Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I didn't go to the show myself but I think its funny when you hear about famous wrestlers not taking bumps lol. I guess Scotty knows the craic. They came here to see the worm so give them a load of shite lol. It's impressive haha.

But did he do a training seminar? I've no idea. On the subject of them tho they are all a con. Just a way for a talent to earn a couple hundred more. Fair enough for them but a waste of money for those who pay it.

I remember hearing about one of the times Raven did one with iww. He tried to sell people his t-shirts. That's wrong. I also heard in another one of his seminars he we looking at his watch constantly. Even if a guy wants to genuinely impart knowledge realistically there's 10 to 15 guys there. You just get them to do a few drills. Critique a few things. You only learn from someone by wrestling them or to a lesser extent being around for periods of time. Not by giving 50 euro for two hours session thats shared with a dozen other lads. They'll all a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jo187

I pretty sure he did a training session with lads at the ott school.

I suppose there some wishful thinking, hoping if one of these guest star trainers like you they can get you in somewhere how every unrealistic that may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Scott Garland was one of the WWE performance centre lead trainers only a few months ago so I'm sure a seminar with him is considered worthwhile to the talents with aspirations, not a way for Garland to get money as mentioned above.

Garland was getting reactions for taking his jacket off, taking his hat off that our talents couldn't get for doing triple-back flips. I can see him saying to them "Look at that reaction Saturday...and I didn't take a single bump".

Interesting point. He was in the performance centre recently so might be some value there to hear what wwe are currently looking for. Definitely be better than a Raven one lol.

It's still a money maker for him. Again that's fair enough. But it's all apart of being a name while on the Indies. Sell your gimmicks, even have a meet and greet before show starts and do a seminar at the school. All part of the package. He didn't do it for free like ;)

Ps, why do you keep calling him Scott Garland? Lol. Sure it's his real name but it's scotty 2 hotty man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

To be fair on that one, unless Garland has a time machine that can transport these Irish talents back to the heyday of the Attitude Era and place them in one of the most over acts of the era (Too Cool) then I don't think anything he can teach them at a 2 hour seminar will level out the reactions they get for doing spots compared to him taking off his hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Really cool to see OTT back in the city after hours. Wonder where the new venue is?

My money is either Liberty Hall or The Academy.

#greattosee one of the old OTT original shows "F PG" back. hopefully it's a character/comedy driven show like the older days and not irish trainees working 20 minute indie matches and shaking hands after #respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The venue for the May 5th evening show is the Laughter Lounge. Osprey and Aussie Open are on the card. Could be great.

If it works well like the Tivoli did location wise the LL is cracking. Can’t get more central and smack bang in nearly all dublins public transport corridors and a stones throw from Bus Arus.

It's a pity most of the current crowd up the front at Over the top rope wrestling shows are more likely to complain there's no parking than create a tivoli style atmosphere #cans #justmyopinion

The ott laughter lounge show for Thursday cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Couple of nice shows announced in recent weeks

phoenix doing an extreme show in Limerick in august

and a birthday show in cork with Scotty coming up soon!

FFP grapple games looks superb too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭ThePott

Phoenix also have a show, Mr. Charlie in the Multiverse of Madness on June 25th back in the Kino for the first time in a long time.

The night before that on the 24th FFPW have a show called 'What We do in the Fight Factory' too.

If you're mad into the wrestling here, the last few times you could do a double header with FFPW and Phoenix and even Titanic on Sundays at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Was at the OTT show in Limerick , have to say seeing Shota Umino a week before he fights at Forbiden Door in the flesh was nuts he was absolutely awesome , Nice little show to be fair , Debbie Keitel is quite good too

Phoenix have announced a closure

surprising to me and a big hole now in the Munster scene

https://twitter.com/phoenixwrasslin/status/1557093715491143683?s=21&t=YuqNIW2ml3rYUdT5Jtn4Lg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Thinking about going to OTT in the National Stadium in October or November - any recent reviews? I haven't been since The Tivoli times..

I'm torn on going. I'm glad haskins is gone but it still feels a bit directionless.

Like I never cared about zack ry der or seen much of what his done outside of wwe.

So him being the big name and noting much else announced and money being tight I'm still on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭ThePott

Hey folks, I was the ring announcer for Phoenix Wrestling (and will be again for Rebel County Wrestling) and put together a podcast looking back at Phoenix with Deano Power and Billy Bedlam.

First of four episodes is up now (new one each Friday) where we talk about how Phoenix came to be, working with other Irish promotions and the very first show. We have a range of messages from talent across the scene too, this episode alone has Marion Armstrong, Debbie Keitel, Katey Harvey, Phil Boyd and Terry Thatcher.

Check it out below or under 'Pop Cult Pod' wherever you get your podcasts if it sounds like your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

eddie kingston on next ott show

Hey guys

Has anyone been to OTT at the complex yet?

Just wondering better off parking in town and getting luas into smithfeild?

Or is there parking at the complex?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

How that venue claims to be in Smithfield is very much beyond me, it's 2 doors up from the boar's head!!!

There's some on street parking around the 4 courts or the Jervis centre car park will leave you less than a 5 minute walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I went to my first OTT show on Saturday and I had an absolute ball. I don't know too many of the OTT roster but there were a few faces I knew.

For the opener, the now retired B. Cool came out as a surprise guest ref in a title match that LJ Cleary (who wrestled Pac for the All-Atlantic on AEW tv) won against Sammy D and then lost as he was subsequently cashed in on by Sammy's partner who had a briefcase (I forget his name). Martina poked her head out the curtains at the start too, she didn't do anything more.

Ex-WWE Carlito was on the card, he's looking well, not quite able to go like he might have been a few years back, but certainly didn't look too long in the tooth for what he was doing.

Trent 7 was also present, he put on a very good show and my friend's teenager was with us and they're a huge fan of his, so they were delighted to get a pic and a t-shirt.

Finn Balor even made a video appearance in the intermission saying he might be over for a visit soon...

The venue's great. Had good craic with the regulars outside in the queue for ring-side seats early in the evening (next time I'm bringing a few cans too). Already have my tickets for the next one in January with Eddie Kingston (although unfortunately the early access tickets were sold out). The evening ended with the faces in the ring and the whole place singing Fairytale in New York which was a lot more fun than it had any right to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I see the wrestling shop in Stephen's Green is back open. Didn't go in, only walked passed it on the way to the jacks.

Mox coming to ott for March 18. Davey Richards also going be there.

Scrapper and new Hard Knox show both announced this week

Nice few months ahead

Hi ya'll.

What's the deal with early entry at the feb ott show? What time would that be?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna head to Scrappermania, going with a few friends and I'm looking forward to finally seeing Mox.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eddie Kingston has pulled out of the ott shows but says he will be back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, Shame Eddie can't make it, be nice if he was on the plane over with Mox to Scrapper in March mind :D

First time getting to the complex for OTT last night. Had to cancel December show at the last minute.

Nice venue and close to city centre. Full House.

Great show overall. Confusing stuff to start. The draw who are heels are suppose to face Kings of the north. The Kings get great reaction and then turn heel in their promo and then wrestle against the draw who have to act like the baby faces.

There pushing Sammy D but he still acts like a comedy heel.

• Advertisement

Mox and Damo confirmed for scrapper Dublin

should be a decent match, but would giving mox a local talent not he a bigger deal?

Just doing a full ex wwe match seems lazy from OTT

Advertisement