Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Hey all, haven't been on in ages. Lovely to see people having scans and doing well :D

I'm sure everything will be fine Red Fraggle, but yes it is scary when you are not well, you can't help worry that something will go wrong. Just as long as you don't have a temperature and don't get dehydrated you should be fine though.

We had a scan last week and from now on we will be having them every 2 weeks and then the consultant a couple of days after each one, I think we should just move into the hospital :pac: Scan was brilliant last week, both babies are doing really well and all measurements are well within the bounds of normal, the consultant is very pleased with how I am doing as well. I think I am very lucky so far, I do get a little bit of stiffness in my hips at times, but other than that I am finding things surprisingly easy so far.

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Cottontail wrote: »
    Hi everyone, haven't been on this thread in while. All going well, 27 weeks tomorrow. I've had my blood glucose test done, all clear thankfully. was at doc this morning too for my blood tests for cholestasis and iron - I feel like a human pin-cushion! Am looking forward to a break from doctor's appointments for the next few weeks!

Well, all the tests came back clear so good news. even my iron level isn't bad, but was told to take iron tablets every 3 days or so just to keep the levels up. But all's good with me thankfully. 28 weeks now, time is flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hey all, haven't been on in ages. Lovely to see people having scans and doing well :D

I'm sure everything will be fine Red Fraggle, but yes it is scary when you are not well, you can't help worry that something will go wrong. Just as long as you don't have a temperature and don't get dehydrated you should be fine though.

We had a scan last week and from now on we will be having them every 2 weeks and then the consultant a couple of days after each one, I think we should just move into the hospital :pac: Scan was brilliant last week, both babies are doing really well and all measurements are well within the bounds of normal, the consultant is very pleased with how I am doing as well. I think I am very lucky so far, I do get a little bit of stiffness in my hips at times, but other than that I am finding things surprisingly easy so far.

Hope everyone is doing well.

thanks cottontail, great to hear you are keeping so well.

24 weeks for me now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi ladies

just checking to see how you are all keeping? Cant believe it is October tomorrow!!! Getting closer yipppeeeeeee :D:D:D

Im starting to feel pretty big this week and the weather isnt helping, stupid rain!!! down here in cork we r washed away! Its too muggy for winter clothes and too wet for light clothes.

Been so busy all week Iv hardly had a chance to feel the baby kicking so I just lay on the couch for the passed hour and a half and im delighted to say baby is kicking up a storm woooohoooo! pheeeew! :o

I love the feeling :D
    Hope you are all well
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Guess, I can join in here, found out last week, I'm due 31st of Jan..... and not April as I thought.

I am just loving the kicking too. I can see my tummy moving, even though his feet are well below a few layers of fat!

My 1 yr old is getting a bit heavy for carrying though, think I'll have to teach her to walk.

• Advertisement

Wow wmpdd3 Thats some difference in dates! :eek:
    Congrats and welcome :)
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey guys!
    Glad to see your all keeping well!
    Seeing the movement on your belly must be soo cool!!! Cant imagine it yet! Feeling movement regularly now which is great tho - and its starting to become more definite! Its addictive tho..i want more!! hehe!
    Have anomoly scan next monday (21 weeks) and i CANNOT wait! Im dying to find out the sex, like seriously i may well burst from the curiosity!!! Did you all find out or not and if so why? Im just nosy to see how other people deal with the curiosity! Went visiting a few people with newborns this week and it has gotten me soooo excited! Cant believe i still have 19 weeks 6 days to go..........:o

We didnt find out on number 1 as I thought that was going to be my one and only baby, so we thought it would be great to be a surprise. This time, I went in for the 12 weeks scan but it turned out to be the 21 weeks scan, so when the mid-wife said do you want to know the sex I was still in la-la land after the shock, but we both said yes.

I'm glad now i did find out as I have bags of girls clothes I know I dont have to go through and seperate by size!!

Have to say, not knowing last time was great though, it really is a surprise when they tell you after the birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

We didn't find out the sex last time, or this time. Must admit it was just the tiniest bit tempting having 2 girls already:). But I think the surprise at the end is better than Christmas:D. I think I just assume anyway that it's another girl. Having said that, this pregnancy is way, way different to the girls, whether or not that has any bearing on the sex. Part of me would be a bit nervous having a boy. I've no brothers, no uncles in Ireland,and only 3 male cousins way older than me in Ireland, that I wouldn't be close to at all. I'm really not familiar with boys at all:o

73Cat wrote: »
    We didn't find out the sex last time, or this time. Must admit it was just the tiniest bit tempting having 2 girls already:). But I think the surprise at the end is better than Christmas:D. I think I just assume anyway that it's another girl. Having said that, this pregnancy is way, way different to the girls, whether or not that has any bearing on the sex. Part of me would be a bit nervous having a boy. I've no brothers, no uncles in Ireland,and only 3 male cousins way older than me in Ireland, that I wouldn't be close to at all. I'm really not familiar with boys at all:o

This pregnancy is completely different to my last one... and i'm expecting my second boy so I don't think you can rely on the pregnancy being different to tell the sex of the baby. I'd feel a bit the same about having a girl as you do having a boy, I've no sisters, my husband has 2 brothers and my brother has a son, so I know how you feel!

• Advertisement

pasting from thepregnancy thread - hopeye dont mind im too lazy to explain again! :D

Well We had the big scan today!! It was FABULOUS!! The midwife in Holles st was just lovely! She was really chatty and showed us everything really clearly - she talked us through everything she was doing which wasjust great! I had it in my head that it would be some rude woman who didnt give a toss and would havethe personality and empathy of a plank of wood and i was very pleasantly proven completely wrong!! She was soooo nice!
    Everything is measuring perfectly and the heart seemed to be functioning as expecte, she said the baby has quite long legs!! in proportion tho!! And a small head (within normal limits tho!!) Which is kinda what i am like myself - longish legs and small head!! haha i sound ridiculous!!!
    Anyway the big surprise...........!!! At first she thought we wouldnt be able to find out as the baby was in an awkward position - but the bottle of lucozade and pack of minstrels that i had half an hour before kicked in and the baby started dancing :D
    Super delighted.....................its a girl!!!! I cant believe it as theres no girls on my husbands side at all going back for generations, but all along id said to him i felt alot more love towards a girl and i didnt know why - i would have been happy either wa and so this is why i wanted to find out - so that i could sort my head out and stop feeling so warm towards a girl if it was a boy!! I think i knew :)
    Uber excited! Not telling anyone so its lovely to be able to share it on here with all my boards buddies!

congrats Dublinlady, you sound thrilled, i'm so happy for you!

"but all along id said to him i felt alot more love towards a girl and i didnt know why - i would have been happy either wa and so this is why i wanted to find out - so that i could sort my head out and stop feeling so warm towards a girl if it was a boy!! I think i knew "

- this is why I found out what I'm having too, i'm having a boy (which is what I was kinda hoping for if I'm truthful but I would have had time to get used to the idea of a girl if that's what I was having).

I was just saying in the pregnancy thread that we got our baby's room pretty much sorted at the weekend, it makes it all feel really real - about 10/11 weeks left now! Nervous & excited in equal measure!

dublinlady wrote: »
    pasting from thepregnancy thread - hopeye dont mind im too lazy to explain again! :D

Well We had the big scan today!! It was FABULOUS!! The midwife in Holles st was just lovely! She was really chatty and showed us everything really clearly - she talked us through everything she was doing which wasjust great! I had it in my head that it would be some rude woman who didnt give a toss and would havethe personality and empathy of a plank of wood and i was very pleasantly proven completely wrong!! She was soooo nice!
    Everything is measuring perfectly and the heart seemed to be functioning as expecte, she said the baby has quite long legs!! in proportion tho!! And a small head (within normal limits tho!!) Which is kinda what i am like myself - longish legs and small head!! haha i sound ridiculous!!!
    Anyway the big surprise...........!!! At first she thought we wouldnt be able to find out as the baby was in an awkward position - but the bottle of lucozade and pack of minstrels that i had half an hour before kicked in and the baby started dancing :D
    Super delighted.....................its a girl!!!! I cant believe it as theres no girls on my husbands side at all going back for generations, but all along id said to him i felt alot more love towards a girl and i didnt know why - i would have been happy either wa and so this is why i wanted to find out - so that i could sort my head out and stop feeling so warm towards a girl if it was a boy!! I think i knew :)
    Uber excited! Not telling anyone so its lovely to be able to share it on here with all my boards buddies!

congrats dublinlady! :D

im getting nervous bout buying all the baby stuff now. cottontail you are about 2/3 weeks ahead of me and i have nothing really yet! i have a week off next week so hopefully start stocking up then.

had my appt in hosp today. heartbeat strong and baby the right size so all is good.:D was expecting more but was all quick. got the blood taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Well folks my wife is now 29 weeks and we've 74 days left! We had our scan at 28 weeks and found out that everything was fine, thank God. It was a nerve wracking wait for the scan after being told we had to go in for a 2nd because she felt something wasnt right with the scan. But baby is perfect according to the sonographer and we're delighted. Roll on the next 11 weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Amelie84

Hi guys!! it's NOVEMBER! and we have not long to go!!.. I'm in week 24 now and loving it. I really love being pregnant and have a really nice bump I must say :) Luckily (i was aways tiny) only my bump put on weight, so the rest of me looks pretty normal.
    I don't want to find out the gender because it soo doesn't matter to me at all. I could not tell you what I'd rather would want! I love surprises so I am very exciting to get the biggest one in the end. The most important thing for me is that it's healthy! so far everything looks good :)
    How are ye feeling? Are ye delighted and happy every day as well?
    Any side-effects? week 20 my hips started with little pains, but that's gone now. instead of that I have heartburn. but other than that I just feel like usual, well even better hehe.
    I love the kicks !! I can't get enough.. like one of ye said, it's like an addiction.
    I felt em pretty early (week 15) and now you can clearly feel body parts when its moving around :) its active from morning till evening and somehow less when I sleep ( I hope it stays like this)
    Hope ye are all well and same excited as me !! it's my first child obviously hehe

Delighted to hear ur having such a great pregnancy Amelia :D

Im 30 weeks!!! I just cannot believe its NOVEMBER already!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! :D:D:D

I had the Glucose tolerance test and all was well so thats another things off the list. Starting Antenatal classes next week so really cant wait, Things are really starting to kick off yipppppeeeeee!

Hope you are all keeping well

x

YES! november. i will be 30 weeks on friday. :D time really is flying. i am loving feeling the kicks and some can be quiet strong and make me jump! i finished my ante-natal classes last night and i have to say i really enjnoyed them. the midwives were quiet funny and made me feel very relaxed.

however a few complaints i had a few months ago have returned. both hips have bad pains at night and i get lower abdominal pain on and off. right now the left side of my back is killing me too. :(

going for a massage today and then off to hopefully buy a moses basket.:D

going for a massage today and then off to hopefully buy a moses basket.:D

Bet the retail therapy will do more for the pain than the massage!!

27 weeks today, can't believe I'm not tired, dont really have time to be with a 1 year old. My other half is being really brilliant. We still feel like we are newbies at all this crap, but I have to say he really is brilliant.

I literary have everything ready to go, all I need is a mattress for the 2nd hand crib and my hospital bag packed, but I have all the bits from last time, so wont have to buy anything. Think I was 34 weeks when I packed last time, I had her at 37w 3d!!

Best of luck to everyone in this thread, when can we start placing bets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

wmpdd3 wrote: »

27 weeks today, can't believe I'm not tired, dont really have time to be with a 1 year old. My other half is being really brilliant. We still feel like we are newbies at all this crap, but I have to say he really is brilliant.

I literary have everything ready to go, all I need is a mattress for the 2nd hand crib and my hospital bag packed, but I have all the bits from last time, so wont have to buy anything. Think I was 34 weeks when I packed last time, I had her at 37w 3d!!

You have your bag packed already! Jeebus I'm so lazy, 26 weeks and very little done!

the retail therapy did help! bought a lovely moses basket and stand and a few nice babygros. :D

im 30 weeks and i have very little done. slowly buying things for the hospital bag. as for baby clothes its my first so everything is from scratch. i only have a few vests and babygros!!

the tiredness is starting to hit again. its like 'welcome to the third trimester- tiredness, back pain etc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hell, no, bag isn't packed but I'm finding half opened packs of breast pads and cotton wool everywhere!

This week I need to drag out baby 1's 0-3 mts bag from the attic and take out all the white stuff. She didnt have much girly stuff anyway so I'd say I have enough for the first few weeks. My sister in law has two bags of boy clothes already in my mother in laws too so I'll be ironing for all of next week.

On that note - mine will be my first baby also - have to start from scratch! What's the right amount of vests and sleep suits to by for the first 2 weeks?! I know ppl will bring us presents - but I can also imagine a lot of this is v.v.cute but not 100% practical for the first few weeks!! I also am mithered by what size to by!! Newborn up to 9lbs, newborn up to 14lbs, and plain 0/3 months seem to be the options?! And how many blankets and sheets do I buy now? I got mittens and a little hat, but only a couple of vests which I know won't be near enough!! Anyone experienced with advice?!
    Glad to hear everyone doing ok :) I'm only 24 and a half weeks so just over 15 left!! I am wishing the time away!!! CANNOT wait to meet my little girl!!!

dublinlady wrote: »
    On that note - mine will be my first baby also - have to start from scratch! What's the right amount of vests and sleep suits to by for the first 2 weeks?! I know ppl will bring us presents - but I can also imagine a lot of this is v.v.cute but not 100% practical for the first few weeks!! I also am mithered by what size to by!! Newborn up to 9lbs, newborn up to 14lbs, and plain 0/3 months seem to be the options?! And how many blankets and sheets do I buy now? I got mittens and a little hat, but only a couple of vests which I know won't be near enough!! Anyone experienced with advice?!
    Glad to hear everyone doing ok :) I'm only 24 and a half weeks so just over 15 left!! I am wishing the time away!!! CANNOT wait to meet my little girl!!!

i would appreciate some info on this too? so far i only have the 6 vests and babygros for the hospital. i bought newborn up to 9lbs and 0-3 months. but the 0-3 months were a lot bigger than the newborn!!

When my son was born, all I had was the newborn size babygros and vests for him in the hospital. When he was born, he was too big for the newborn size and I had to send hubby out to buy bigger clothes! Might be best to go for newborn up to 14lb, I would hope to god that any newborn baby wouldn't be bigger than that :eek: If the babygros turn out to be a bit big, just put a wee pair of socks on over the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

Im 29 ish weeks - second pregnancy. On my first - she was 9 lbs at birth and i used early baby nappies from boots or similar for the first month or so - because they fitted so sung and less room for spillage. I also used early babygrows - again for a snug fit - i can't bear clothes not fitting right.

I was told the whole time 'big baby, big head measurment etc.

I had a 3 week early 6ib 7oz petite girl! I brought 7 Dunnes newborn baby grows, 7 newborn vests and a hat to the hospital and 1 pack of 27 nappies. That was enough.

I warned people against an 'outfit on a hanger'. I hate those things from years of working in a children's clothing shop.

Someone here advised me to wrap each vest in a baby gro, so I had an outfit ready when I needed it, brilliant idea!

Someone here advised me to wrap each vest in a baby gro, so I had an outfit ready when I needed it, brilliant idea!

That's actually a really good idea.

I took a day off work yesterday to get my hospital bag sorted out and do the Santa shopping for my other little fella. It was a long (and expensive :eek:) day. I have everything I need now, just need to pack the bag. I also got all the old baby clothes out and washed them all. Now, everywhere I look there's lines and lines of baby clothes! I was there in the middle of them all yesterday just thinking 'I can't believe I'm doing all this again'!!

Cottontail wrote: »

That's actually a really good idea.

I took a day off work yesterday to get my hospital bag sorted out and do the Santa shopping for my other little fella. It was a long (and expensive :eek:) day. I have everything I need now, just need to pack the bag. I also got all the old baby clothes out and washed them all. Now, everywhere I look there's lines and lines of baby clothes! I was there in the middle of them all yesterday just thinking 'I can't believe I'm doing all this again'!!

Yup the vest inside the sleep suit idea is great!!!

Where do I but reasonably priced vests and baby gro's ? I got a few in mamas and papas etc but they seem expensive!! I want some standard ones for the first month or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ok this is a stupid question; but what exactly is a vest? Is it a sleeveless/legless body that closes underneath; or is it just a normal vest?

• Advertisement

ya can get long or short sleeved ones ivy - but yeah they close between the legs and i think the babies always wear them under a baby grow or sleepsuit to make sure their torso is warm enough!

Advertisement