Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I think in-ring he is readyand confidence and personality-wise he is ready too. But the NJPW juniors division is stacked, featured places on the card is limited and if you are a gaijin going over there you want to be going over there with a serious amount of buzz behind you. Like when Ospreay went over there he was in the middle of that great Progress run, had done that best of 3 series with Matt Sydal in Rev Pro and had a killer match with Okada in Reading.

Davis is really only starting to climb the cards in the Brit companies and hasn't been the main man yet for his home promotion. In a years time he'd probably have at least an OTT title run under his belt, maybe a few big matches in front of a UK crowd, I think he'd be going into it in a much stronger position.

Isn't that all in how he's positioned though? If they decide to put a rocket on him, then they can!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

brianblaze wrote: »
    Isn't that all in how he's positioned though? If they decide to put a rocket on him, then they can!

Oh ye and maybe I'm wrong and maybe they will in the same way that they have with Phantasmo but right now I do have my doubts and, honestly, I wouldn't blame them if they don't. Like I think his talent will shine through eventually, but I wonder if more patience in the short term would yield better long term results.

Either way, big things for that chap! At his age my biggest claim to fame was being a pigeon in the Paddy's Day parade

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Got around to watching that OTT doc 'The ring that tied the room together'. Quality content. Just wanted to say fair play to everyone involved. I was always very critical of the Irish scene for years cause I thought the attitude was often quite defeatist and that no one had a vision. I was wrong on at least one score. Joe took the gamble that I always wanted someone to take and it paid off. Massive respect. Haven't gotten to a show in a while, but I'll definitely bust my ass to get to one in 2020.

https://youtu.be/Pmjj1APRSPs

J money uploaded and posted the entire Trinity Brawl 2 show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

OTT put Starr v Devlin up on YouTube for free.

https://twitter.com/Mr_SmallPackage/status/1211325243031195649?s=19

One of the best over the last decade in Ireland hangs up the boots it seems.

Yup the small package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    OTT put Starr v Devlin up on YouTube for free.

just watched this having never seen any OTT before

very enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

Phoenix announced their shows for the year, two Limerick shows among them. They also have a show on the 8th of February; That Langer's So Langers He Can't Find his own Langer. Which is the start of the tournament to crown a Phoenix Wrestling Champ.
    https://twitter.com/PHOENIXwrasslin/status/1211955448036970496

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

ThePott wrote: »
    Phoenix announced their shows for the year, two Limerick shows among them. They also have a show on the 8th of February; That Langer's So Langers He Can't Find his own Langer. Which is the start of the tournament to crown a Phoenix Wrestling Champ.
    https://twitter.com/PHOENIXwrasslin/status/1211955448036970496

Any idea what is with the name of the show? I have a friend after getting interested and wanted me to go, very open to having a look but the name of the show is just strange to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Any idea what is with the name of the show? I have a friend after getting interested and wanted me to go, very open to having a look but the name of the show is just strange to me.
    It's just a joke really. Progress do/did something similar with their shows.

Never really hear about Progress anymore, speaking for myself.

Yeah it's just a joke. The Phoenix Lads are always naming their shows fun things like pop culture references and jokes.
    It's just screwing around with how Cork people use the word Langer for loads of things, in this case alone Langer has three meanings.

That Langer's [eejit] so Langers [drunk] he can't find his own Langer [knob]

Sorry if that's over explaining it haha.
    On a separate note they just announced Debbie Keitel vs. Sammii Jayne for the title for this show with more announcements coming this week.

Some NXT UK spoilers here but Michael May beat Lestyn Rees in an apparent dark match.
    While Valkyrie although all the reports are listing her as Aoife Cusack also debuted and won a match against Amale.

Delighted for both of them!

Yeah it's great. Guessing they actually have some decent plans for them too since they both went over. They're great talents, good to see them get the opporunity.

https://youtu.be/azieohskQ5Y

Push incoming it seems. They've got four different videos about Devlin on their YouTube channel right now, all in the last few hours.

Delighted for him!

does anyone use the OTT video on demand service,

thinking of signing up for ut after wathcing a few matches on youtube, is it value for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

does anyone use the OTT video on demand service,

thinking of signing up for ut after wathcing a few matches on youtube, is it value for money?

Not to sound like a smart arse but, it's 8 euro a month how could it not be?

Not to sound like a smart arse but, it's 8 euro a month how could it not be?

Sorry, value was probably the wrong word to use... how much content is uploaded on it?

is there enough stuff on it worth watching to keep you entertained for a while

It's not just OTT stuff anymore either, there's some RevPro, AAW, RIPTIDE and even some Highspots stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

So. The Pott has a decent singing voice.

Good Phoenix show tonight.

Scotty Davis stole the show as usual.

Someone else can fill in the gaps.

bot43 wrote: »
    So. The Pott has a decent singing voice.
    :D Appreciate it, so yeah I was ring announcing for this show so I'll give some notes and results if people would be interested. This was the start of the tournament to find a Phoenix Champion. The matches in italics and underlined were in the tournament and the ones in bold won their matches and go onto the next leg of the tournament April 10th.

Butch Armstrong w/Marion Armstrong vs. William Eaver
    Reardon O'Connor vs. CJ West vs. Mr. Charlie
    Raven Creed vs. Owen Richards
    -Raven accidentally took out Foxy and a masked man brought Richards out a chair which he used on Raven to ge the win.

Liam Royal vs. B-Cool vs. Danny Cross vs. Matt Skyler
    Scotty Davis vs. Corey Jefferies
    -This one needs some notes. So Corey Jefferies has been on the Cork scene for a long time. When Phoenix launched he was in a tag team with Matt Skyler called Flight Mode. He hadn't been seen in Phoenix for over a year. This was an absolutely star making performance. Was just an amazing match and the crowd was fire for it. Eventually Scotty came out on top and showed Corey respect. Matt Skyler came out and reunited with Jefferies and then proceeded to beat the sh1t out of him. Corey was in tears and badly beaten, Matt Skyler called out Phoenix because he's been here breaking himself and putting out great matches and didn't get into the tournament while Corey just strolls in and gets a chance. Crowd hated his guts was an emotional one to cap off a great match.
    Michael May vs. Luther Valentine
    Justy w/Liam Royal vs. DCT
    -Controversial one Liam became involved more than once, this was refereed by Phoenix's Junior Ref, Ryan Bell where as Foxy had done most of the matches. Justy won but a very questionable win.
    Sammii Jayne vs. Debbie Keitel
    -Foxy got knocked out and Debbie used the opportunity to hit Sammii with the title to get the win. Was a great main event.

So those are the results. Next show is a Gym show March 7th, tickets going up next week. The finals of the Tournament will take place on the 10th of April in the Circus Factory (new home for Phoenix). ATM the four semi-finalists are Scotty Davis, Justy, Michael May and William Eaver so one of them is going to be the first Phoenix Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

The usuals announced for Scrappermania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

showpony1 wrote: »

I'd say there are more to be announced.

Who would people like to see?

Someone like Moxley could be a possibility?

Reckon we will have someone like Scotty Davis go up against Starr, as he is the saviour of Irish wrestling. Might be a bit to soon in Starrs run though.

Would love to see some former OTT champs challenge him to over throw Starr, Ward v Starr would be awesome, could have Tracey come back. Pete Dunne another option which would be class.

Be awesome if Devlin came back and still couldn't do it, leading to Davis winning.

And Jordon and Davis start up a fuss based on that

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

showpony1 wrote: »

Sick to my eyeballs of those moustached dopes. Wish they'd drop the belts and **** off to WWE and not come back.

Was hoping for a big announcement like Moxley but looks like same old same old.

I'm expecting Marty or Moxley

I need to hear Marty's theme in the stadium.

brianblaze wrote: »
    I'm expecting Marty or Moxley

I need to hear Marty's theme in the stadium.

Oh God

Starr v Marty or Moxley at Scrapper

The promos....

Oh my....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Tyler Bate - this would be a year since he's been in Dublin (whether they are cancelled hours before the show or not is another matter).

We don't really get names out of ordinary anymore - I'd say Lucha Bros. were first big random name in a long time.

I'd be shocked if it's Moxley.

I expect announcement to be made in tallaght next sat "Eddie Kingston, Mike Bailey, Moustache Mountain and........JORDAN DEVLIN".

i'd love to see Will Osprey again, so that would be a realistic one i'd hope for (he could wrestle Davies).

Advertisement