Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options
1154155156157158160»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

LJ Cleary is making his way over to Pro Wrestling Noah in Japan.

Knew he was off somewhere when he dropped the RCW title so quickly, unreal opportunity for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

FFPW Claiming grapple games is LJ's final Europe show on September 29th

You'll imagine he'll drop Hard Knox there. no HKPW show until October

Dunno. Otherwise they'll have to strip him of the title. It would be a shame cause Hard Knox have had to strip Terry Thatcher of the belt already.

Bit of an irony of LJ cashing in to get the title in Hard Knox and getting cashed in on in RCW to lose his title.

Tbf if he is finishing in Europe, Fight Factory is the place for him to have his final show.

Also worth noting that they announced today that Grapple Games will have a 'Pay what you can' system for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

very fitting, and it’s got is travelling from limerick for grapple games

Mighty shame for for HK though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Wonder if Mox will pull out of the OTT show because of the concussion he got. Maybe a lighter schedule or time off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Haven't been to OTT in an absolute age. At this stage I always leave it to see what plans I have. I'm faffing about this weekend and am being drawn to the show by Mox.

Have a feeling it'll be a great show.

Edit: Didn't realise it kicked off so early. All ages show I suppose.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think they originally changed it on the chance Ireland got into the Rugby World Cup final????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ahh makes sense! I heard it was because of the rugby World Cup but didn't connect the dots that Ireland could have been in the final.

You're absolutely right.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Great show. Selfish but enjoy the early start time. Not many kids around and those that where well behaved.

Sad about ladder match being cancelled but Session moth was injured noting you could do.

Main event was great, b cool delivered and mox was so much fun to see live.

No bad matches really. Wasn't mad about the three way with Trent, Damo and corvin. But they wrestled through a blackout and trent picking damo up was cool.

No mention of shows down the road or anymore big names coming over. Martina mention having the ladder match in December but not sure where ott are booked for in Dec

Title match today in Belfast hope charile wins and we wrap up the draw stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm not familiar with OTT but decided to go and soak in the experience.

I enjoyed it reasonably well, and the show zipped by fairly quickly which was great. I'm not a massive fan of too many multi matches but all were well paced and didn't overstay their welcome. Highlights were probably Zach Gibson, Mox and that little segment between Martina and Debbie, very unfortunate they couldn't do the match.

Staff in the stadium were really good and no hassle at all from what I saw.

I was in a pub before hand close by, and bless the barmen, I don't think they were too happy.🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

so enzo amore is next big name they are bringing into ott, whats everyones thoughts

Have to say disappointed. His a name I really won't associated with my company and don't see what vaule he brings.

It was enough of a line up with the rascals and the ladder match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Santa came to me and all my mates bringing tickets to the Rumble show. We were all die hard once a monthers but our collective interest just totally waned after Covid.

We’re all utterly intrigued at the potential of an OTT Royal Rumble. Would love to see B-Cool win it. It’ll be interesting to see who will crop up re: surprises and retro OTT returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chr1st0

So many of the draws for me have moved on, quit or turned out to be bad people since Covid all the Speaking Out stuff. The international talent has taken a dip as well imo, I get they have to rebuild a bit. Covid and Speaking Out was definitely devastating to the indie scene but when some of the hiring have been questionable it gives me pause.

Absolutely delighted for LJ Cleary though getting to go to Noah and Captain Sexsea making a return for the Rumble though is enough for me to think about giving it a look.

Is scarpermaina off this year? Usually around paddy's day and can't see any info for it?

They posted a logo for it before. It's April 20th this year.

Not sure why. I don't really follow OTT but I know they have a Rumble coming up so maybe they're waiting till they have that out of the way to start promoting it.

OK, let time osprey did a show for ott he wanted the stadium for his last ott show before going off into the sunset so to speak. Maybe thats why push itback. You think if doing the stadium do you want to give much time as possible to sell tickets. But maybe after rumble things be clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jeff Cobb trending on wrestling Twitter today giving a shout out to OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If anyone is interested we released our 2019 doc on OTT and The Tivoli on youtube today.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

was Anyone at the OTT show on Saturday night see Joe posted they won’t use the venue again heard the first show at red cow reviews where good.

• Advertisement

From what I read there was some issue with the bar where people could get drinks at the bar but not bring it into where the show was on and had to finish them there. Apparently some alcohol license issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Thanks for that wasn’t sure what was happening.

nic nemeth, formally dolph ziggler will be at scrappermania this yeat

danhausen added to scrappermania now too

Advertisement