Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When atheists go too far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

I think youll find this is what most atheists actually believe. What existed before the universe? Nothing. What created the universe? The big bang. What caused the big bang? The nothing that existed before the universe exploding. Therefore nothing exploding created everything, according to atheists. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Theists = 4
    Atheists = 0

Why do you think the origin of the universe should make sense to you or anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

EggsAckley wrote: »
    Why do you think the origin of the universe should make sense to you or anyone else?

Because the all knowing atheists think they can explain everything away using science. But they cant. Unless you call nothing exploding for no reason and creating everything from pelicans to magnets an explanation

Theists = 5
    atheists = 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Because the all knowing atheists think they can explain everything away using science. But they cant. Unless you call nothing exploding for no reason and creating everything from pelicans to magnets an explanation

Theists = 5
    atheists = 0

what athiests said they can explain everything using science? I think youll find most athiests here at least has said that they dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Theists = 5
    atheists = 0

Fair point, f*cking Magnets, How Do They Work? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Theists = 5
    atheists = 0

For someone with such a great username, you talk an awful lot of arse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

How long do you think it will be before she realises that she's awarded theists the same point 5 times?

No wonder she struggles with simple concepts, the poor girl can't count.

pts wrote: »
    Fair point, f*cking Magnets, How Do They Work? :rolleyes:

Its not magnetism. its intelligent pushing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Theists = 5
    atheists = 0

ok Trolly Mc Trollster - why don't you actually read the many responses which point you in the direction of expanding your clearly non-existent grip on the big bang. You will find that science is not only for the atheist, but many theists also accept scientific findings, albeit insofar as they can marry the findings with their belief in a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Theists = 5
    atheists = 0

your coming across as quite the idiot.

you remind me of mr ms garrison in the southpark episode baes on evolution and to quote:

Ms. Garrison: Now I, for one, think evolution is a bunch of *bullcrap*! But I've been told I have to teach it to you anyway. It was thought up by Charles Darwin and it goes something like this...
    Ms. Garrison: In the beginning, we were all fish. Okay? Swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different, so it got to live. So Retard Fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day, a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its...
    Ms. Garrison: ...mutant fish hands... and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something and made this.
    Ms. Garrison: Retard frog-sqirrel, and then *that* had a retard baby which was a... monkey-fish-frog... And then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with that monkey, and that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey... and that made you!
    Ms. Garrison: So there you go! You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel! Congratulations!

what athiests said they can explain everything using science? I think youll find most athiests here at least has said that they dont know

So you admit atheists dont know everything, and the creation of the universe cant be explained by science? If you cant explain it, then that means you cant rule out the existence of a god

Theists = FLAWLESS VICTORY
    Atheists = 0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheBlueHaze

With respect Meow, someday you will look back, and laugh at yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Theists = 5
    atheists = 0

Little explosions emit from my arse on a regular basis. You don't know where they come from!

Theists = 5
    Atheists = 0
    My bumhole = 1

I know you're trolling but my bum deserves some recognition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

anyone else notice the religious troll trying to jump in to turn the thread to **** so the mods will lock it.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    anyone else notice the religious troll trying to jump in to turn the thread to **** so the mods will lock it.....

Bit hard to overlook her, really.

So you admit atheists dont know everything, and the creation of the universe cant be explained by science? If you cant explain it, then that means you cant rule out the existence of a god

Theists = FLAWLESS VICTORY
    Atheists = 0

bless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

padraig91 wrote: »
    Ok i suggest you read this before you embarrass yourself further
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
    also i think you will find it makes more sense then a man in the sky put everything there

Yes, it certainly does make more sense than the Man in the Sky Theory. What doesn't?:rolleyes:

The evidence in support of it is a vast body by now and growing all the time. It is also mistaken to assume that the expansion of our universe from a single point, a singularity, was necessarily the beginning, the earliest point in time. It may be the earliest point in our time, but some theorists surmise that it was just another step in a possibly infinite chain of events.

Incidentally, the term "Big Bang" (incorrect, because actually it was neither big nor a bang) was coined by the astrophysicist and later Astronomer Royal Fred Hoyle. A man of many talents, he also wrote fiction and one of his novels is about Ireland and I enjoyed reading it very much - half a century ago.

It's called "Ossian's Ride" and I recommend it to even the Holy Joes and Biddies, who need not fear that reading it will be a sin. The title notwithstanding, it has nothing to do with sex.:)

Seachmall wrote: »
    Little explosions emit from my arse on a regular basis. You don't know where they come from!

Theists = 5
    Atheists = 0
    My bumhole = 1

Yeah i do. Food being broken down in your gut emits gas expelled from your anus. Seriously, if this is the best anti-god argument the atheists have, its no wonder youre all clutching at straws here with this nothing exploding and creating everything shtick

Theists = M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL
    Atheists = 0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Yeah i do. Food being broken down in your gut emits gas expelled from your anus. Seriously, if this is the best anti-god argument the atheists have, its no wonder youre all clutching at straws here with this nothing exploding and creating everything shtick

Atheists = 0

Nope, it's munchkins in my bum mining fat off my arse!

Theists = 5
    Atheists = 0
    My bumhole = 2

I can't believe I fell for your trolling. You got me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Time for this I think. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

For someone with such a great username, you talk an awful lot of arse.

Not of his making might I add.

http://www.topviralpictures.com/pics/chairman_meow.png

Ok everyone shut the f*ck up a listen to this lesson, actually listen to it, not just a bit, actually listen to it all. This will tell you what you need to know

it's unfortunate that somebody who think 'all atheists are smug' gives us such a good reason to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

Theists = 5
    atheists = 0

Ha ha you believe in pelicans

first i heard it was on room 101 about 15 years ago. it was the name of david badiel's cat

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Incidentally, the term "Big Bang" (incorrect, because actually it was neither big nor a bang) was coined by the astrophysicist and later Astronomer Royal Fred Hoyle.

Coined but not invented (actually Fred Hoyle didn't think the Big Bang Theory was correct at the time). The idea was actually initially proposed by a man called Georges Lemaitre. Monsignor Georges Lemaitre.

EggsAckley wrote: »
    Ha ha you believe in pelicans
    Maybe S/He has been reading this book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Atheists = 0

So every time you post (even though you're posting rubbish) you think it's ok to score yourself and ignore everyone else?

Maybe S/He has been reading this book.

perhaps the best title of a book ever

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »
    perhaps the best title of a book ever
    I must admit I cracked up when I came across it a minute ago. :D

Advertisement