Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

showpony1 wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing Tyler Bate - this would be a year since he's been in Dublin (whether they are cancelled hours before the show or not is another matter).

We don't really get names out of ordinary anymore - I'd say Lucha Bros. were first big random name in a long time.

I'd be shocked if it's Moxley.

I expect announcement to be made in tallaght next sat "Eddie Kingston, Mike Bailey, Moustache Mountain and........JORDAN DEVLIN".

i'd love to see Will Osprey again, so that would be a realistic one i'd hope for (he could wrestle Davies).

Too soon for Devlin return I think, and he's a bit busy now being the cruiserweight champ.

Scotty needs a year build to dethrone Starr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

See some rumblings on Twitter of a huge massive announcement, albeit from OTT staff, but OTT usually deliver

Seeing as we got a few NJPW guys in the past, is it possible the likes of Ibushi or Okada could come?

Balor might be a great shout in fairness, paddys day weekend, on a lighter schedule.

Connections with WWE could see the likes of Imperium show up. Or shock ..... the system undisputed era? Guys like Ohno or even Cesaro.

Free agents wise you have Luke Harper floating about, Brian Cage?

Impact perspective Tessa Blanchard or Sami Callahan all possible.

ROH wise someone mentioned that they have a show on same day so no fun speculating their.

AEW guys like Pentagon , Allin and MJF have showed up recently , Moxley may be decent shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Sirsok wrote: »
    See some rumblings on Twitter of a huge massive announcement, albeit from OTT staff, but OTT usually deliver

Seeing as we got a few NJPW guys in the past, is it possible the likes of Ibushi or Okada could come?

Balor might be a great shout in fairness, paddys day weekend, on a lighter schedule.

Connections with WWE could see the likes of Imperium show up. Or shock ..... the system undisputed era? Guys like Ohno or even Cesaro.

Free agents wise you have Luke Harper floating about, Brian Cage?

Impact perspective Tessa Blanchard or Sami Callahan all possible.

ROH wise someone mentioned that they have a show on same day so no fun speculating their.

AEW guys like Pentagon , Allin and MJF have showed up recently , Moxley may be decent shout

Finn Balor, Undisputed Era, Cesaro being announced by OTT for Scrappermania. Have a word with yourself.

Finn Balor has showed up in OTT before while under contract has he not? Outside the realms of possibility now? Maybe not.

NXT folks are appearing on the card Bate, Seven and Storm.

Noam Dar is current ICW champion while under contract to WWE.

Just throwing names out there to start a conversation.

Is it outside the realms of possibility that OTT and WWE have some time of working agreement? Considering 6 Irish wrestlers are on their roster. 4 have appeared in some shape or form in OTT in the past . 2 OTT regulars Kietel and May were recently on NXT UK, and they loan their UK wrestlers to OTT. All people I have suggested have also showed up in NXT UK in the past 6 months.

NXT have a live show 14th of March in Florida. True Undisputed Era is a bit of a stretch, but is Balor?

NXT have a live show 14th of March in Florida. True Undisputed Era is a bit of a stretch, but is Balor?

Yes. it won't be Finn Balor announced on the card as being there. He will be worried about Wrestlemania weekend not Scrappermania.

i just read the "inside" twitter posts there saying its going be the biggest announcement ever pretty much, which i suppose depends on the posters involved perspectives. Hopefully its announced next Sat.

• Advertisement

Wrestlemania is 3 weeks after. Paddys day weekend. Never know!

Any one in particular you think it possibly could be?

Wrestlemania is 3 weeks after. Paddys day weekend. Never know!

Any one in particular you think it possibly could be?

It'll be all the usuals with maybe Devlin & an AEW or New Japan name.

I would hope for Osprey but i thought i read there is a clash there.

By your logic Why was Balor/Cesaro etc not there any other year? It was Paddys day last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NXT UK stars are in more flexible contracts hence Bate, Seven and Storm being available. I wager it’s similar craic with the likes of Wolfgang and Dar being on ICW. Note that Pete Dunne is now on NXT USA full time and isn’t around anymore. Finn Balor showed up at OTT when he was out injured and happened to be home for Christmas but also important to note is that he didn’t compete.

PAC removed from next weeks show.
    They've changed the name of the show to Kings & Monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

biggest announcement ever hype theyd have to come through with Okada or Moxley

• Advertisement

I'm just merely speculating, like I did with the dozen other names I threw out there.

It being their biggest show of the year, possibly their biggest announcement , on paddys day. It's certainly not impossible all though unlikely I'll admit.

Prob wont find out until the 15th anyway. Seen Pac is missing the 15th but will be at scrapper.

A teaser video just went up on OTT social media for the mystery announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

sky88 wrote: »
    biggest announcement ever hype theyd have to come through with Okada or Moxley

Or Devitt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It's 100% Moxley

Looks like Jay white also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Looks like Jay white also

and he uses the 5 bar gate as a logo

Untitled-1_8c2f9f1c-921b-4654-87f0-b98544521c0c_1024x1024.png?v=1562846102

The teaser video is from Moxley's post WWE promo video of the dude in the jail cell

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What are the chances of both men turning up?

jay white wouldn't have the staff posting about one of the biggest announcements ever on twitter.
    i reckon its MOX.
    Surprised he's doing european indy dates.

jay white wouldn't have the staff posting about one of the biggest announcements ever on twitter.
    i reckon its MOX.
    Surprised he's doing european indy dates.

In fairness, OTT are one of the few who will fill a stadium, sell a shed load of merch and meet and greet tickets.

Plus people want to work OTT shows now. Crowd and atmosphere get talked about loads, even by Meltzer

• Advertisement

I wonder will MOX be doing the official meet & greet before

I wonder will MOX be doing the official meet & greet before

I'd imagine so, be a nice earner for him! I'd say Renee would love a good holiday over here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

brianblaze wrote: »
    I'd imagine so, be a nice earner for him! I'd say Renee would love a good holiday over here too!

If he's looking to save a few quid i've no problem renting out the spare room to Renee at a very affordable rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Confirmed as Mox. With the addition him and Pac and then some of the others they have over and the strength of the homegrown roster, plus it being a Stadium show you'd expect it to be very good. Going on lineup alone maybe even a contender for Indie show of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

If they do get Mox it has to be the biggest indy show of the year in Europe at least. Progress/WXW can't really book anything like these and this line up will surely give anyone in the US a run for their money.

Also, FFPW has got Mike Quackenbush coming on March 8. So annoying I can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

jface187 wrote: »
    If they do get Mox it has to be the biggest indy show of the year in Europe at least. Progress/WXW can't really book anything like these and this line up will surely give anyone in the US a run for their money.

Also, FFPW has got Mike Quackenbush coming on March 8. So annoying I can't make it.

Why are people still saying "IF" his feckin logo is the "O" in "OTT" in the latest promo. He's in the video. He's coming.

Should we now expect Cobb to be pulled from OTT Saturday also

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I don't see why. Other people from that company work OTT.

Nope, he's in the UK this weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Ah mate, dont be the cliche smart fan. Buy a ticket and go watch JC live in Dublin

Advertisement