Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

oh my God thats so cool!:eek: id be afraid to go to a psychic! do you know if it is a boy?

i think maybe it is natures way of preparing us. i love sleeping in and enjoying my sleep. not any more. im either wide awake or uncomfortable! i really should have cherished it!!:P this is my first baby so it might be a shock for me!! ill prob be so worried about my baby ill be up every 2 seconds checking on him/her!

oh well it will be worth it!:D
    19 weeks exactly today. will be into my 20th week tomorrow! :D

No, I don't know, and am going to keep it a surprise. Only reason I'd find out nearer the time is if for any reason I had to be knocked out completely for section. Wasn't given the option first time and everyone else knew what I had before me:(. Second time I stayed awake, mad experience!

Mimi P, I'm having really vivid dreams too. They are more entertaining than real life at this stage:D Find I'm dreaming about my Dad quite a bit now too, think it's playing on my mind that he isn't here with us anymore to see this little one. Suppose that's only natural.

Today, I'm tired and worried as haven't felt much movement today. Just a few wriggles this morning when I was driving into town. Of course I'm telling myself something is wrong, rather than just thinking the baby is still so small yet. Its obvious I won't be feeling every move that's made.

Welcome Mommygoingloco:D. You are due 3 days after me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

Well the Blood pressure is up.. and so we are going for blood pressure check in the hospital next week.. to be there for 9.30 Anyone ever had this done? is it an all day affair? thinking about going for moral support for K, as I think she is feeling very down in herself, she keeps getting digs from her family about her been out from work and now she is feeling guilty about it. but gp signed her off for nausea which is easing a lot but is still there..

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Today, I'm tired and worried as haven't felt much movement today. Just a few wriggles this morning when I was driving into town. Of course I'm telling myself something is wrong, rather than just thinking the baby is still so small yet. Its obvious I won't be feeling every move that's made.

im the exact same!! didnt feel any movement this morning like i have the last few days and i was convinced somethin was wrong. since then i have felt a few wriggles. im only 19 weeks 2 days and i know some ppl dont even feel movement at this stage. and the baby prob moves to a spot where i cant feel it. its madness though. delighted to be into my 20th week! :)

hope everyone is feeling better today! :D

Well the Blood pressure is up.. and so we are going for blood pressure check in the hospital next week.. to be there for 9.30 Anyone ever had this done? is it an all day affair? thinking about going for moral support for K, as I think she is feeling very down in herself, she keeps getting digs from her family about her been out from work and now she is feeling guilty about it. but gp signed her off for nausea which is easing a lot but is still there..

Hey there, my blood pressure was up twice earlier on in the pregnancy. Personally, I think it was because I had walked down to GP, and I walk fast enough. She was concerned though, and told me to go into the practice nurse. I was sent home rigged up with a 24 hour BP monitor which took my BP every 15 mins. If it doesn't get a correct reading every 15mins, it tries again in 5 mins time. You have to keep arm out straight when it's reading, so awkward for driving etc. It's a nuisance to sleep with too, as it's strapped around the belly. with wires leading up to the BP cuff. Swear I felt like a suicide bomber:eek:. The next day they can print off all the readings taken over the 24hr period. I wonder will they suggest this at the hospital in your case? My BP was OK thankfully, but had been told should it not be, there was medication that can safely control it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi all, our first is due on the 8th January and we've just had the first scan. Everything went really well and we're delighted. Have to go back for another scan in 8 weeks because the diameter of the head was slightly large when she input it into the computer. Nothing to worry about we were told but still its something we are a bit worried about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

My better half is due with our first in Feb, had a scan at 14wks, not back to midwives clinic until 28wks. We are probably going to get an anomaly scan done privately at around 20wks.

Hope all the mums to be are doing well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

High BP, the bane of my pregnant life :D. I had it in my first pregnancy, which progressed to pre-eclampsia and although it's borderline at the mo, I've had 3 BP series test thingies so far.

I don't know what hospital you're going to, but the way they do it in Holles Street is they take you into the day ward, and they take a reading every half an hour, so subject to how busy they are she should be out in an hour and a half. How far along is she? They might take bloods, but it depends on the readings they get on the day. It's a lovely relaxed room with big leather chairs, a radio and angels for midwives! :D

You can go as moral support, it depends if she can relax by herself, or whether some-one else with her would wind her up. I know from my own experience I need time to get my head together and breathing under control before they take the test and having some one else there would distract me. Plus there is limited seating. I usually bring a bottle of water, a snack and a magazine sit back and enjoy the quiet time :D If your hospital doesn't have a day ward (I think Holles St is one of few that does) then you'll either get a 24 BP monitor as 73Cat said, or they'll take her in so they can do a few readings as an inpatient.

One tip though, if she's finding herself getting stressed or worried about her BP at home suggest to her lying on her back, putting one hand on her chest and the other hand on her tummy, breathe in for the count of 10 (or 7 depending how far along she is) and breathing out for the count of ten, making sure that only the belly is rising, her chest shouldn't be. Tell her to do these exercises regularly and when it comes time to do the test, she'll be able to calm herself right down. They taught me this trick on my first pregnancy and it works I promise. I do it now on a regular basis, particularly before I go into the docs, sometimes the nerves get the better of me and I get the dodgy readings that require a bp series, but most of the time it works a treat and at the end of the day I'm week 30 and on no BP meds as yet.

If she does have high bp, it's perfectly manageable with tablets that are perfectly safe to take in pregnancy. The only downside to them are that she might feel a little more tired than normal, but hey there's nothing normal about pregnancy anyhow. It's nothing at all to worry about for now, it just might mean a little more gp/consultant attendances than with any other pregnancy.

So sorry for the waffle, but it's a subject close to my heart :D

I don't know what hospital you're going to, but the way they do it in Holles Street is they take you into the day ward
    we're actually attending holles street, due in tomorrow for the B.P. monitoring.
    You can go as moral support, it depends if she can relax by herself, or whether some-one else with her would wind her up
    luckily my job is flexible enough in giving me the time off for any visits K has to make so i'm with her all the time.ohhh believe me there'll be plenty of winding up done by the time shes finished :D.
    how this came about was a few was a few days after she saw her consultant she got cramps and went to our local G.P. who took her blood pressure 3 time all of which were high ,one was 146/110. she was given a referal to holles street which was fine when she was checked there. so last week she saw the consultant again who made an appointment for tomorrow. i bought her a blood pressure monitor and she checks it a few times a day which i suppose being realistic is a no no. as it goes up every time she checks it.
    the other problem contributing to this is she gets an awful time from her family for being out of work since she got pregnant.
    B.T.W. shes 18weeks and 2 days today.
    dont be sorry for the waffle hannibal we enjoy reading the posts here and they're very comforting, in fact she said your post made her feel very relaxed , thanks for that :D.
    as for the G.P. / consultant ( cons visits every 2nd week) both are keeping a very close eye on her due to this being I.V.F./ our first and it being a twin pregnancy all rolled into one.wow that was a right mouth full :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Well I was looking at the calendar last night and realised that the date my wife has been asked to come back in for another scan is the day Im flying out with the lads to London. Flights have been booked and paid for. Mentioned this and my wife doesnt mind at all and wants me to head off. But Id rather be there so I think Ill try and book a flight over for a bit later in the day and meet the lads over there. Its not everyday Ill get to see my little one on screen before it arrives in January.

Best of luck today Doubletrouble. Don't forget to tell her the breathing technique (I sound like Supernanny now :D) It really does work.

• Advertisement

Best of luck today Doubletrouble. Don't forget to tell her the breathing technique (I sound like Supernanny now :D) It really does work.
    thanks hannibal she tried the breathing last night. worked a bit only thing is her belly doesn't move up or down. spent 3 hours in holles street today, blood pressure slightly down. got a good look at the buddies, you'd swear there was a kick boxing match going on inside the other half :eek:. kicks were flying all over and you could see this on the monitor.this day week we should know the sexes.

thanks hannibal she tried the breathing last night. worked a bit only thing is her belly doesn't move up or down. spent 3 hours in holles street today, blood pressure slightly down. got a good look at the buddies, you'd swear there was a kick boxing match going on inside the other half :eek:. kicks were flying all over and you could see this on the monitor.this day week we should know the sexes.

3 hours omg! Did they take you into the day ward? Or were you waiting around for the scan? Yeah I have a bit of trouble getting my tummy to expand now with the breathing exercises truth be told. It doesn't help when junior starts kicking about, but I think the idea is to make sure you're getting a deep enough breath into your lungs, and the counting I reckon is to distract you :D

Brilliant that you got to see the twins that's excellent. Hope the bp settles for her and she can enjoy the next exciting bits of the pregnancy xx

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi everyone,
    we had our 20wk scan this week yay!
    Everything was fine, baby was kicking up a storm :D:D:D
    It was very quick tho, is this normal? I thought the 20wk scan was the big anomily scan? maybe Im wrong, but anyway the consultant did a scan looked around, showed us a few things like head, neck ,spine ribs and heartbeat etc and said 'everything looks good, theres more tissue there to clean up' and we were done. :eek:

Has anyone else had their 20wk scan yet?
    feeling a good bit of movement now yipppeeeee

x

hannibal we were brought into the day ward, nice room really relaxing. pity there wasn't enough of those recliner chairs to go around. while we were in there a father came in saying it's a boy. everyones face lit up with a smirk. i know alot of posters here have already been down the road. but personally what we're going through is better than winning the lotto.

ok so i have a bit of a funny question. just came home from a double shift. my belly felt ia littlewierd/pressure/pain on and off all day. got home and i was half lying on the sofa relaxing and noticed a hard lump sticking out on my left lower belly, then i felt pressure and it went into a wierd wiggle shape and the hard lump spred across my lower belly- bout 6 - 8 inches. ive alsweys bein skinny but i do have my pregnancy belly.

do you ladies think this may have been the baby?? :confused: it was quite crazy and its my first so i didnt think you could see the baby like this. i duno!

20 weeks 2moro!:D

ok so i have a bit of a funny question. just came home from a double shift. my belly felt ia littlewierd/pressure/pain on and off all day. got home and i was half lying on the sofa relaxing and noticed a hard lump sticking out on my left lower belly, then i felt pressure and it went into a wierd wiggle shape and the hard lump spred across my lower belly- bout 6 - 8 inches. ive alsweys bein skinny but i do have my pregnancy belly.

do you ladies think this may have been the baby?? :confused: it was quite crazy and its my first so i didnt think you could see the baby like this. i duno!

20 weeks 2moro!:D

Wow, that sounds mad:D. But judging by the size you said the hard lump was, it would be the size the baby should be now. If you are naturally thin to start off with, and the position you were relaxing in too, I'd say this made it easier to feel/see. Do you find you forget you are pregnant, and suddenly there's this squirm in your belly? I find it especially sitting down at night, nearly jump out of my skin:o. Must say all is very quiet with me today, not much activity so far. Can remember feeling some movement in the middle of the night. Can't wait till it becomes stronger and more regular in the coming weeks, so I can be sure everything is OK:)

73Cat wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds mad:D. But judging by the size you said the hard lump was, it would be the size the baby should be now. If you are naturally thin to start off with, and the position you were relaxing in too, I'd say this made it easier to feel/see. Do you find you forget you are pregnant, and suddenly there's this squirm in your belly? I find it especially sitting down at night, nearly jump out of my skin:o. Must say all is very quiet with me today, not much activity so far. Can remember feeling some movement in the middle of the night. Can't wait till it becomes stronger and more regular in the coming weeks, so I can be sure everything is OK:)

thanks!:D
    yeh sometimes i forget then theres a little jump and sometimes i jump!! mad! sometimes its really quiet but the last few days there are crazy times of movement! im almost nervous when it moves so much cos i thought that wouldnt happen for another few weeks so i was thinkin does it mean there is somethin wrong! (the usual irrational thoughts of pregnancy!:rolleyes:) looking forward to more 'regular' movements. also the movements are around my trouser band area and i thought they would be higher!

oh my God i was just staring at my belly and i felt and saw it move!!! this is crazy! :D crazy exciting times:p

Ha ha, exciting times indeed:D:D. +1 on the irrational thoughts, I'm sneezing a bit in the mornings, nose still very stuffy. I'm always sure I'm going to sneeze the baby right out:o. The indigestion is kicking in now too, thank God for Gaviscon. I sent the eldest to the chipper for a change awhile ago, ate a feed of chips and battered sausages. I never learn.....

Ha ha, exciting times indeed:D:D. +1 on the irrational thoughts, I'm sneezing a bit in the mornings, nose still very stuffy. I'm always sure I'm going to sneeze the baby right out:o. The indigestion is kicking in now too, thank God for Gaviscon. I sent the eldest to the chipper for a change awhile ago, ate a feed of chips and battered sausages. I never learn.....

that sounds lovely!!!:D we are goin out for dinner 2moro night. we have a voucher for the hotel. im saving myslef for then!!!:p
    i went through fits of sneezing there a while ago. its not as bad now but if i do sneeze i do 3 in a row. no such thing as a single sneeze! baby is having a party tonight!

Ladies...when you feel baby moving....put the remote control, or something else lightweight on your tummy....get your mobile out, video it and watch it back....it will freak you RIGHT out! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Ladies...when you feel baby moving....put the remote control, or something else lightweight on your tummy....get your mobile out, video it and watch it back....it will freak you RIGHT out! :D

Ha Ha! must give that a go tonight! :D

Is anyone else starving??:rolleyes: i would eat my lunch and still be starving! its mad! i also get excited about my breakfast!! i only have cereal but i would be thinking about this as soon as i go to bed! i wake up during the night hungry!!

so excited to be 20 weeks 3 days!! counting down from here! :D

Is anyone else starving??:rolleyes: i would eat my lunch and still be starving! its mad! i also get excited about my breakfast!! i only have cereal but i would be thinking about this as soon as i go to bed! i wake up during the night hungry!!

I'm permanently hungry, just had my lunch and would eat it all again twice at least:D. Was never pushed with breakfast before, might not eat till ten or so. Now I have to eat as soon as I'm up. Went out for Thai on saturday evening, ate 3 courses, nearly killed myself. My guts were in bits till sunday afternoon:(. Going to stay away from spicy food, God I'll miss it though. Miss prawns too:(. I think the only thing that's stopping me from eating all round me this time, is the weight I put on the last two times. I used to go on my lunch break from work and eat two lunches:eek:. I'm barely 5ft, and really ballooned all over, legs, arms, face, the lot. Found the weight very hard to shift after birth the second time. Can't believe it that thus far, its only my belly that's bigger. But I get so cranky being hungry, it's miserable. Forcing myself to eat fruit, to try and fill myself up, and also because it's good for the baby. My girls were both summer babies. I'm thrilled that if I do bloat out, at least it'll be winter and I can cover up with winter clothes.

Going into 20th week on Wednesday, hope it keeps flying the way it is. Hope I can remember what to do with a baby when it arrives:eek:

I'm permanently hungry, just had my lunch and would eat it all again twice at least:D. Was never pushed with breakfast before, might not eat till ten or so. Now I have to eat as soon as I'm up. Went out for Thai on saturday evening, ate 3 courses, nearly killed myself. My guts were in bits till sunday afternoon:(. Going to stay away from spicy food, God I'll miss it though. Miss prawns too:(. I think the only thing that's stopping me from eating all round me this time, is the weight I put on the last two times. I used to go on my lunch break from work and eat two lunches:eek:. I'm barely 5ft, and really ballooned all over, legs, arms, face, the lot. Found the weight very hard to shift after birth the second time. Can't believe it that thus far, its only my belly that's bigger. But I get so cranky being hungry, it's miserable. Forcing myself to eat fruit, to try and fill myself up, and also because it's good for the baby. My girls were both summer babies. I'm thrilled that if I do bloat out, at least it'll be winter and I can cover up with winter clothes.

Going into 20th week on Wednesday, hope it keeps flying the way it is. Hope I can remember what to do with a baby when it arrives:eek:

im the same with the fruit! i bring an apple in the car on the way to work to make sure i eat at least an apple a day! not a fan of fruit but i try make smoothies every now and then!! ive just had my lunch and im still hungry, but i know ive eaten enough for me and baby so i just stop myself. i know il be having my apple on the way to work!

last night the labour came into my head.:eek: got a little nervous but just put it to the back of my head for now. i know ill just have to get through it and then will have my little baby!:) i better get ready for work or ill be late!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm hungry during the day, but then when it comes to dinner time, I find it hard to eat all my dinner (I think I'll have to start eating earlier in the evening too, because when I do it my full dinner, I get terrible indigestion!

Trying to eat fruit as well even though I'm not the biggest fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

I'm starving all the time too.

You know you can eat prawns as long as they are properly cooked. I would avoid the ones that you buy cold though as you don't know how they were stored after they were cooked, but especially if you cook them yourself they are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

completely starving too all the time.. until this morning when MS decided to up the ante at week 16 to full blown projectile vomit :eek:
    seriously... when does this ease off!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

aviendha wrote: »
    completely starving too all the time.. until this morning when MS decided to up the ante at week 16 to full blown projectile vomit :eek:
    seriously... when does this ease off!!??

Yikes!! Poor you :( I was exactly the same. Just when I got to the stage of being quite proud of myself and baba for learning to cooperate of the food front, I developed a new skill...projectile vomiting. It suddenly stopped last week and though I was a little nervous in case it was a trick to get me to eat and then hurl, so far so good! Now I'm STARVING all the time for all sorts of weird stuff... Gerkhins and mustard sandwich anyone???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Hi ladies, hope all is well.

We had the 20 week scan yesterday and it was amazing:D:D:D
    The baby is doing really well, slightly ahead of schedule with weight, almost a pound now, apparently it is to be expected because both myself and my husband are very tall.... no 6 pound baby for me;) Could see all the bones, hands, feet, fingers, toes, heart, stomach.... it was mental. Baby was totally chilled at the start, lying with hands behind head and ankles crossed, just like hubbie does when he is watching the football:)
    Then started leaping around like a mad thing, it was amazing!!!!

So on the downhill slope now towards the big day..... hard to believe really. Feeling very well at the mo, loads of energy, hoping to head to Spain for a week towards the end of September, can't wait for a bit of sun and heat.

• Advertisement

MiMi P wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope all is well.

We had the 20 week scan yesterday and it was amazing:D:D:D
    The baby is doing really well, slightly ahead of schedule with weight, almost a pound now, apparently it is to be expected because both myself and my husband are very tall.... no 6 pound baby for me;) Could see all the bones, hands, feet, fingers, toes, heart, stomach.... it was mental. Baby was totally chilled at the start, lying with hands behind head and ankles crossed, just like hubbie does when he is watching the football:)
    Then started leaping around like a mad thing, it was amazing!!!!

So on the downhill slope now towards the big day..... hard to believe really. Feeling very well at the mo, loads of energy, hoping to head to Spain for a week towards the end of September, can't wait for a bit of sun and heat.

Thats great to here! my 21 weeks scan will be on wednesday. cant wait!:D midwife wasnt nice last time but im hoping will be nicer this time.

Advertisement