Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Between chatting GAA, soccer and rugby on the radio, sometimes I get to fit in a bit of the ole 'rasslin when I talked to Joe Cabray ahead of Scrapper

https://scoreline.ie/scrappermania-vii-irelands-answer-to-wrestlemania-is-back-this-st-patricks-day/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Embarrassing kayfabe fluff. No question about the Jon Moxley situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I should of asked him about Kingston also it seems....ruled out with Covid going by twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Mox announced Vs Damo, MOX gets pulled.

Eddie Vs Damo announced, Eddie gets "COVID" but weirdly deletes his twitter.

Davey Richards Vs Damo announced, Davey outed as a domestic abuser.

Damo is cursed.

(Also Cabray is a scumbag for using Richards in Wolverhampton even if he cancels him the rest of the weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I put in for the refund tonight and got it.

It's noting much different of a card that you would get in the complex and it all building to Sammy D winning which is something I'm not in to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm just home, I had a great time. I didn't know about the Eddie and Davey situations till a friend told me in the queue in, it's very disappointing and I can only imagine the frustration for the team organising. I'm bummed out I didn't get to meet Eddie Kingston (and also Mox tbh), but I had a lovely brief chat with Big Damo who was at the end of the meet and greet line after Santino, Martina, Omari and Trent.

It was fun seeing the usually popular Omari getting booed out of the place cause it was Paddy's weekend and Sammy D was always gonna win it seems. It was a fun main event. The Draw holds all the gold now. Martina beat Debbie for the women's belt (and I got sprayed with Guinness by her when she was doing her HHH water bit on her entrance). I got to see PAC do a Black Arrow 5 feet away from me which was amazing :)

Not sure what they're planning for Belfast, but in spite of things not going to plan, I had a great night.

Does Kingston ever fulfill his indie dates (especially internationally)? Feels like every week a message pops up on Twitter that he's "unfortunately had to pull out" of a scheduled date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Best scrapper in years for me

all the better for not having to focus on the imports, let the talent really shine

hopefully OTT use this as the benchmark

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What happened with Kingston?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

The energy in the crowd last night was a lot lower than i expected. The odd eruption but during the matches it was very tame and quiet. Felt like the main event wasn't the most well booked storyline but I'm happy for Sammy and intrigued where the story is going to go from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Stadium show was fine I suppose.

Highlights for me were:

Dan Moloney was great, first time seeing him

4 way was great

Hot dogs never disappoint

Santino was a lot of fun, he seemed to get the only proper chant of the night too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was at the show the other night, had fun in spite of all the reshuffling. Still gutted about AEW pulling Mox from the show, but hopefully he gets the all clear to come back in the future.

Did feel weird having Sammy being a face in the main event, when the rest of the Draw were still quite clearly heeling it up the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm intrigued to what they do with the draw now. Turn them all face? maybe have 0121 (Omari, DeReiss, Moloney and Leon Slater) be the invaders of ott and the draw the protectors? Have sammy turn face properly and have him start clashing with the rest of the draw?

Heading to Grand Slam Wrestling tomorrow with the kids. Anyone know what to expect? I'm thinking I will need a sufficient amount of alcohol to endure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

I would have thought so regarding the alcohol ! Nice introduction to wrestling for the kids though. How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyone know who's behind that Grand Slam?

The poster is very Steve Muldoon/Wrestling.ie, no idea if he's still promoting or not.

It was good fun. One of the guys from the tag team 2 unlimited were on the card. Kids had good fun. The mad man from Japan gave me a laugh, very 80's wrestling racism lol.

Boots Murphy was on the card too, he was great.

The ott podcast with Joe talking about ScrapperMania was great. Outright said Eddie was lying about having covid and hoped mox would come before the end of the year.

• Advertisement

Eddie Vs Damo announced, Eddie gets "COVID" but weirdly deletes his twitter.

Called it!!!

Went to OTT in kfrc tonight. Was here few times before but first time for an all ages show. I been to OTT all ages shows before never really a problem with the kids, but today was different.

It's was sadly our section large groups of kids,parents don't care. Jumping around, screaming in people's ears, throwing stuff etc.

When the ladder match came around. I just stood at the back to watch it and left when it was over.

There where only a couple matches after that so didn't miss much.

Won't go to all ages one again there.

Friend told us that it was kinda OTTs fault too, with the kids, they encouraged them to throw toilet roll at BDE so they then thought they could do it for the rest of the show throwing stuff into the ring. Got them all riled up.

Never had any issues at all ages contenders shows in the past.

Yeah that was a factor. Also only two event staff trying to keep them under control. Of course if you where a decent parent and your child was told to sit down and behave you would get involved but they were busy at the bar.

Our section was the worst. We where asked by one of the parents if we wanted to move up as she said " I can't really stop my kids running around and jumping on chairs" I mean you could try.

Again plenty of well behaved kids and no issues in previous all ages shows.

Tickets booked for Sept and Oct shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

OTT was better when it was just over 18 shows imo, though obviously they make more cash having kids there etc so i cant blame them for doing it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kenta added to the Wolverhampton and National Stadium shows

Great show last night. Liked the new place better then the complex even do it cost me more to get there.

The interactive and win cash match was one half of the crowd got a pink raffle ticket and the other half blue.

During the match between Robbie x and man like deress, Robbie was blue and MLB was pink. Whoever won someone with the corresponding coloured ticket would win 420 euro.

I had MLB and never wanted someone to win so much as needed the money. He did but pulled someone else's number out.

Roll on Stadium show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Only 35 I hear. Too young. Rest in peace.

He is one guy who I always expected to be a name in wrestling. Always thought he would get to ROH or something based on his in-ring skills.

• Advertisement

Advertisement