Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Just saw my facebook status and this time last year I was 20 weeks pregnant so I started wondering about you girls and how you are all getting on.
    I am a bit biased when it comes to January babies;) I am one and so are my daughters!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Great! I just realised i'm 24 weeks today. And my first little man just turned 20 months today as well. Time is flying :pac: Hope everyone else is well too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

16 weeks this weekend :-)
    Scan yesterday and baby looked fab!!! Couldn't believe how big and real it looked!!!! Dying to meet him/her now!!!!
    Have vomiting bug tho since lastnight and strange stomach cramps, they don't feel near the baba tho so hopefully ok!!!
    Think I'm feeling fluttering also?! Is it too early?? When did you guys first feel it?? Could just be the tummy bug!! Haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

MiMi P wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope all is well.

We had the 20 week scan yesterday and it was amazing:D:D:D
    The baby is doing really well, slightly ahead of schedule with weight, almost a pound now, apparently it is to be expected because both myself and my husband are very tall.... no 6 pound baby for me;) Could see all the bones, hands, feet, fingers, toes, heart, stomach.... it was mental. Baby was totally chilled at the start, lying with hands behind head and ankles crossed, just like hubbie does when he is watching the football:)
    Then started leaping around like a mad thing, it was amazing!!!!

So on the downhill slope now towards the big day..... hard to believe really. Feeling very well at the mo, loads of energy, hoping to head to Spain for a week towards the end of September, can't wait for a bit of sun and heat.

woohoo congrats Mimi!! must be so exciting - I'm a full month behind you at 16 weeks but I've a quick question - I noticed your location is Cork - do you mind me asking are you public/private in CUMH? I'm public and I've a 20wk appointment in CUMH but not with the sonographer, so was wondering if it was standard/private to have a scan at 20wks??

definitely feeling urge for sun - have booked a week in the sunshine in Lanzarote in early October, can't wait!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

dublinlady wrote: »
    16 weeks this weekend :-)
    Scan yesterday and baby looked fab!!! Couldn't believe how big and real it looked!!!! Dying to meet him/her now!!!!
    Have vomiting bug tho since lastnight and strange stomach cramps, they don't feel near the baba tho so hopefully ok!!!
    Think I'm feeling fluttering also?! Is it too early?? When did you guys first feel it?? Could just be the tummy bug!! Haha!!

hope your feeling better after your bug!

i felt fluttering at at least 18 weeks. im quite skinny so i think thats why i felt it a bit early for a first timer! im 21 weeks now and the kicks/somersaults are fairly powerful at times. its great tho. roll on wednesday for my big scan. cant wait to see how big the baby is thats making all these moves! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

aviendha wrote: »
    woohoo congrats Mimi!! must be so exciting - I'm a full month behind you at 16 weeks but I've a quick question - I noticed your location is Cork - do you mind me asking are you public/private in CUMH? I'm public and I've a 20wk appointment in CUMH but not with the sonographer, so was wondering if it was standard/private to have a scan at 20wks??

definitely feeling urge for sun - have booked a week in the sunshine in Lanzarote in early October, can't wait!!!!:)

I am going public in CUMH- only had consultant appointment at 24 weeks no scan. I don't think CUMH offer anomally scans unless they are needed.
    I went and got a private anomally scan- well worth the peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

Its amazing how some hospitals do not do the anomally scan, you would think it would be top of the list to do....
    I have had a few flutters over the last few weeks and and weekend I have lots. Yesterday and today it was all quiet, but I went to my GP and he listen for heart beats and they where there, so I felt a lot better, I haven't felt any kicking, I am at 20wks now and I thought I would feel something but maybe it will later on, not sure though with twins..

Had a checkup in the antenatal clinic today. all went well thankfully but mentioned that my legs sometimes get mad itchy so they had to take a blood sample to rule out the possibliity of cholestatis of pregnancy - hopefully it will be ok, have to get a repeat check done next week. Fingers crossed but I think it unlikely anyway.

The doctor even showed me an app he has on his phone to see how many weeks gestation I am. Sure I could have told him that without checking a phone at all! :rolleyes:

How's everyone else doing?

Had my 21 weeks scan yeaterday and it was unbelievable.:eek: Baby was hanging around facing down as usual then he/she stretched its legs out fully! i then realised how im feeling so much with baby stretching its body out all over the place! so the sonographer was trying to measure the head then and every time she got close baby would move, a few times baby would put his/her hands to his/her head as if to say 'just leave me alone'!!! baby was hanging out at right hand side of pelvis. she said some babys like that. the head was buried!! also saw baby yawn! it was all so mad and made it so real. i didnt realise how clear you would see everything. saw hands, feet, fingers, toes, heart, stomach. so cool. al measurements are from 21 to 22 weeks so she said all seemed fine. i was on a high after it!!!

counting down big time now! cant wait to meet this little mover!! only 18 weeks left from tomorrow!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Had my 20 week scan today. It's official now that all is well with baby, woo hoo:D! Am awake since 4.30 in a heap of nerves. I'm going to relax now and enjoy, as last time was very tough finding out baby had spina bifida and
    hydrocephalus. Oh, the relief:D:D:D.
    Scan was mad, even saw the pads on soles of baby's feet. Definitely gonna try to stop worrying now if don't feel movement, as baby was moving mad and I couldn't feel it. I'd a full bladder and the poor thing was shunted to one side with it:eek:. Arms and legs all up near the baby's head, and he/she was turned in so couldn't get a pic of face. But what odds, I'm on cloud nine. If I wasn't pregnant I'd be cracking open something sparkling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

red did you get an official due date?. i haven't been on in a while but have been watching the threads very closely. we had or scan last week a few days shy of 20 weeks got lots of pics ( hope you got the same red) and found out what they're going to be.

How everyone here doing? :)
    I think i feel somebump growth coming on...havent grown in about 3 weeks but today have had stretching pains on both side on and off all day so im predicting a growth spurt!! Does anyone else get this? The last time i had these pains i got my first rounding of my belly over the next 2 days and no pains and no real growth since! I havent gotten a proper bump yet - its just a bit of rounding really - im 17 1/2 weeks - when did your bumps 'pop' out as such? Im intrigued by it all!! This is my first baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi Dublinlady,
    Im 23wks today woohoooo! I have found this passed week that iv suddenly gotten very big! So many people have said 'wow check out your bump!' Ive gone from looking like I ate all the pies last week to actually having a baby bump :o

So exciting tho :D:D:D

x

Quins5 wrote: »
    Hi Dublinlady,
    Im 23wks today woohoooo! I have found this passed week that iv suddenly gotten very big! So many people have said 'wow check out your bump!' Ive gone from looking like I ate all the pies last week to actually having a baby bump :o

So exciting tho :D:D:D

x

Yeah Quinn!! It is all v.exciting!! :)
    But 23 weeks.... Another 6 before I stop just looking fat???!! Boooo!!

Hi Dublinlady and quin

This is my first baby too and it is very exciting. I am 22 weeks 5 days:D and i def have my baby bump. other ppl think im big but i dont. well unless i look at a side view in the mirror then i look nice and big and round!!:D

feeling plenty of movement and loving it (til baby decides to be quiet:eek:).

im thinking i should be starting to do stuff at this stage but not sure what! cant wait til baby is bigger and i can feel more. he/she likes to jump around my bladder area. time seems to be flying :D

Hi Dublinlady and quin

This is my first baby too and it is very exciting. I am 22 weeks 5 days:D and i def have my baby bump. other ppl think im big but i dont. well unless i look at a side view in the mirror then i look nice and big and round!!:D

feeling plenty of movement and loving it (til baby decides to be quiet:eek:).

im thinking i should be starting to do stuff at this stage but not sure what! cant wait til baby is bigger and i can feel more. he/she likes to jump around my bladder area. time seems to be flying :D

Did your baby bump grow over a coule of days or gradually? So many qns!!! :)
    When dud it change from occasional fluttering to proper movement for you? Suppose just want a rough idea how long I have to wait and what to expect over the coming weeks! I'm so excited it's really starting to feel real now, I just can't wait to start decorating the nursery and buying bits and pieces!!
    Finding clothes tricky at the mOment - wearing maternity jeans which are great!- But not bug enough for maternity tops but too big for my regular stuff! Really don't want to buy in-between bits as I imagine (and hope!!) it will only be a 2-4 weeks before I fit into the maternity stuff!!
    Have to say tho really enjoying pregnancy so far!

Hi everyone, haven't been on this thread in while. All going well, 27 weeks tomorrow. I've had my blood glucose test done, all clear thankfully. was at doc this morning too for my blood tests for cholestasis and iron - I feel like a human pin-cushion! Am looking forward to a break from doctor's appointments for the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 midnightdream

Haven't been on in ages but follow it! 20 weeks today and the last few days I felt proper kicks, not just this floating feeling I had! Have to sit quiet and concentrate on them but def kicking!
    I felt I put on a lot of weight in the last week as well, still feel rather fat then pregnant but getting there!
    I dont have a scale at home so not sure about my actual weight gain! Very exciting and so far I love it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Hi all..... 23 weeks today and finally looking pregnant, with a bump!!!! It took a while arriving but it seems to be growing rapidly now it's here.... lots of movement going on but no actual kicks yet..... Ireland rugby match this morning did nothing for the blood pressure.... totally forgot myself and leapt out of my chair a few times cheering the lads on!!!! All in all going well so far, much more energy, some problems sleeping and some round ligament but nothing major..... seem to have the constipation under control..

Ref question asked of me earlier in thread, I am private in Cork so had scan at 12 weeks, 20 weeks and am due back again for another at 26 weeks.... not sure if this is the norm woth the consultant and never thought to ask...
    Started pregnancy yoga 2 weeks ago, and finding it really good and am starting pilates in 2 weeks as well. Hope everyone else is doing well, I can't believe how quickly time is passing!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Hi everyone!

I was 17 weeks pregnant yesterday! Trying to convince myself I can see a bump starting to grow but I have a feeling its a long way off yet! Im due the 28th of feb so could have a leap year baby :D

• Advertisement

Congrats Pippington and welcome :)

24 weeks wooohooo! time really is flying :D:D:D

Went looking at buggies over the weekend but still not ready to buy yet... too early i think :o

Hope you are all keeping well x

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Amelie84

Hi guys, I just found this forum and like to read others that are in the same situation :) am 18 weeks now (17+5) (due 23.of febr.)
    I can feel the baby kicking everyday it's nearly like it's never sleeping. I love it! sometimes it's really strong. I can see some of the kicks as well.
    I started to feel the flutters week 15 (14+5) it's my first baby. Everyone says it's very early...mmhh.. My 1. scan was in week 12 and I really want another scan but have heard and can read here, that CUMH do not do another scan, which is really sad! I hope you are all feeling really good and energetic now in the second trimester?

Hi Amelia, welcome! And yes the baby kicking is fantastic I love it too! :D

Im in Cork and yes you should get a 20wk scan at the CUMH, I did and we are going public. We met the consultant who did it in her room so it wasnt the darkened room of the midwife so a little more difficult to see but still great to see the baby kicking up a storm and the heart beating. :D:D:D

We have an Anatomy scan tomoro wooohoooo! Cant wait, Il keep ye posted!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Congrats Pippington and welcome :)

24 weeks wooohooo! time really is flying :D:D:D

Went looking at buggies over the weekend but still not ready to buy yet... too early i think :o

Hope you are all keeping well x

Hey Quins5, my wife and I did the same thing! We're 24 weeks. Theres so many its hard to know what to look at!

Hi Amelia, welcome! And yes the baby kicking is fantastic I love it too! :D

Im in Cork and yes you should get a 20wk scan at the CUMH, I did and we are going public. We met the consultant who did it in her room so it wasnt the darkened room of the midwife so a little more difficult to see but still great to see the baby kicking up a storm and the heart beating. :D:D:D

We have an Anatomy scan tomoro wooohoooo! Cant wait, Il keep ye posted!

x

Thanks Quins5 ! I was really worried because many here did not. Maybe I should just ask for one and see :) I have my appointment with an consultant next week at exactly 19 weeks. So I will see and ask :)

Am soo excited!

Well we had the Anatomy scan today and it was amazing, we saw everything! Except the gender as we want to keep the surprise :D

It took nearly 40mins and she was briliant, talking us through very angle. The baby was hopping around like a mad thing and she was laughin cos every time she was about to measure something zoooooom, the baby had hopped away! We saw babys face and it looked like it was smiling, such a cute chin and nose!
    Baby had one arm behind its head and its legs crossed, exactly how I was lying on the bed it was hilarious! :D:D:D

Loved it!

x

Well we had the Anatomy scan today and it was amazing, we saw everything! Except the gender as we want to keep the surprise :D

It took nearly 40mins and she was briliant, talking us through very angle. The baby was hopping around like a mad thing and she was laughin cos every time she was about to measure something zoooooom, the baby had hopped away! We saw babys face and it looked like it was smiling, such a cute chin and nose!
    Baby had one arm behind its head and its legs crossed, exactly how I was lying on the bed it was hilarious! :D:D:D

Loved it!

x

That is just lovely lovely lovely!!!! It must be so exciting!! I have my scan at 21 weeks so in 2 and half weeks! Can't wait!!! Still not much to report on the subject if movement.... Dying for it!!

Loved it!

x

eehm I'm actually 20 weeks on day of appt. next week. 19 tomorrow.
    anyway WOW sounds soooo cool !!!! was that expensive?
    I really want my scan now - next week... hehe We don't want to know the gender either ... want the surprise too! do ye have names yet?

congrats on the scan quins5! when i had mine i was amazed at how clear we could see anything and our baby was hopping around like a mad thing and didnt want its head measured!!

ill be 24 weeks tomorrow:eek::D so excited.

im worried at the moment cos i have a mild viral infection. cramps/pains in my belly/left side are scary but relieved when i do a poo (sorry if its too much info) feels like i should have diarrhia but think the pregnancy hormones are inhibiting it hence the worse pains! :( im really concentrating on feeling baby move for reassurance which might happen now or in a few hours! lots of movement during the night so happy with that and heart beat was strong yesterday.

pregnancy is such a crazy time. so brilliant and exciting but so scary if ya get sick or think something might go wrong!!

good luck to everyone with upcoming scans. :D

• Advertisement

Hi guys, the anatomy scan we had was amazing, made even more so as we werent expecting it! At the 20 wk scan, 4 wks ago, we mentioned a family history so the consultant asked us if we would like a cardiac check up so of course we said yes please!
    We got our appmt for 24 wks which is apparently the best time to do these scans. We arrived and the nurse explained she would be examining everything and taking loads of measurements and that it would take over 30mins!
    Total bonus and really exciting, we just thought we were having the heart checked!

So what Im saying is it is not a regular scan but if you have any concerns be sure to tell them and you'll probably get the scan too! We are going public by the way and so far we are very happy with our care (touches wood!;))

Best of luck to everyone awaiting scans
    x

hope you feel better soon Red Fraggle x

Advertisement