Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I preordered it off Gamestop for the DLC , Monkey Business except now I see I'm getting the Lost Editions , anyone know which DLC i will be getting because I also saw Gamestop Preorders also get some hunter pack ?
    Seriously confused to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Meh just gonna get it off steam, really have no time to put up with that u-play garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

VinLieger wrote: »
    Meh just gonna get it off steam, really have no time to put up with that u-play garbage

You still have to put up with it on Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Xtravision order is at complete and shipped. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

29th is the continental release date, 30th is UK & Ireland.

According to Steam it's going to unlock in 8 hours. Are you sure we're not the same as continental Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Bloodwing wrote: »
    According to Steam it's going to unlock in 8 hours. Are you sure we're not the same as continental Europe?

It is not available on steam in the UK at all so we are definitely in with Europe from Steams point of view.

Since UPlay is required to launch the game, I guess it is possible that they could have region based locking that lumps us in with the UK (I've not used it before).

marco_polo wrote: »
    It is not available on steam in the UK at all so we are definitely in with Europe from Steams point of view.

Since UPlay is required to launch the game, I guess it is possible that they could have region based locking that lumps us in with the UK (I've not used it before).

Fingers crossed Ubisoft have realised we're not part of the UK anymore!!

EDIT: I just took a look at it through the Uplay store and it's giving me a release date of the 29th. We could be in luck!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I see pre-loading is available now on steam. I never buy new games on steam these days but the Deluxe edition seemed to be similarly priced to other places and I went with it. This is my weekend sown up basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

My Amazon Insane Edition order will be here tomorrow. :):D

My Amazon Insane Edition order will be here tomorrow. :):D

How? I thought they usually take a few days.

**EDIT** Sorry just noticed you're in the UK.

• Advertisement

Hmmm think game stop will say we're no longer a part of the UK and release tomorrow too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,967 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh its going to be a long download

9-10hrs ughhhh

****ing eircom *****

Headshot wrote: »

9-10hrs ughhhh

****ing eircom *****

Mine is updating fairly quick. 10 mins left. I'm also on Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,967 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I know I saved 13 euro buying it off getgames (deluxe edition) but I should of bit the bullet and got it of steam. That preload would of made life easier

And I'm in!! See you all in a week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Headshot wrote: »

9-10hrs ughhhh

****ing eircom *****

UPC FTW

upc.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Liking it so far, not too fond of the radar telling me where all the nearby loot and flowers are. Utterly ruins the concept of searching and exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have spent the last hour tweaking every graphical setting trying to find out why the shadows are so bad. I have to be almost on top of stuff before the shadows are drawn in, even with everything maxed out. Same goes for the AA. Changing it from 2 to 8 doesn't seem to do anything other than drop my FPS. Not really impressed at all with the game graphically.

Ill try update/beta drivers tomorrow as all i want to do now is cry myself to sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

My favourite part so far
    Where you get some fcuked up mushroom dust in your face and go on an acid trip :p

I have spent the last hour tweaking every graphical setting trying to find out why the shadows are so bad. I have to be almost on top of stuff before the shadows are drawn in, even with everything maxed out. Same goes for the AA. Changing it from 2 to 8 doesn't seem to do anything other than drop my FPS. Not really impressed at all with the game graphically.

Ill try update/beta drivers tomorrow as all i want to do now is cry myself to sleep

No issue with my shadows at all. Got the major graphics glitch all right but that was easily fixed by switching from HDAO to HDAO. I can look into a forest a fair distance across the map and the shadows look perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

I'm picking this up for xbox 360 soon. Anyone try the map editor yet? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have it downloading now, and will give it a go over the weekend. Looks great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Some benchmarks with various GPUS (needs Russian translation)

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/far-cry-3-test-gpu.html

Chart of DX11, Maximum settings, 1920X1080 with no MSAA.

230672.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is this out in the brick'n'mortal shops today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Grayditch wrote: »

It's listed on the Argos site which is strange as they normally don't put games up there until they're available to buy (priced 53.99). Going to chance buying it in a while when I'm in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Cool. Can't wait to play 5 mins of the game and 500 hours on the map editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Are people seeing a 1.1 patch through Steam yet? I hoping it'll fix the game freezing on my graphics card :/

grizzly wrote: »
    Are people seeing a 1.1 patch through Steam yet? I hoping it'll fix the game freezing on my graphics card :/

If you have an NVidia card they have new new beta drivers out as well which might be worth a shot.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-64-beta-drivers-released

Grayditch wrote: »

Apparently not :mad: Mailed Gamestop on facebook today and
    The game is out tomorrow Ed. So when our stores open in the morning that is when you will be able to get it.

Cheeky prick , I said "seeing as it's been released in Argos and Steam and as we're in the Eurozone and not a part of the UK will you be releasing today "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone get their Xtravision orders?

Hopefully my one has arrived, can't wait to go home and check. :-)

Advertisement