's ready when it comes out it can be as soon as possible (for my sake) hehe

I hope you are all well and settling with your little ones :) oohh it must be so great to finally get to see them :)

• Advertisement

I'm lying here in a hospital bed with my little man, he was born at 23.23 on sat 28th of jan. Born 20 mins after we arrived at the hospital and after 2 pushes! And the only thing i can think of is, wahey, i wont have to go to the hospital appointment/clinic on tuesday!

Advertisement