Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

Was definitely an amazing match maybe second best match I've ever seen live and definitely the atmosphere made it.

OTT and Phoenix both have their Christmas show on the 14th, busy weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Irish tag team calling themselves The Incels....Americanised twats.

Irish tag team calling themselves The Incels....Americanised twats.

I'm assuming it's more of a dig on Aongus' commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

OTT has lost its craziness maybe they can do a cross over show? Justy vs. Matilda

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I should know the answer to this already, but I'm after falling out of touch this year. What's the easiest way to catch up with OTT shows online? I remember hearing about an on-demand website but I've never looked into it before.

I'll be asking similar questions about AEW in another thread later. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

ThePott wrote: »
    Was definitely an amazing match maybe second best match I've ever seen live and definitely the atmosphere made it.

OTT and Phoenix both have their Christmas show on the 14th, busy weekend.

If Phoenix don’t find a proper venue I don’t see them lasting the course. Which would be a shame. The Kino was so perfect. I had hoped the new owners would have been open to wrestling but would appear not.

Venue Crisis strikes again unfortunately. Circus Factory is a decent spot but would definitely love another Kino show.
    Although I know they'll be closing for a total renovation at some point in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

ThePott wrote: »
    Venue Crisis strikes again unfortunately. Circus Factory is a decent spot but would definitely love another Kino show.
    Although I know they'll be closing for a total renovation at some point in the near future.

Think that’s a few years down the line tbh.

I wonder have they tried the likes of the imperial or metropole or even Cyprus Avenue. Needs a city centre venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I should know the answer to this already, but I'm after falling out of touch this year. What's the easiest way to catch up with OTT shows online? I remember hearing about an on-demand website but I've never looked into it before.

I'll be asking similar questions about AEW in another thread later. :P

https://overthetopwrestling.pivotshare.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭NITRO95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

NITRO95 wrote: »

Just read this when it flashed up on my Twitter feed. Cracking read, thought you nailed your ratings for the entire card too. Aside from the More Than Hype lads it's such a shame that we don't have a compelling tag team for big name overseas tag teams to match up against. KOTN absolutely is not it.

Worth mentioning also that the event did feel big time, though the fire dance girls was a bit much, beer ending up tasting like smoke and when I got home one of the lads thought I'd been trapped in a burning building such was the smell off my clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Just read this when it flashed up on my Twitter feed. Cracking read, thought you nailed your ratings for the entire card too. Aside from the More Than Hype lads it's such a shame that we don't have a compelling tag team for big name overseas tag teams to match up against. KOTN absolutely is not it.

Worth mentioning also that the event did feel big time, though the fire dance girls was a bit much, beer ending up tasting like smoke and when I got home one of the lads thought I'd been trapped in a burning building such was the smell off my clothes.

Appreciate the feedback. I was a fan of KOTN up until earlier this year. The have just been spinning their wheels and every feud they have follows the same basic structure. Their matches are always the same too, so much so that I can call their spots 2 mins before they happen. Its irritating because they are a good team but they are just incredibly stale in OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I think both have potential away from Kings...So much that corvin could break away to main event with right push, but I would t do it at expense of the kings.

Together they should transcend the irish audience, I feel like they could as a collective feet over bigger internationally, then singularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

they are poorer when they dont have dunkan disorderly working with them

Sirsok wrote: »
    I think both have potential away from Kings...So much that corvin could break away to main event with right push, but I would t do it at expense of the kings.

Together they should transcend the irish audience, I feel like they could as a collective feet over bigger internationally, then singularly!

I like Corvin but his personality/charisma seems much stronger with KOTN, at least in OTT. His singles matches tend not to be too involving whereas he can have (or did have) the best matches on the card. Maybe it's who he was against. But he needs something different if he's going to go solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

brianblaze wrote: »

Finally one that was actually funny and not just recycled lines from The Office. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Finally one that was actually funny and not just recycled lines from The Office. Brilliant.

I've found every one of his skits hilarious, chap has great comedic timing

brianblaze wrote: »
    I've found every one of his skits hilarious, chap has great comedic timing

I agree, they've all been really funny. But all the others have been just The Office with the same lines and jokes, this is the first actual original one not written by Ricky Gervais.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I agree, they've all been really funny. But all the others have been just The Office with the same lines and jokes, this is the first actual original one not written by Ricky Gervais.

You know it’s an homage right? Like even the font they use is the same. You pointing that out is like giving out that Scary Movie ripped off Scream: that’s the point. It’s like when WWE did that “You talkin’ to me” ad for WrestleMania, they weren’t unknowingly ripping off Taxi Driver, the joke was that it was Taxi Driver with wrestlers.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    You know it’s an homage right? Like even the font they use is the same. You pointing that out is like giving out that Scary Movie ripped off Scream: that’s the point. It’s like when WWE did that “You talkin’ to me” ad for WrestleMania, they weren’t unknowingly ripping off Taxi Driver, the joke was that it was Taxi Driver with wrestlers.

Except it's not presented as an homage, you know that "right"? At no point is it acknowledged that it's an homage. Scary Movie is a spoof of Scream, a comedy made from a serious film, this isn't a spoof it's just been lines lifted from the Office. Up until this one which has been class.

There's plenty of other Mockumentaries out there by the way, Jericho doing the Spinal Tap "losing his way to the arena backstage" was an homage to Spinal Tap. These have been just lines lifted from the Office. Again, until this one, which has been the best one and only original one so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Except it's not presented as an homage, you know that "right"?

You're gonna regret that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Except it's not presented as an homage, you know that "right"? At no point is it acknowledged that it's an homage. Scary Movie is a spoof of Scream, a comedy made from a serious film, this isn't a spoof it's just been lines lifted from the Office. Up until this one which has been class.

There's plenty of other Mockumentaries out there by the way, Jericho doing the Spinal Tap "losing his way to the arena backstage" was an homage to Spinal Tap. These have been just lines lifted from the Office. Again, until this one, which has been the best one and only original one so far.

I don’t know what to tell you man. Doing a mockumentary, acting like David Brent, using the same font...maybe he’ll wink at the camera and say “Have you ever seen The Office though lad?” at the next one to spell it out. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

This is fair sh*te talk, even by my standards.

leggo wrote: »
    I don’t know what to tell you man. Doing a mockumentary, acting like David Brent, using the same font...maybe he’ll wink at the camera and say “Have you ever seen The Office though lad?” at the next one to spell it out. :pac:

What font are you on about?? They don't use any font. Anyway, we'll agree to disagree, for me until this week's (which again was brilliant) it's just been a plagiarism, joke thief thing. Nothing like an homage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

The priority ticket on Eventbrite says 5:15 entry, but on the event info it says "first entry 5:45" any ideas?
    and when do they start letting the GA people in?

showpony1 wrote: »
    The priority ticket on Eventbrite says 5:15 entry, but on the event info it says "first entry 5:45" any ideas?
    and when do they start letting the GA people in?

Just tweet at them. Maybe the 5:15 is for the QA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Made a documentary on OTT and The Tivoli. Hour Long, out tonight on OTT's youtube at 7pm

Here the Trailer -

Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Sirsok wrote: »
    Made a documentary on OTT and The Tivoli. Hour Long, out tonight on OTT's youtube at 7pm

cheers brother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Well Pentagon was bloody amazing live.

Advertisement